schizophrenic girl's body found near my house :O

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 12:10 am

or, like a 5 minute walk from my house anyways. In a small ravine with a creek at the bottom. They haven't yet determined if she fell or was pushed, but they're treating it like a homicide just in case. Apparently she'd walked off one day a few months ago without even taking her purse of anything, and hadn't taken her meds. Soon after declared missing when she didn't come back to her house. I'd seen missing person posters for her around the community college i was attending in the spring, but never thought something like this would come up 8O .

The creepy thing is that i was walking a trail along the edge of that same ravine about a month or so ago, and so i prolly walked right past her or pretty close and didn't even know it.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 12:16 am

Holy s**t. 8O

Sounds like something out of one of my textbooks...only a lot worse.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 3:04 am

Wow that's incredibly sad :(

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 3:12 am

yeah, it's terrible.
i think she was only 18 or 19 too :? ...

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 4:37 am

That is very sad.
It is an awful disorder we have a friend with a Schizophrenic son the boy, now a young man is tall, handsome, intelligent..and hides in his room from the clocks that read his mind (etc etc).
The Mums life is ruined because of it, but she won't leave her son (they live together), and neither would I in the same situation. :(

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 5:22 am

Schizophrenia is a horrible disease and still one where the stigma is very hard to overcome, because sometimes the danger to others is real.My nephew is paranoid schizophrenic.His story is a long and painful one I won't go into but I remember what a sweet shy little boy he was and how he was bullied. I have known two people with simple schizophrenia. One tried for years to maintain with the help of friends but finally lost his business and his home due to financial stress because of his hospitalizations and shot himself. The other is a painter and has a lot of friends who make sure he's OK.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 6:46 am

If anyone mentions it to you, be sure you act appropriately upset, so they don't take the Aspergian lack of visible emotional response to mean you had something to do with it. 8O

I hear that so often on true crime stories on television it makes me paranoid. Some thickheaded cop saying "Well, I was immediately suspicious of so-and-so because they didn't show the emotional response you would expect someone to display under those circumstances." Well, duh - there's a whole class of people who don't do that and they aren't automatically guilty of anything.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 7:04 am

oh thats so sad, how is her family i wonder.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 10:55 am

Wow... incredibly sad and shocking

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 11:03 am

Willard wrote:
I hear that so often on true crime stories on television it makes me paranoid. Some thickheaded cop saying "Well, I was immediately suspicious of so-and-so because they didn't show the emotional response you would expect someone to display under those circumstances."

Yeah, I cringe when I hear those lines, too. I was watching one the other night and the police were suspicious of the wife because she was immediately upset, but then pulled herself together and calmly answered their questions. I'm thinking, "Well, of course she pulled it together. She couldn't very well deal with you lot of she didn't, could she?" That's what I always thought people were supposed to do -- deal with the situation first, then manage the emotional response later in private. That's how I was raised.

Seanmw: I'm very sorry to hear about the young woman's death.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 12:22 pm

pschristmas wrote:
Willard wrote:
I hear that so often on true crime stories on television it makes me paranoid. Some thickheaded cop saying "Well, I was immediately suspicious of so-and-so because they didn't show the emotional response you would expect someone to display under those circumstances."

Yeah, I cringe when I hear those lines, too. I was watching one the other night and the police were suspicious of the wife because she was immediately upset, but then pulled herself together and calmly answered their questions. I'm thinking, "Well, of course she pulled it together. She couldn't very well deal with you lot of she didn't, could she?" That's what I always thought people were supposed to do -- deal with the situation first, then manage the emotional response later in private. That's how I was raised.

Seanmw: I'm very sorry to hear about the young woman's death.

Ditto. One of the things I learned in Crim J is that most police officers aren't trained as well as they could be in terms of knowing the wide variety of possible psychological responses, etc. Their thinking can be very black-and-white in the field because, for the most part, that serves them well (they learn how not to get shot and killed out there).

The only way they learn otherwise is through experience.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 2:58 pm

Leekduck wrote:
http://www.king5.com/home/Remains-found-believed-to-be-those-of-missing-Bremerton-woman-99726304.html : Is it this?

yeah, that's her. I live right by that park 8O

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 2:40 am

another article about it.
though this one is from earlier, before they found her, and just has more details on the disappearance itself.
Also apparently there was a $25,000 reward posted up for info 8O

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington/25- ... 84924.html

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 7:20 am

her spirit is now whole and is in a place where she'll be loved and cared for now.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 8:45 am

Wow freaky... :hmph:

We had a girl a couple of years ago who was killed by a train not too far from us. She was also schizophrenic. I remember her and her dog. She use to always walk on the tracks mumbling. I didn't think she was schizophrenic at the time just eccentric.