Page 5 of 20 [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 9:03 pm

Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
↑ Mocking ideas and the "logic" used to arrive at them is permitted.  Mocking other WP members is not.

It is now after 16:00 Philippine Standard Time, which means it is past 00:00 on Wednesday morning in the "Lower 48" with no news yet of Mr. Trump's arrest.

Apparently, Mr. Trump has lied again.

:roll: How could we expect anything else?

It was mocking me personally.
How can't you see that? :scratch:

I will explain it to you:
I was presented as someone whinging in a childish way.
I hope we are on the same page now. :wink:

You're still doing it, I appreciate you validating my observation.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 9:29 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
impatiently drumming fingers on table... :lol:

They’re just letting trumplestiltskin stew & squirm. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 9:30 pm

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 10:02 pm

Speculation=mine:
I am getting a strong feeling that Bragg is getting cold feet and that the witnesses brought in this week harms the prosecution case. Not just MAGA's but plenty of progressives think this is a weak case.

Media fear Stormy Daniels case could be 'weakest' against Trump: 'Some real misgivings'

Quote:
MSNBC contributor Charlie Sykes conceded during "Morning Joe" this week that this may be the "weakest case" against Trump, though it could be the first in a line to come.

Jonathan Lemire told the panelists that some Democrats and senior White House officials "fear that because this case is weakest, that if it is brought first, that it will be potential – allow Trump to then paint this one as illegitimate, that it's weak, and suggest that all of the other cases against him are as well. And that is something they're worried about."
During "CNN This Morning" on Wednesday, former Barack Obama adviser Van Jones said that the hush money case was not the "strongest."

On Tuesday's show, CNN legal analyst Elie Honig told host Don Lemon that the case was not easy to prove just because it involved a paper trail.

Former U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Georgia Michael Moore told MSNBC's Alex Wagner on March 15 that he didn't find the Stormy Daniels case "very compelling."

"I have some real misgivings about where we are in the cases. I wish these prosecutors would get somewhere in a room together and talk about who has the strongest case and who's got the most evidence, who can actually do something as opposed to worrying about who is going get to be the first one at the watering trough. And I am afraid that is where we are at. And I just don’t find the case very compelling, we are talking about a case, it’s as old as the New York case, over a misdemeanor charge which they think maybe if they charge it a certain way or have certain evidence added to it, it might become a felony, I just am not sure that's the case you want to bring first to try to bring a historic case against a former President of the United States," Moore said.

A New York Magazine piece published on Sunday noted that the "prevailing mood" among Trump's critics is "nervousness and skepticism."

"We find ourselves on tenterhooks waiting for Trump to be indicted by the Manhattan district attorney’s office in what would be the first-ever criminal prosecution of a former U.S. president, but the prevailing mood among many of Trump’s detractors and antagonists is one of nervousness and skepticism, not excitement," the piece headlined, "The First Case Against Trump Is … This?" said

Jessica Levinson, a professor at Loyola Law School, wrote that "for some of Trump’s biggest critics, the prospect of an indictment related to the Daniels case leads to little but existential dread."

Trump is a master of getting even some of the most rational opponents so riled up that they make mistakes.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 22 Mar 2023, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 10:14 pm

Here's a lawyer's take on the case and why it might not be a slamdunk.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 4:12 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Trump is a master of getting even some of the most rational opponents so riled up that they make mistakes.

Not just Trump. :mrgreen:

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

23 Mar 2023, 5:42 am

Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
↑ Mocking ideas and the "logic" used to arrive at them is permitted.  Mocking other WP members is not.

It was mocking me personally.
How can't you see that? :scratch:

The original, and permissible, part is (my emphasis):
funeralxempire wrote:
Yeah sorry, your logic sounds like a small child who's trying to dodge punishment. :lol:
Instead of constantly bragging about your alleged abilities in truth, logic and reason (a matter of common record as anyone can see through your post history), try demonstrating them instead.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 4:58 pm

Still waiting....

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 5:08 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Still waiting....

Good things come to those who wait. :D

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 5:34 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Still waiting....

When will it be? I know you are tuned into when Trump's gettin' his comeuppance.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 6:46 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Still waiting....

