Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 3:14 pm

I guess this is more important to the families of those who died in the Twin Towers. Does anyone remember where they were when this happened?

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 3:38 pm

9/11 2001: I was at home and suddenly decided to test the antenna for the radio. I never ever listen to radio but that particular day I happened to do
They was in the middle of talkings about this and I didnt get it, so I turned on the TV to see whats up. Then I stuck the whole night watching CNN....

And today I took the time to watch videos of this on YouTube. I dont know if its appropiate to paste in links here so I take the safe side and dont

some people can also be very cruel in their comments on the videos there... ✈ ▌▌

Last edited by xalepax on 11 Sep 2009, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ForsakenEagle
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Sep 2009, 4:11 pm

I was just getting up to have breakfast before going to school (6th grade). The first thing I saw were my parents watching the news. The first thing I saw on the television was the second plane hitting the WTC.

I can't hope but feel sad that so many innocent people were thrown into a war unfairly that day. It makes me even more upset hearing people saying things like:

"We should blow up the Middle East!"
"All Muslims deserve to die!"
"Stupid Americans deserved it!"
"Fat-asses should have jumped a long time ago!"

These kinds of statements are absolutely revolting and narrow-minded. Innocent people from both sides do not deserve to be thrown into a war because of the mistakes of a small group of people.

9/11 was a day where everyday heroes (firefighters, police officers, doctors, office workers, etc.) showed great courage in the face of great danger and hatred. It always brings a tear to my eye whenever I watch a 9/11 special seeing these heroes put others before themselves. Seeing those heroes working their hardest to dig out any survivor they can from the rumble.

It does not matter if this was a conspiracy or actually the work of terrorists. Show respect to the innocent victims and those everyday heroes.

Never forget.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 4:24 pm

I was asleep when it happened. I worked late and I'm on the west coast too so it was really early here. I woke up to my dad screaming into the answering machine to pick up the phone because he needed me to make a couple phone calls that he didn't have the pohone numbers for on him because my dad was involved in the boy scouts and most of the leaders were cops who had been called into work so he needed to find people to lead the meeting that night.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 4:41 pm

I was home, getting ready to go to a doctor's appointment.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 4:50 pm

watching a cartoon intill the news flash went on...

i wish poeple could move. on . so.. much... hatred... it's not good.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 4:59 pm

Jono wrote:
I guess this is more important to the families of those who died in the Twin Towers. Does anyone remember where they were when this happened?

I could take you to within six feet of where I first heard the news.

My reaction to the Outrage is still the same.

In the words of Lt. Aldo Raine the leading character in -Inglorious Basterds-:

Ah want mah scalps (I want my scalps).

ruveyn

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 5:05 pm

scorpileo wrote:

It is not time to move on because people of that same mindset are still a threat to America.

-Sigmund Freud

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 5:13 pm

John_Browning wrote:
scorpileo wrote:

It is not time to move on because people of that same mindset are still a threat to America.

The war on terror will never end til one or both paties are destroyed

its a you hit me ill hit you situtation... they are both a threat to each other and indeed the world

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 6:02 pm

News presenter: ...the tragedy was unimaginable... (etc.)

According to my old copy of "The Atlas Of War And Peace" five and a half million people died due to war in the first half of the Nineties; call it roughly one hundred thousand people each month. The world is no more peaceful now than it was then. September 11th continues to happen every day.

The year is still young.

Aoi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 6:41 pm

I was asleep in my home in California (where I lived at the time) until someone I knew on the East Coast called me to wake me up and tell me to "turn on your television now!". I did, and you all know the rest.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 8:13 pm

I was in the Baits dorm preparing for a class on nonlinear optics when I heard the news. I didn't go to any of my classes that day. This event did have some influence on how I chose my Ph.D. topic, though, but I never tell people that in person.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

11 Sep 2009, 8:22 pm

I was pretty young but I remember it well. It happened right around the time I was getting on the bus for school. I heard one of the people who got on the bus after me say something about a plane being crashed into a building but I just figured he was talking about a movie or something. The school didn't tell us anything and some parents came periodically through out the day to pick up their kids. I didn't find out what really happened until I got home that night. I remember the fear people had in the days afterward and the coming together people did. I remember me, my family, and some of my neighbors sitting out on the corner(we lived on a busy street) a day or two after the attacks with candles, flags, and patriotic signs. Cars would honk their horns as they passed. I remember the flag shortage in the days after so the newspapers printed a special colored an American flag on the back and people hung them in their windows where they stayed for months and months. I will never forget.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 8:47 pm

I was getting ready to go to class and I had The Weather Channel on as usual. There was a notable worried and somber tone coming from the the meteorologists and they kept talking about a "situation" in NY, but they wouldn't specify. I wanted to know what they were talking about so I turned the channel to one of news channels and there it was. At the time, only one of the towers hed been hit and no one really knew what was going on. Then I watched in horror as the second tower got hit. I cried, hard. I didn't know whether I should go to class and I remember being scared. I decided to go (my professor had a zero tolerance policy on missing class) and when I got to campus there were several helicoptors flying above. Each time one passed, we all instinctively ducked. This was in Albany, NY, about 2.5 hours north of NYC. We thought we might be next. Looking back, that was a little silly, but at the time we were genuinely scared.

That day was so surreal. I had friends living in NYC that I couldn't contact for almost a whole day. I remember that my husband kicked a little old lady out of his store because she kept complaining about the coffee. Far out of character for him, but he couldn't stand hearing the petty bullsh*t that day. I remember seeing lines that went for blocks around our local Red Cross. Everyone wanted to donate blood. When we got home, we just watched the news into the wee hours.

I'll never forget.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 10:04 pm

scorpileo wrote:
John_Browning wrote:
scorpileo wrote:

The war on terror will never end til one or both paties are destroyed

its a you hit me ill hit you situtation... they are both a threat to each other and indeed the world

If we sat back and did nothing they would have attacked again anyway, and they have tried. It is a war of self-defense.

-Sigmund Freud

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 10:07 pm

John_Browning wrote:
If we sat back and did nothing they would have attacked again anyway, and they have tried. It is a war of self-defense.

click my link in my sig for a rebuttal :wink:
9/11 truth will set you free :wink: