Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2010, 5:04 am

I have a problem understanding why either woman would do the things which they did or in the second case are acused of doing. The first case seems a very odd way to try to commit fraud.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/kfkfaueyaumh/rss2/

While the second case involves a lot of effort which costs a person a lot of time and or money but brings now reward to them. So I ask the question of why. I would warn people that the second case involves some crimes against cats and dogs which are disgusting.

http://www.startribune.com/nation/82267372.html

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2010, 7:03 am

eeeeeeeeeeeeeew.
horrible.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2010, 7:13 am

The first one may be a case of 'Muncahusen's By Proxy'

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2010, 11:00 am

In the second one, it says

Quote:
She could face up to two years in prison if convicted of the top charge, aggravated animal cruelty.

Up to two years?? That's it?? Seriously? Absolutely no more than two years for someone who beat and starved her children, and tortured dozens of animals to death, forcing them to watch? Hanging the dying animals from the child's bed? Is that some kind of sick joke?? No more than two years? The law needs some serious adjustments.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2010, 12:05 pm

I think that the woman who kills about 40 cats / dogs should get 6 months per animal which by my maths works out at 20 years. 2 years is too little.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2010, 7:33 pm

Woodpecker wrote:
I think that the woman who kills about 40 cats / dogs should get 6 months per animal which by my maths works out at 20 years. 2 years is too little.

Plus sentences for everything she did to her children.

I can't imagine that someone like that could ever be rehabilitated or stop causing harm to people and animals. There are people who commit crimes in a flash of anger, or for vengeance, or because they got caught up with bad people, or because it doesn't feel real, and all those things can be somewhat understood and rationalized.. but this isn't anything like that. It's sadistic, personal, chronic, and the victims were completely innocent. She won't learn a lesson and stop causing harm, she'll get out of jail and do it again.