Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 10:47 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1LDNaJZpHM&feature=related[/youtube]

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 11:45 am

I think anyone who leaves a baby alone with a dog should be to blamed. You never leave a young child alone with an animal, period.

I don't know how that puppy killed the baby and why it attacked it. Sad it had to be put down.

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 10:25 pm

have you never watched a puppy play tug-o-war? they play very rough. of course the puppy did not consciously kill the human baby, it was just playing with something that was left around. it's way to easy for human's to have and keep children. killing the puppy was just wrong. should have killed the parents instead.

n4mwd
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 10:35 pm

I don't see why the cops seem to think it was OK for the mother to leave a child that young alone like that. With it without a dog, it seems a bit irresponsible. A baby that young was probably mistaken by the dog as a plaything or a chew toy. Sadly, this is not the first time I have heard of this happening.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2010, 5:59 am

This is stupid. The dog is not to blame. The parents and Grandfather are. They left the baby alone in a swing. Those swings rock back and forth, and are not a babysitter or a substitute for proper care. They also make a small noise. To a young puppy, he probably had been watching the swing, and decided it was a chew toy. He was a puppy. Puppies like to play. He probably was aggravated by the swing too. it might have hit him if he got too close. Maybe that is what happened. He shouldn't have been put down. The parents should be ashamed, and I'm surprised they aren't facing charges, along with Grandfather Leaveshiminswing and Grandma ontheothersideofhouse.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2010, 6:10 pm

They killed the dog? as*holes!

This is evidence that some people do not deserve to be parents.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2010, 6:59 pm

Why do they kill animals who kill people but don't kill people who kill animals?

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2010, 7:25 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

It was probably the police who had the pup put down.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2010, 10:17 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:

It was probably the police who had the pup put down.

Standard procedure; any dog that has killed will be put down. But I do feel really sad for the puppy, as well, obviously, as the child, because if anyone had actually been supervising the child, they probably could have prevented the whole situation. I can't believe at least two people were in the home when this happened. All I can think is, IDIOTS.

Mainichi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Aug 2010, 10:26 pm

So, sad that the puppy got killed. There are to many, irresponsible parents around the world.
Too many children die ever year, because of irresponsibility and stupid parenting.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2010, 12:38 am

n4mwd wrote:
I don't see why the cops seem to think it was OK for the mother to leave a child that young alone like that. With it without a dog, it seems a bit irresponsible. A baby that young was probably mistaken by the dog as a plaything or a chew toy. Sadly, this is not the first time I have heard of this happening.

I agree with this. The puppy interacted with the baby like he would interact with another puppy.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2010, 8:08 am

They should have put the parents down, not the puppy!

I'm exaggerating of course, but I still don't think they should have killed the puppy :( (we don't even kill people who kill people anymore, not in my country anyway, why can't we show similar compassion to a puppy who made a mistake? And it was obviously a mistake, puppies don't do things like that maliciously, they just play roughly and don't understand what they're doing). It's 100% the parents' fault, how irresponsible. Some people shouldn't be parents, these particular morons should never again be allowed to look after anything more sentient than a cactus.

y es como un semestre"

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2010, 9:34 am

And we don't put young kids down nor sentance them when they kill. But yet we do that to puppies.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2010, 4:07 pm

You don't leave a baby alone, with a dog.

Stonecold
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2010, 4:09 pm

I agree completely. ANY puppy would do that! To dogs, anything that doesn't interact with them is either prey or (when domesticated) chew toys. It's the parents fault. If a child falls off the couch and dies, does that mean that the couch should be burned because it's a "danger to society"?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2010, 7:07 pm

I can remember mom telling me dogs don't know babies are baby humans. I think it's because babies look different.

My parents had a dog when I was baby and they never ever left me alone with her. Instead she just sniffed me because she didn't know what I was. Mom didn't want her near me so when she lick me, it was a big deal because she didn't know what she do to me and she was an adult, not a puppy.