Preachers to Stand Up to Christian Nationalists.

Page 4 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 11:10 pm

You seem to base your claims on what is only possible, no matter how unlikely it may actually be.

Sad, if true.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 2:09 am

Fnord wrote:
You seem to base your claims on what is only possible, no matter how unlikely it may actually be.

Sad, if true.

My brother in law is a mason, he's the one who told me.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Jun 2023, 1:11 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Not sure how you can convince yourself you are a christian and a right wing ethnonationalist....but I guess that what most white Americans and white South Africans believed (and probably still believe)

No they don't. Not at all nowadays, except for a tiny minority who isolate themselves in places such as Orania or remote farms.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 1:17 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Sad, if true.

My brother in law is a mason, he's the one who told me.

I don't know anything about that book or very much at all about masonic symbols and philosophies to have an educated comment at all. I do have a couple friends that are Masons, though, so I know a very little bit about their organization.

On that note, Fnord is a Mason and of the three of us would have the most educated opinion on this.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 4:31 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
On that note, Fnord is a Mason and of the three of us would have the most educated opinion on this.

Yikes! 8O Cyberdad quietly slinks away from this thead

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 4:33 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Not sure how you can convince yourself you are a christian and a right wing ethnonationalist....but I guess that what most white Americans and white South Africans believed (and probably still believe)

No they don't. Not at all nowadays, except for a tiny minority who isolate themselves in places such as Orania or remote farms.

Actually that does make sense, I work with a white south African. He has no nationalism. Doesn't have much nice to say about the ANC though.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 4:37 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
[
I don't know anything about that book or very much at all about masonic symbols and philosophies to have an educated comment at all. I do have a couple friends that are Masons, though, so I know a very little bit about their organization..

Both my brother-in-law and his father are masons, They have told me there is masonic symbolism everywhere etched in almost every building and public works in every major city.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 5:36 pm

^That is a story we tell non-Masons just to observe their reactions.  The ones who go all wide-eyed and hungry for more and the ones who laugh it off for the nonsense it is are not usually considered good candidates for the Craft.

It is the singular one who merely contemplates the alleged "symbols" and inquires as to their meaning whom we consider for future induction into the Craft.

It is a screening tool, nothing more.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 5:48 pm

After a quick review of Umberto Eco's "Foucalt's Pendulum" (reading all 577 pages in one night would have been self-inflicted torture), I came to the conclusion that Eco's story is satire, written with so many obscure references to alchemical nonsense, distorted histories, Jewish Mysticism, and conspiracy theories (some of which he invented specifically for the book) that any reasonable person should see that if one stops discriminating between whether propositions are right or wrong, it is possible to link any fact or idea with any other, which creates a dangerous tendency towards immersing one's mind in the conspiracy theorists' cesspool.  It is not the facts or ideas they cite, but the web of assumptions, coincidences, guesses, and outright lies they weave that makes a conspiracy theory a piece of mental trash.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 8:35 pm

Fnord wrote:
^That is a story we tell non-Masons just to observe their reactions.  The ones who go all wide-eyed and hungry for more and the ones who laugh it off for the nonsense it is are not usually considered good candidates for the Craft.

It is the singular one who merely contemplates the alleged "symbols" and inquires as to their meaning whom we consider for future induction into the Craft.

Yeah they are secretive. Among the things that are interesting
1. The all seeing eye of Horus on the US dollar bill rising from a pyramid
2. Use of Egyptian Obelisks all over Washington
3. The weird replication of Shah Jehan's Mausoleum (The Taj Mahal) is the design of the White House (The Taj Mahal is actually built over one of holiest temples in India which is supposed to have been thousands of years old)

This doesn't include Egyptian and Babylonian religious imagery/symbolism in the buildings in NY or Washington.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 12:23 am

cyberdad wrote:
Among the things that are interesting
3. The weird replication of Shah Jehan's Mausoleum (The Taj Mahal) is the design of the White House (The Taj Mahal is actually built over one of holiest temples in India which is supposed to have been thousands of years old)

This doesn't include Egyptian and Babylonian religious imagery/symbolism in the buildings in NY or Washington.
Those facts, while 'interesting', prove only that the designers admired Egyptology and Eastern architecture; nothing more.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 12:27 am

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Yeah they are secretive. Among the things that are interesting

Keep in mind the era many of those buildings were built. There's a lot of imitation of Greek, Roman, Egyptian and other cultures. It doesn't prove anything beyond that they had influences.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 12:52 am

funeralxempire wrote:
. . . There's a lot of imitation of Greek, Roman, Egyptian and other cultures. It doesn't prove anything beyond that they had influences.
My cousin is one of those New Age 'psychics' who believes hers is the final word on all things spiritual.  She reported seeing a white-furred grizzly bear on Isle Royal, and claimed it was a sign of ascendancy for any First Nations tribe that had a bear as one of its totems.  She has not spoken to me ever since I pointed out that (due to global warming) polar bears and grizzly bears were encroaching on each others' territories, mating, and producing offspring with mixed-breed features.

I do wonder why some people take offense to mundane facts while bombarding the rest of us with their fantasy stories.

mrpieceofwork
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 1:18 am

"I do wonder why some people take offense to mundane facts while bombarding the rest of us with their fantasy stories."

because surely they're not saddled with a mind that is only able understand mundane things

My text only website
https://rawtext.club/~mrpieceofwork/
"Imagine Life Without Money"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 1:25 am

mrpieceofwork wrote:
Fnord wrote:
"I do wonder why some people take offense to mundane facts while bombarding the rest of us with their fantasy stories."[/color]because surely they're not saddled with a mind that is only able understand mundane things
An alternative explanation would be that they are saddled with minds that are so dissatisfied with facts that they cannot help it but to impose their own fantasies.

You know . . . like people who derail threads for the sake of spreading their favorite conspiracy theories . . .

* AHEM *
:?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 4:30 am

Fnord wrote:
You know . . . like people who derail threads for the sake of spreading their favorite conspiracy theories . . .

* AHEM *
:?
[/color]

Well that was subtle...