Step in to tackle yobs, says new Home Secretary Theresa May

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2010, 11:34 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/7726640/Step-in-to-tackle-yobs-says-new-Home-Secretary-Theresa-May.html

Quote:
Members of the public should intervene to stop anti-social behaviour on Britain’s streets, the new Home Secretary has said.

Sometimes I cannot believe the naivety of some people. :roll:

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2010, 11:48 am

So instead of 'hug a hoodie', it's now going to be 'batter one'? :lol:

I think people did used to intervene in the affairs of others, but that was in the days before political correctness, widespread litigious culture, and general rampant anomie ruined society.

Maybe they think they can save some money by encouraging have a go heroes and public lynch mobs.

Does she look a bit like Emperor Palpatine, or is that just me?

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2010, 12:09 pm

Moog wrote:
So instead of 'hug a hoodie', it's now going to be 'batter one'? :lol:

I think people did used to intervene in the affairs of others, but that was in the days before political correctness, widespread litigious culture, and general rampant anomie ruined society.

Maybe they think they can save some money by encouraging have a go heroes and public lynch mobs.

Does she look a bit like Emperor Palpatine, or is that just me?

Yeah, her 'jowls' makes her sorta resemble palpatine XD

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Vanilla_Slice
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 6:06 am

Ummmmm, no

DO NOT DO THIS 8O 8O 8O

Knives are a problem on Britain's streets and if you do this to the wrong person you're going to end up with a knife in the gut.

Vanilla_Slice

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 1:00 pm

Vanilla_Slice wrote:
Ummmmm, no

DO NOT DO THIS 8O 8O 8O

Knives are a problem on Britain's streets and if you do this to the wrong person you're going to end up with a knife in the gut.

Vanilla_Slice

Your sacrifice might get the punk put away for life. :wink: You always have to find a positive spin. :lol:

Vanilla_Slice
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 3:22 pm

Hmmm, yeah, the way things in the UK are going there will be a closed circuit TV camera for every member of the population. That way you will all feel really safe. 8) 8)

Vanilla_Slice

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 3:27 pm

Vanilla_Slice wrote:
Hmmm, yeah, the way things in the UK are going there will be a closed circuit TV camera for every member of the population. That way you will all feel really safe. 8) 8)

Vanilla_Slice

Looks like Orwell's vision of the future came true, only 26 years later than he predicted.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 12:31 am

I think we have yobs because young people are ANGRY with good cause.

Fifty years ago young people could look forward to a well paid unionised job in a factory or if they got a degree, to a cushy middle class job.

Now? Now life sucks. We not only have a huge increase in violence among young men but among young women as well.

Then add in the race problem. Fifty years ago everyone in England was English. But now....... ?

Vanilla_Slice
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 3:09 am

"Then add in the race problem. Fifty years ago everyone in England was English. But now....... ?"

Fifty two years ago I was born in England, and I'm one quarter Polish, one quarter Swiss, one quarter irish and one quarter English. What does that make me? If you look carefully you'll find that some of the immigrant population in the UK are better behaved than the British, the Indian sub-continent and Jewish racial groups spring to mind. These people bring with them a mindset of 'study, work hard and then you will succeed', something which the average English kid should think about copying.

Vanilla_Slice

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 10:09 am

Vanilla_Slice wrote:
Ummmmm, no

DO NOT DO THIS 8O 8O 8O

Vanilla_Slice

Yeah or you'll get your head kicked in. :roll: It just goes to show how completely out of touch some of these politicians are with the real world. I doubt that she has a problem with street crime where she lives. Or if she ever needed to call the police it would take them only a few minutes instead of a few hours to come.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 9:46 am

Quote:
Then add in the race problem. Fifty years ago everyone in England was English.

nonense immigratin has been part of this country for a long time prior to the recent moral crisis

codarac
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 3:53 pm

Laz wrote:
Quote:
Then add in the race problem. Fifty years ago everyone in England was English.

nonense immigratin has been part of this country for a long time prior to the recent moral crisis

Laz, that is just establishment propaganda.
After the war Britain was one of the most ethnically and racially homogenous countries in the world.

And what do you mean by "the recent moral crisis"?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 7:09 pm

If Theresa May wasn't a high-profile government minister and had no police protection would she still feel the same way?

Every situation depends on its individual merits.

LAEMapsie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 May 2010, 11:18 am

Also the media especially the tabloids tend to view today's Britain as Broken Britain.

Its just 50-60 years ago, people swept the bad stuff under the rug.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 4:31 am

Actually I am all for public help.

If I see a a number of yobs knocking someone down and kicking him in the head.......

And I can pull out a pistol and shoot them down like dogs, without being charged with murder, then I am all for helping.

But that isn't gonna happen, is it?

In truth if I saw yobs assaulting or raping someone and I jumped out of my car with a baseball bat and laid into them then I would probably do more jail time than they did.

Michael_Stuart
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 8:06 am

Perhaps if Britain would give their citizens the right to bear arms it might actually be a realistic request to ask the public to assist.