omg I kind of laughed at this article...

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 1:13 pm

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/cbc- ... d=25419026
I'm not laughing at the fact that people got killed in an attack but...

Quote:
the killing of four Israelis in the West Bank.

Quote:
Netanyahu thanked Obama for his support in the face of such "savagery and brutality," from those who "trample human rights into the dust,' and "butcher everything they oppose."

Mr. Netanyahu, do you really want to start talking about the trampling of human rights in the West Bank?

Quote:
Obama said Abbas, whom he is to meet later Wednesday, also condemned the "hateful attack."

Ok, but Abbas also condemns Israeli violence.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 5:29 pm

You're not the only one. I was laughing at it, as well. :lol:

Kenani
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Sep 2010, 5:34 pm

One could also say that the Hamas, who are always talking about how Israel is brutal to them and trampling their rights, are killing innocent civilians... How is murdering a pregnant woman not savage and brutal?

I'm not one to defend Bibi, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 6:30 pm

Kenani wrote:
One could also say that the Hamas, who are always talking about how Israel is brutal to them and trampling their rights, are killing innocent civilians... How is murdering a pregnant woman not savage and brutal?

I'm not one to defend Bibi, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

What I don't understand about the peace talks that are about to happen is the fact that Obama says "Israel is commited to peace" (as opposed to Hamas) yet they have never stopped settlement building in the West Bank. Although Hamas doesn't want to join the peace talks, its not like the US and Israel would let them even if they wanted to. However, Netanyahu said "no pre-conditions" so technically, if Hamas wanted to join the peace talks it should be allowed to according to what Bibi said. My point is that if Israel is allowed to start peace talks with all the settlement building and Bibi's quote "Jerusalem is OURS!!" why does the US let Israel join but not Hamas?

Anyway, IMO, the peace talks will not work. Just the issue with Jerusalem makes it a dead end.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2010, 8:04 am

Unsettled topic

When the Israeli settlers have to leave the West Bank, the housing will remain for the Palestinians. :P

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Celoneth
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2010, 8:46 am

Everyone knows that anyone who condemns Israel's policy is a terrorist loving anti-Semite /sarcasm.
With Netanyahu and the current government over there, there's no way any sort of peace talks will be successful - they don't want peace or to resolve the conflict and they can continue to play the "support Israel" card over here - even though their policies hurt Israel more in the long run than Hamas ever can.

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2010, 10:12 am

i really cannot see any humor in this. if you've walked through parts of the middle east, your perspective changes.
the peace talks are just silly. you can feel the hatred everywhere. even someone as clueless about human interaction as i am can 'feel' it.

i say let them fight it out. the fact that supporters of israel have purchased so many american politicians has been a curse for the usa. our support of israel is why we were attacked 9-11. any other statement by politicians and the despicable news media are just nonsense. go there. you'll find out very quickly.

anti-jewish? don't make me laugh. i have complete contempt for every religion on this planet. smug arrogant elite how many words can i come up with. look at glenn beck. i can't wait for gb to claim he's a messiah. scariest guy on the planet. would tie me to a stake and burn me (along with many others) for not 'believing'.

out of the way, i say. let these clowns nuke each other out of existence.