Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 6:33 pm

As a Brit, I can say: ONLY IN AMERICA!!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 6:33 pm

Yup, it's like inserting one set of brainwashing with another to gain control of the situation. Good point, Ci. I wonder if the Tea Party will find a way to pin it on the far left, claiming it's an attempt to derail them? I am just waiting for the accusations to start flying!

ci
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 6:49 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Yup, it's like inserting one set of brainwashing with another to gain control of the situation. Good point, Ci. I wonder if the Tea Party will find a way to pin it on the far left, claiming it's an attempt to derail them? I am just waiting for the accusations to start flying!

Brainwashing is an over used terminology but in the hypo sense the comparative notion can neutralize the non-sense none the less. Bottom line is brainwashing happens in extreme circumstances in which free will is removed. Like removing food and human necessities and then inserting propaganda to be believed less they not receive necessities. Ultimately the brain is not easily accessed so to be cleaned and may not be compatible with dish soap.

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:32 pm

just read a report that the fbi found a demonic shrine in the backyard of the shooter's parents. local police said they would not make any comments on home search.....so, who knows.

if real, this is going to take this really sad situation on a new tangent.

in the late 60's spent a couple of months at a hippie commune. wonder if it's still there?

not saying he was a satanist, just that it was a news report i read......oops, just heard it on msnbc too.

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:34 pm

Are you saying that the shooter spent time at a hippie commune in the 60's?

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:53 pm

sorry craig 28, one of my difficulties with a.s. is thinking everyone follows the same logical tract that i do. ha ha ha, now that's funny, huh?

in the late 60's ' i ' spent a couple of months................

my sorry attempt at humor. as in should i go back to the commune.

the shooter would've been, what, -40 years old at the time.

i'll go away now......

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:55 pm

Thats okay mate, I was just wondering how a 22 year old could be at a commune in the 60's! :lol:

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:55 pm

Craig28 wrote:

And as an American I put up with this happening every once and a great while because of how much guns benefit our society for sporting and self defense purposes.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I wonder if the Tea Party will find a way to pin it on the far left, claiming it's an attempt to derail them? I am just waiting for the accusations to start flying!

Actually, it's the far left that is trying to pin this on the tea party, and the far right is pointing out that the guy is just plain completely out of his mind.

danandlouie wrote:
just read a report that the fbi found a demonic shrine in the backyard of the shooter's parents. local police said they would not make any comments on home search.....so, who knows.

The only news sources saying that sound questionable. There is a good chance that this is just more irresponsible reporting to serve a personal agenda.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

ci
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 9:03 pm

Hippie is a joke. When I go around town with my support worker I have the following system to describe people.

1. Hippie
2. Redneck
3. Yuppie
4. Mixed Variations - After all America is a melting pot.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 11:50 pm

For one thing the guy, Jared Lee Laughner, does not look like a hippie. He looks like a stoner metal dude. He, apparently, went to the latest Mayhem Fest. So why would people think he's a hippy?
If he did visit Sarah Palin's website on a nightly basis we may never know because the media won't release that information. Palin would throw a fit if that info was released but it might come out in the trial unless it's ordered sealed by the judge. We'll have to wait and see. Another thing that stands out, the media's non stop footage of 56 year old Clay Duke shooting rampage at a Panama City school board meeting where he ended up committing suicide airing around December 15th of last year. Did Jared Lee Laughner watch it? It seems like a similar situation. Maybe it gave him the impetus to carry out a similar crime of his own? The media's non stop airing of the violent video was a bit much, imo.
I would believe he's a Tea Party member before I would a left wing liberal. Besides, many high schoolers lean toward the left and that's when his friends said he did, but, he could have changed as he matured.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:01 am

Craig28 wrote:

Yeah, that's true - in Britain, really bad political arguments lead to bombs, not shootings...

ci
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:06 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
For one thing the guy, Jared Lee Laughner, does not look like a hippie. He looks like a stoner metal dude. He, apparently, went to the latest Mayhem Fest. So why would people think he's a hippy?
If he did visit Sarah Palin's website on a nightly basis we may never know because the media won't release that information. Palin would throw a fit if that info was released but it might come out in the trial unless it's ordered sealed by the judge. We'll have to wait and see. Another thing that stands out, the media's non stop footage of 56 year old Clay Duke shooting rampage at a Panama City school board meeting where he ended up committing suicide airing around December 15th of last year. Did Jared Lee Laughner watch it? It seems like a similar situation. Maybe it gave him the impetus to carry out a similar crime of his own? The media's non stop airing of the violent video was a bit much, imo.
I would believe he's a Tea Party member before I would a left wing liberal. Besides, many high schoolers lean toward the left and that's when his friends said he did, but, he could have changed as he matured.

From looking at his picture as psychics read pictures as well to read psychic spiritual impressions I'd say he is 40% hippie and 60% redneck.

I do not know much about the tea party but I can say the autism and developmental disability work candles I create and other make as well sold out of tea party, redneck and hippie fragrance candles. Yet the tea party sells the most. Republican fragrances don't sell that often but the Democrat a little better. I did make a Reagan candle, Obama and Hillery. Reagan smells like old fart after shave mixed in with fine wine and grapes.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:10 am

I went to school with stoners and one of them looked like that, with same hair and everything. Besides, there's the Mayhem Fest and that's heavy metal.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:22 am

I think there is going to be a backlash against the left for politicizing this tragedy.

http://nation.foxnews.com/arizona-shoot ... itation-it

Also, looks like Glenn Beck is behaving significantly more rationally than his critics.

http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/2011/ ... ck-stop-it

ci
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:23 am

I do not think any side is innocent as the further politicization is simply political in of itself.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:26 am

There will be backlash against the right. This guy is in the middle of tea party country in one of the most Republican states in existence. What else would he be?
The media shouldn't talk about vitriolic speech considering the Clay Duke video they kept showing over and over ad nauseam. It's incredibly ironic, CNN criticizing a few Glenn Becks and Shaun Hannities considering the bad taste in airing the video of the Panama City School Board shooting. If anyone contributed to this, it was CNN with that video.