Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

sefer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 127

03 Feb 2010, 2:06 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/2 ... 42331.html

Scroll down and it's the second video on the page.



sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,488
Location: Bandon-by-the-Sea, Oregon

03 Feb 2010, 10:02 am

Let's see, 140 of them, 1 of him, no teleprompter (did anyone notice?) and he did a bit of schooling to the Orange One and company, I would say. :D


_________________
Alis volat propriis
State Motto of Oregon


ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 87
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

03 Feb 2010, 12:08 pm

None of this counts. Wait for the real debate in Nov of 2012.

ruveyn



mcg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2010
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 538
Location: Sacramento

03 Feb 2010, 1:45 pm

Apparently listening to your constituency is now called "petty politics".



makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2008
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,805
Location: Banned by Alex

03 Feb 2010, 2:01 pm

Some times, the right thing to do isn't the popular thing to do. Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups.


M.


_________________
My thanks to all the wonderful members here; I will miss the opportunity to continue to learn and work with you.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!


waltur
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2009
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 924
Location: california

03 Feb 2010, 6:52 pm

that was a pretty sweet 1v140. i doubt that's what they were expecting when they invited him to that ambush.



sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,488
Location: Bandon-by-the-Sea, Oregon

04 Feb 2010, 10:11 am

waltur wrote:
that was a pretty sweet 1v140. i doubt that's what they were expecting when they invited him to that ambush.


I think the republicans believed the rumor he couldn't speak without a teleprompter. I can see that he does have to think a bit to actually get out the words he wants to say, though. I also saw his QandA with the democrats and he was just as honestly brutal with them, too.


_________________
Alis volat propriis
State Motto of Oregon


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 114,036
Location: the island of defective toy santas

19 Feb 2010, 10:43 am

he has a concealed toughness, rather like an iron fist in a velvet glove. his main limitation is his reluctance to get his hands dirty in a fight with the repubs, iow he is reluctant to take off the [velvet] gloves and slap somebody silly when they need it.



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 87
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

20 Feb 2010, 8:05 pm

auntblabby wrote:
he has a concealed toughness, rather like an iron fist in a velvet glove. his main limitation is his reluctance to get his hands dirty in a fight with the repubs, iow he is reluctant to take off the [velvet] gloves and slap somebody silly when they need it.


Don't fool yourself. Obama plays by Chicago Rules.

ruveyn



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 114,036
Location: the island of defective toy santas

21 Feb 2010, 3:26 am

ruveyn wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
he has a concealed toughness, rather like an iron fist in a velvet glove. his main limitation is his reluctance to get his hands dirty in a fight with the repubs, iow he is reluctant to take off the [velvet] gloves and slap somebody silly when they need it.


Don't fool yourself. Obama plays by Chicago Rules.

ruveyn


man, i sure hope you are right.