Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 4:15 pm

Yahoo!, attributed to Daily Beast:

"Retired Air Force Intel Boss Caught With Hundreds of Top Secret Docs at Home"

Quote:
Amid seemingly endless revelations of classified government files turning up at the homes of certain sitting and former U.S. presidents (as well as veeps), a high-ranking Air Force officer has quietly admitted to retaining hundreds of highly sensitive documents at his Florida home.

Some of the information was classified at the Top Secret/SCI level, and laid out, among other things, capabilities and collection methods used by the National Security Agency (NSA), according to investigators. If ever exposed, the files “could be expected to cause exceptionally grave damage to the national security of the United States,” prosecutors said in a plea agreement unsealed over the weekend and obtained by The Daily Beast.
Maybe they give the stuff out as going-away presents now. :?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 5:31 pm

Another classified document was found at Mike Pence’s Indiana home during FBI search

Quote:
The FBI discovered an additional classified document at former Vice President Mike Pence's Indiana home Friday during a voluntary five-hour search of the house, a Pence adviser said in a statement.

The adviser, Devin O'Malley, said "the Department of Justice completed a thorough and unrestricted search of five hours and removed one document with classified markings and six additional pages without such markings that were not discovered in the initial review by the vice president’s counsel.”

"The vice president has directed his legal team to continue its cooperation with appropriate authorities and to be fully transparent through the conclusion of this matter," O'Malley said. He also noted that Pence and his legal team had "agreed to a consensual search of his residence that took place today."

A source familiar with the search said DOJ was given unrestricted access to Pence's home, and a member of his legal team was present through its duration.

The scope of the search included looking for documents that DOJ believed might be considered original documents that should have been sent to the National Archives, the source said, which could explain the six pages of additional material that were taken.

Pence and his wife Karen Pence were not home at the time, the source said. The former second couple went to the West Coast to be with their son and daughter’s military families, the source said, adding that both of the families had welcomed a new baby this week — the Pences' second and third grandchildren.

A Justice Department official confirmed to NBC News the search was a “consent” search agreed upon by the department and Pence's lawyers, and there were no search warrants issued in advance. All the ground rules for the search were stipulated to during negotiations between the Justice Department and the Pence team, the official said.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 5:39 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Yahoo!, attributed to Daily Beast:

"Retired Air Force Intel Boss Caught With Hundreds of Top Secret Docs at Home"
Quote:
Amid seemingly endless revelations of classified government files turning up at the homes of certain sitting and former U.S. presidents (as well as veeps), a high-ranking Air Force officer has quietly admitted to retaining hundreds of highly sensitive documents at his Florida home.

Some of the information was classified at the Top Secret/SCI level, and laid out, among other things, capabilities and collection methods used by the National Security Agency (NSA), according to investigators. If ever exposed, the files “could be expected to cause exceptionally grave damage to the national security of the United States,” prosecutors said in a plea agreement unsealed over the weekend and obtained by The Daily Beast.
Maybe they give the stuff out as going-away presents now. :?

When you leave office they throw a fishnchips cookout, and just wrap the fishnchips in whatever paper is handy. "The list of the President's secret nuclear missle codes? Sure ...that will hold the grease!" :D

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2023, 9:59 am

Yahoo!, attributed to Bloomberg: "Kissinger, Albright Among Officials Who Shared Classified Papers"

Quote:
Donated document collections of Henry Kissinger, Madeleine Albright and several other former US lawmakers and other high-ranking officials — have included potentially mishandled sensitive information, the National Archives and Records Administration said Thursday.

The Archives has received about 80 reports since 2009 of potentially classified or restricted documents donated to libraries, universities and museums by former members of Congress, diplomats, scientists and others.
You're going to need a bigger cookout.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2023, 12:04 pm

NBC News: "Discord's rise punctuated by leak of classified documents"

Quote:
Not long ago, it was a humble chat platform for video game enthusiasts.

Now, thanks to its role in one of the biggest intelligence leaks in U.S. history, Discord is suddenly the focus of national attention and growing questions about how classified Pentagon documents circulated on it for weeks, maybe months.
And make sure there's someplace where the kids can play video games.