Anyone else going to watch the royal wedding?

Page 5 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

DeVoTeE
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Apr 2011, 3:40 pm

I wish I could but I live out in the west coast where I'm usually asleep at that time.

Nier
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Apr 2011, 6:04 am

No to watching, but the sole interesting feature for me so far has been this :

WOOT :lol:

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2011, 11:25 am

That's cool but my Battenburg cake is going to be better. I'm aiming for this:

I''ve stuck it all together, just need to marzipan it. If it isn't too hideous once finished I'll post a picture for you all to admire.

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2011, 1:37 pm

I so disappointed. :( My cake looks rubbish. :(

Nier
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Apr 2011, 2:04 pm

MotherKnowsBest wrote:
I so disappointed. :( My cake looks rubbish. :(

Call it a work of postmodernist art and stick it in the Tate Gallery :D

It isn't rubbish, better than I could do which would look like it was baked by a dalek!

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2011, 2:25 pm

I might turn it on, look for a minute or two .. then turn it off.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2011, 3:49 am

I live in London and I am on benefits. So while the taxpayers have enough money for this wedding, they then cut housing benefit and say they may cut some disability living allowance benefits too! And then NHS is falling apart......absence of logic here.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2011, 7:41 am

$35 million for the whole thing.

I just saw the tail end of the exchanging of vows.

One of my Facebook buddies commented that he hoped that the wedding would mean better-looking heirs. Prince Charles has classic redneck teeth.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ksuther09
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Apr 2011, 1:15 pm

I didn't, but that's because I'm not into celebrity stuff. Glad that I'm finally in a place where a lot of people don't get the hype!! ! :D I asked my NT friend why the wedding was such a giant deal, and she really didn't know even though she slept through her alarm that was supposed to go off to watch it. My mom watched it though.

But I do hope they do well and all the WP members in England / Great Britain enjoy the day off / celebrations!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2011, 1:15 pm

On their wedding night the duke offered the duchess his honor. She honored his offer. Honor, offer, honor, offer all night long and so it went.

ruveyn

ChekaMan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Apr 2011, 3:36 pm

I saw some of it on TV. I am happy for the couple; but they should have had to finance the wedding with their own money like everyone else in the country.

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2011, 4:24 pm

I don't care in the slightest about the royal family, despite living on a commonwealth nation.

Nier
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Apr 2011, 4:36 pm

ksuther09 wrote:
But I do hope they do well and all the WP members in England / Great Britain enjoy the day off / celebrations!

Thanks, I know I enjoyed the time off.
Did end up watching some of it too, realised it would bug me to watch it in the news rather than the bits I found interesting - like the live trees inside Westminster Abbey. Quite Tolkienesque really. Also those horsemen did a sitting trot all the way down the Mall. Sitting trot is bl**dy uncomfortable, not so good for the crown jewels apparantly! :lol:

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

29 Apr 2011, 11:01 pm

Here in Georgia...a bunch of women got together who were in the British wives club celebrated the day. I did not even know this group existed untill they were mentioned in the paper.

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 2:47 am

ChekaMan wrote:
I saw some of it on TV. I am happy for the couple; but they should have had to finance the wedding with their own money like everyone else in the country.

They did. The wedding was paid for out of their private incomes. The taxpayer only paid for the security.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 5:01 am

I'm usually cynical about weddings.especially the unnecessary amount of money spent on them,but I must admit I found this one a heartwarming experience.Apart from all the ceremony and grandeur,there were many human touches as well.When Kate came on the balcony you could see she went 'Wow !' at the size of the crowd.One of the little bridesmaids was getting a bit grumpy as she couldn't see over the top,Camilla noticed this and got Charles to lift her up.
From what I've seen so far,if you're going to have a Prince & Princess,William and Kate are about as close to the ideal as you'll get.
I hope all goes well for them.

p.s. in a clever bit of programme planning,the BBC put on 'Shrek' as it's main afternoon film.Another fairytale happy couple :)