Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 5:34 am

http://www.freep.com/article/20110119/N ... uched-many

A great man that touched so many lives. Rest in peace. We will carry on your legacy and the torch for the generations to come.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 1:18 am

he left some awfully big shoes to fill. who is there to fill them?

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 8:37 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Those shoes are already filled by his son Tim Shriver as Special Olympics Inc. CEO and Chairman since 1996. We just had a tribute for Sargent in the office today. Maria Shriver was there as well.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 8:39 pm

JerryHatake wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Those shoes are already filled by his son Tim Shriver as Special Olympics Inc. CEO and Chairman since 1996. We just had a tribute for Sargent in the office today. Maria Shriver was there as well.

wow, you are in a high place, it sounds like.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 8:44 pm

auntblabby wrote:
JerryHatake wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

wow, you are in a high place, it sounds like.

Actually I work for Special Olympics North America in Special Olympics Project UNIFY®. We're based in D.C. along with SOI.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 8:48 pm

JerryHatake] wrote:
Actually I work for Special Olympics North America in Special Olympics Project UNIFY®. We're based in D.C. along with SOI.

i could count the number of times i've corresponded with any upper-social-class people on the digits of one hand with several left over. i just wonder what life is like up there.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 6:57 am

auntblabby wrote:
JerryHatake] wrote:

i could count the number of times i've corresponded with any upper-social-class people on the digits of one hand with several left over. i just wonder what life is like up there.

Ok... Well I don't see the Shriver family as an upper social class family. I see them as people like me. I'm not part of the upper social class. I'm in the middle social class like the majority of the people employed by SOI and SONA in D.C.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 12:22 pm

He made a lot of people happy and he did a lot of good things for good people. He will be greatly missed. :cry:

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 5:35 am

http://live.cnn.com/

Live video feed of his funeral starting 10am Eastern. Also on CSPAN and NBC in Washington D.C.