When will it be? I know you are tuned into when Trump's gettin' his comeuppance.

How would I know when? :?

Just because I’m right, based on logic/common sense that there’s a 0% chance the feds let anyone get away with a failed coup unscathed, among other crimes in a crime spree, doesn’t mean I have some sort of Q level clearance to know when the orange guy is getting taken into custody. Wtf.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 7:19 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Still waiting....

How would I know when? :?

Just because I’m right, based on logic/common sense that there’s a 0% chance the feds let anyone get away with a failed coup unscathed, among other crimes in a crime spree, doesn’t mean I have some sort of Q level clearance to know when the orange guy is getting taken into custody. Wtf.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 8:28 pm

ABC News Live Update

Quote:
Grand jury won't meet about Trump case this week, sources say
The grand jury hearing evidence of former President Donald Trump’s alleged role in hush money paid to Stormy Daniels will not meet about the case for the remainder of the week, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

he grand jury is meeting Thursday to consider a different case, the sources said. The grand jury news was first reported by Business Insider.

The grand jury is expected to reconvene Monday to consider the Trump case, at which time at least one additional witness may be called to testify, the sources said.

The Manhattan district attorney’s office declined to comment.

It is not uncommon for grand juries to sit in consideration of multiple cases at once.

DA says compliance with GOP's requests for information would interfere with investigation
Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s general counsel responded to House Republicans Thursday, telling them compliance with their requests for information would interfere with a legitimate law enforcement investigation.

General counsel Leslie Dubeck noted the House inquiry only resulted from former President Donald Trump’s social media post.

“Your letter dated March 20, 2023 (the "Letter"), in contrast, is an unprecedented inquiry into a pending local prosecution," Dubeck wrote. "The Letter only came after Donald Trump created a false expectation that he would be arrested the next day and his lawyers reportedly urged you to intervene. Neither fact is a legitimate basis for congressional inquiry."

Officials closely watching 'online environment' surrounding potential indictment
Senior administration officials at the Department of Homeland Security are continuing to "watch closely, particularly in the online environment" surrounding a potential indictment against former President Donald Trump, a senior administration official said.

There is nothing "that rises to the level of being credible and specific" or "actionable," the administration official said. However, the official said that online "there are always things that emerge that will cause people to take note and possibly raise concern."

As the grand jury continues, the lines of communication with local authorities like the NYPD and Capitol Police have been "wide open."

"It's been a several day period of, I'd say, very open and continued information exchange between and among federal and state partners, focused on this issue," a senior administration official said.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 12:45 am

While I'm not a lawyer and none of us have seen Bragg's evidence, my favorite legal broadcast sees a host of weak spots in this potential prosecution, with the statute of limitations question, in particular, creating a giant barrier. The original misdemeanor charge is probably strong by itself, but it should have been filed years ago. The legal arguments get weaker as they try to make the case for tolling the statute, most of which involve tying the misdemeanor to larger federal felony charges (not in Bragg's jurisdiction), if I have it right (I might not, don't hold me to the last few details).

Statute of limitations issues are quite important, but prosecutors have also been known to let a jury decide if they apply, instead of conceding out the gate. So off the bat, even were it to go to trail, Trump has a good chance of winning, and that is a political problem.

Bragg has to be careful. A bad prosecution can be used by Trump to support his portrayal of a vengeful deep state.

Rumor has it Trump is actually enjoying this. It's giving him something to rail against, and keeps him in the spotlight. He wouldn't enjoy an actual conviction, obviously, but it isn't hard to see how he could enjoy the speculation game. He loves to pretend he's the victim; it's one of his playbooks.

I understand the potential case in Georgia to be a much stronger one, and it doesn't have the same statute of limitations problem.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 2:56 am

Quote:
Twitter flooded with deepfakes of Donald Trump resisting arrest
March 23, 2023 - 9:12AM

Twitter has been flooded with deepfakes of Former US President Donald Trump resisting arrest.

The fabricated images show Mr Trump breaking free from police and tearing up in court.

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/u ... 23102573e1

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

24 Mar 2023, 9:22 am

^ Here, let me post the image for you -