WrongPlanet: Asperger's Phone wins Motorolla design contest

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

alex
Developer
Developer

30 Jan 2006, 12:03 am

Motorola's MOTOFWRD competition challenged college students nationwide to depict the future of mobile technology.

Duke University student John Finan's "mood phone" placed first among five hundred submissions. The phone, designed to interpret the mood of the person on the other end of the line, is meant to help individuals with Asperger's syndrome who may have difficulty recognizing emotional and social cues in the speech of others.

Read the full article:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/article302.html

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2006, 12:21 am

That's a very wonderful and innovative invention. :D

CHAOS
Raven
Raven

30 Jan 2006, 12:30 am

Isn't it kind of cheating? Like making the phone read the person more than yourself? Who cares, it helps. :P

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

30 Jan 2006, 1:32 am

neat-o. :D

Laura
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jan 2006, 9:18 pm

wow..awsome..exsiting..fun..easy..when are they getting made..can i have one when they do