Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sefer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Feb 2010, 6:32 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100225/wl_ ... ss_gaddafi

Quote:
BENGHAZI, Libya (Reuters) – Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi called on Thursday for a "jihad" or armed struggle against Switzerland, saying it was an infidel state that was destroying mosques."

Any Muslim in any part of the world who works with Switzerland is an apostate, is against (the Prophet) Mohammad, God and the Koran," Gaddafi said during a meeting in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi to mark the Prophet's birthday.

uh-oh.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 7:13 pm

The Swiss have a right to decide what kind of buildings they want in their country. Let's hope they do the right thing and don't cave to the threat of violence.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 7:36 pm

Don't worry, Gaddafi is going senile. A few months ago, he hired 90+ models to his home (advertisment in a newspaper) in Italy, only to teach them about the benefits of Islam. His eldest son, Hannibal, also held a big birthday bash in which pop stars like Beyonce participated on stage.

And the Swiss aren't destroying mosques - the issue was regarding a single mosque, whose minaret was dangerously close to the airport runway. Muslims in Europe blow every minor issue out of proportion, to try and prove that they are a persecuted minority.

Llixgrjb
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Feb 2010, 8:58 pm

They usually try to take advantage of the high tolerance and liberal attitudes of European countries first. America is a hard nut to crack, overall.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 9:31 pm

I still have never understood the significance of the minarets other than their structure and call to prayer. Other than that, I've never seen them important enough to cause such a controversy. I mean there's a lot of stuff I'd like to break from our country's constitution but I can't because it's illegal and if I got away with it then that'd mean anything would go. If these muslims are that angry over not having their minarets be put up, why don't they just leave? They should've looked up their constitutional rights before emigrating there.

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 9:36 pm

"So who are we going to kill for the Prophets birthday today?"

Why can't anyone have a jihad against lies or dictatorships? At least that would be useful. But no, those Swiss bastards have always been on our backs, and now they destroyed a few buildings. They must all die!

:?

But they do not have me

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 9:53 pm

yet another reason why the hammer needs to be brought down hard upong religious extremists. grant them no quarter i say, imprison them or something for all time :/

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 10:31 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
yet another reason why the hammer needs to be brought down hard upong religious extremists. grant them no quarter i say, imprison them or something for all time :/

Careful, or the next call for jihad could be on Wrongplanet.

Although if that did happen, I wouldn't go down without a fight. It's nothing against Islam in particular, but I despise religious extremism in general, regardless of faith.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Maddino87
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Feb 2010, 10:53 pm

I receive Swiss voting pamphlets every month (I've dual citizenship b/w Switzerland and USA), and voted no on the decision to remove the minarets. The rest of my family also voted no. I was surprised that they would actually say otherwise.

Laar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Feb 2010, 8:09 am

Maybe I should move to another country, before he also condemns us for that Idiot (<-- my opinion) Wilders. He's a Dutch politician with a strong opinion against the Islam (he tried to ban the Koran, and failed miserably).

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 10:21 am

Roxas_XIII wrote:
DemonAbyss10 wrote:

Careful, or the next call for jihad could be on Wrongplanet.

Although if that did happen, I wouldn't go down without a fight. It's nothing against Islam in particular, but I despise religious extremism in general, regardless of faith.

thats how I am, its not towards a particular faith, just against the religious extremists in general. The main reason more attention goes to the islamic ones is because they are the only ones mentioned in the news all the sheeple watch.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 11:52 am

Laar wrote:
Maybe I should move to another country, before he also condemns us for that Idiot (<-- my opinion) Wilders. He's a Dutch politician with a strong opinion against the Islam (he tried to ban the Koran, and failed miserably).

Have you read the book yourself? If you do, you'll see that the society which Muslims are commanded by the Prophet to create cannot possibly coexist with a liberal democracy. Wilders is a silly git, but he isn't wrong.

The year is still young.

Laar

26 Feb 2010, 3:28 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
Laar wrote:

Have you read the book yourself? If you do, you'll see that the society which Muslims are commanded by the Prophet to create cannot possibly coexist with a liberal democracy. Wilders is a silly git, but he isn't wrong.

The problem is that if we ban the Koran for it's extreme texts, we should also ban the Bible for the same reason (just think of the punishments in them). I haven't read either of these books (though I've heard pieces), but I do believe the persons how said it. It's just how you interpret the text in those books. Wilders says he wants to ban the Koran for having these texts which show how evil the Islam is (yes, he's generalising it to the whole Islam). But in reality it's probably only to get supporters and media attention (and of course his dislike of the Islam).

EDIT:
I know it's old news, but this is an example of how he thinks (it's a different event from what I was talking about):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8McIz0ejukg[/youtube]

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 3:35 pm

I wonder how much christianity has control over Switzerland compared to the U.S.....probably not much. Religion in general plays a much bigger role than we care to acknowledge but it's how much one can get away with by contradicting another law for religion's sake. I think that's the problem we have over including marriage aka civil union.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 10:29 pm

Heh, Switzerland (last i read about it, which was a while ago) is rather conservative, mostly because the stability of the country is necessary for its financial prosperity. -.-

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2010, 3:29 am

Minarets aren't essential for worship. Muhammad himself called people to prayer from the roof of his house. Minarets themselves didn't come into existance until about 80 years after Muhammad's death.