Don't panic Haiti, the Scientologists are coming!

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 12:10 am

phil777 wrote:
Aye =.= Everytime some catastrophe occurs, the religious nuts come crawling out of the woodwork to scavenge on the remains of the poor folks. Sometimes i'd wanna get a Death Note (for those who know...) get the list of members of such organization and terminate them all -.- .

I'd back you on that. Kira banzai! Delete the unworthy, delete delete delete!

(Had to pull a Teru Mikami there, I'm too much of a fanboy not to)

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 12:11 am

Why try to cover-up the slight odor of L. Ron Hubbard with the unscientific stench of the DSM and NMHA?

Tadzio

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 12:13 am

mgran wrote:
It was invented after a dare by Philip K Dick to Hubbard, that Hubbard couldn't invent a religion. Well, that's the story anyway.

Most likely under the influence of alchohol and possibly marijuana.

Still, if I had enough charisma to start a religion around me, I wouldn't waste it on BS like this, I'd be actually trying to fix what is wrong in the world.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

OTBT
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jan 2010, 3:37 am

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
... cant someone just ban scientology from the world already? Oh wait you cant, although it should happen.

I should make an anti-scientology organization of sorts....

Try Googling Why We Protest

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 6:29 am

The article sounds more like it came from the Onion than the Guardian.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 9:52 am

OTBT wrote:
DemonAbyss10 wrote:
... cant someone just ban scientology from the world already? Oh wait you cant, although it should happen.

simply protesting doesnt solve alot of issues. Sometimes a group has to have the balls to rise up and fix it themselves.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 12:29 pm

There was a documentary shown a few years ago that showed them for what they really were. How anyone in their right mind can join this group/cult is beyond me. I guess that is why they target people at disaster areas, to catch them when they are at their most vulnerable. Dispicable.

You can watch the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuJlZ_f1 ... ature=fvwp

The way they stalked, harassed and tried to silence the BBC while they were filming is really disturbing and quite evident.

They give me the jitters.

Ishtara
Raven
Raven

28 Jan 2010, 4:18 pm

I wish I had the link to a news story I read a few days ago. Scientologists aren't the only religious group touting their wares in Haiti. A christian group flew in a plane of creole-speaking battery-powered talking bible machines. Not food, not medicine, but hi-tech bibles.

Clearly, no-one there is into psychology either. Even first-year students cover Maslow's Heirachy of Needs -- basically, until you have food and shelter, you don't give a stuff about religion.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 5:51 pm

Ishtara wrote:
I wish I had the link to a news story I read a few days ago. Scientologists aren't the only religious group touting their wares in Haiti. A christian group flew in a plane of creole-speaking battery-powered talking bible machines. Not food, not medicine, but hi-tech bibles.

Clearly, no-one there is into psychology either. Even first-year students cover Maslow's Heirachy of Needs -- basically, until you have food and shelter, you don't give a stuff about religion.

yeah I know.

and to top it off, I dont feel that religion should even be considered a "Need"

OTBT
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jan 2010, 10:29 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
OTBT wrote:
DemonAbyss10 wrote:

simply protesting doesnt solve alot of issues. Sometimes a group has to have the balls to rise up and fix it themselves.

Do you have any practical suggestions to get rid of scientology? I'm an ex-scientologist, and have been a critic for around a decade. For the last 2 years, Anonymous, with their protests and activism, has made significant progress in dismantling scientology.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 11:08 pm

OTBT wrote:
DemonAbyss10 wrote:
OTBT wrote:
DemonAbyss10 wrote:

Do you have any practical suggestions to get rid of scientology? I'm an ex-scientologist, and have been a critic for around a decade. For the last 2 years, Anonymous, with their protests and activism, has made significant progress in dismantling scientology.

People need to get the victims that have been exploited to finally appeal to the damn government is what. If said government wont do anything? that is when you hope someone has enough guts to mount an attack on their compounds. This is of course just wishful thinking because we all know the masses of ignorance that have been brainwashed by the scientology run hollywood wouldnt do anything like that. It would mean distress for the celebrities they worship.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 3:29 am

During Katrina they were the main Red Cross workers, few others came.

The Mormons went door to door and cut up four downed trees in my yard, told me if I joined I would get a job.

The Christians raised money and kept it, and took disaster supplies by the container load to send to their missions in Haiti, notice how well dressed the survivors were? 45,000 American missionaries in Haiti, every little church of three is raising money to live on the beach with house servants.

We did not even get the 82nd Airborne, those guys are good, we got National Guard, all white of course.

Haiti is getting a better deal, we go the contain and isolate, what the government plans for cities, then occupy and rule. I thought the fixed bayonets were a bit much.

So who else has any plan, the Pope is a no show.

In times like these I turn to Voodoo, Haitians know the evil lord is stronger than the good lord.

Behold his power!

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jan 2010, 5:24 am

I guess it all comes down to - no matter what religion it is, the weak, the emotionally hungry, will have an ear for anything that makes their current situation better. They're depressed and would rather not think about it. Why not just come on in and burrow religion into their heads until they're unable to think for themselves? Whenever there is a disaster, wherever there is death, the buzzards come flyin' in on bibles.

I grew up Christian, but I've studied enough to know that even my own religion is guilty of throat-shoving and brainwashing. I study a lot about cults and fringe groups.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 7:31 am

Aspiewriter wrote:
I guess it all comes down to - no matter what religion it is, the weak, the emotionally hungry, will have an ear for anything that makes their current situation better. They're depressed and would rather not think about it. Why not just come on in and burrow religion into their heads until they're unable to think for themselves? Whenever there is a disaster, wherever there is death, the buzzards come flyin' in on bibles.

I grew up Christian, but I've studied enough to know that even my own religion is guilty of throat-shoving and brainwashing. I study a lot about cults and fringe groups.

you are right, no matter what the damn religion is they will try to spread their stupid beliefs.