Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

irishaspie
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jun 2010, 3:43 am

they want to make sodomy (anal and oral sex) illegal. is it just me or are they going backwards?

Molecular_Biologist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jun 2010, 4:03 am

irishaspie wrote:
they want to make sodomy (anal and oral sex) illegal. is it just me or are they going backwards?

Just ignore the religious nuts.

Texas is perhaps the most dynamic and economically vibrant area of the US.

When many other states and European countries are getting crushed by their governments, Texas has minimal public debt and a very good job situation.

Who is going backwards?

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 4:32 am

Molecular_Biologist wrote:
irishaspie wrote:

Just ignore the religious nuts.

Texas is perhaps the most dynamic and economically vibrant area of the US.

When many other states and European countries are getting crushed by their governments, Texas has minimal public debt and a very good job situation.

Who is going backwards?
ecomonically maybe they're forwards.

but making oral sex illegal is just downright insane.
guaranteed public outrage. & people will just start doing it even more because making something illegal just makes it more fun & exciting :lol:

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 5:05 am

irishaspie wrote:

It is almost totally unenforceable so don't worry about it.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 6:27 am

John_Browning wrote:
irishaspie wrote:

It is almost totally unenforceable so don't worry about it.

i remember back in the 80s down in georgia, the police peeked through a window inside somebody's house and saw a man fellating another man, and they broke in and interrupted the couple, arresting them both and charging them both with [then illegal] sodomy.
so when obnoxious laws are passed making private things criminally public, one can expect more of such invasions of privacy. hostile neighbors can be counted-on to make such trouble when given the ammunition such invasive morals laws provide.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 10:18 am

irishaspie wrote:

Again?

I thought they had this law fixed or maybe I'm thinking about the one where it was against the law to own any sex toys.... :?

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 11:22 am

There is no constitutional way they can do this. The U.S. Supreme Court has already struck down anti-sodomy laws as unconstitutional. If they were to reenact such a law, I can guarantee you people will sue the state over this and the U.S. Supreme Court will strike it down like it did seven years ago.

Not only that, but reenacting anti-sodomy laws would probably result in an economic downturn for Texas, because people from all over the country would boycott Texas and many people already living in Texas would move.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 11:29 pm

Descartes wrote:
There is no constitutional way they can do this. The U.S. Supreme Court has already struck down anti-sodomy laws as unconstitutional. If they were to reenact such a law, I can guarantee you people will sue the state over this and the U.S. Supreme Court will strike it down like it did seven years ago.

Not only that, but reenacting anti-sodomy laws would probably result in an economic downturn for Texas, because people from all over the country would boycott Texas and many people already living in Texas would move.

You mean they're still legal, despite MoFo being practically governor for life?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Fehndrix
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jun 2010, 12:33 am

This is the same state that accidentally banned straight marriage a couple months ago. They do everything backwards.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 1:31 am

Not that many years ago in Australia police would hang around public toilets and arrest sodomites who propositioned them.

Is this fair? Probably not.

But now sodomites have "equal rights" and you can't stop them becoming teachers and scout masters.

Better still, we must give them "quotas" so that so many scout masters must be pedophiles.

After all, we must be "fair" and "balanced", right?

In America you can't even have a book about "Dick, Jane and their parents" unless it also mentions a "family" with two mothers or two fathers.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 9:28 am

Wombat wrote:
Not that many years ago in Australia police would hang around public toilets and arrest sodomites who propositioned them.

Is this fair? Probably not.

I agree, public sex is gross, but that's probably a bad method of stopping it, because gays aren't the only ones who have sex in public.

Wombat wrote:
But now sodomites have "equal rights" and you can't stop them becoming teachers and scout masters.

Better still, we must give them "quotas" so that so many scout masters must be pedophiles.

What's wrong with gays being teachers and scout masters? I don't agree with quotas either, but one's sexual orientation should not be the deciding factor in whether they're hired or not. Also, homosexuality =/= pedophilia.

Wombat wrote:
After all, we must be "fair" and "balanced", right?

In America you can't even have a book about "Dick, Jane and their parents" unless it also mentions a "family" with two mothers or two fathers.

And if you ask me, there's nothing wrong with teaching kids the different kinds of family structures. It's no different than teaching them racial and ethnic diversity.