Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 1:33 pm

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/16/fox-c ... st-wanted/

And I do agree what redvector said (the comment's on the 2nd page), it would make a good fit for TruTV or Investigation Discovery.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 5:13 pm

Eh.

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 5:56 pm

Nah, the idea is pretty much played out.
There's no shock value left in identifying the
most notorious criminals of the week in the US of A anymore.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

18 May 2011, 11:06 pm

[email protected] I have to resort to my common sense...or lack there of in deciding who I should not date. :wink:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 5:23 am

Douglas_MacNeill wrote:
Nah, the idea is pretty much played out.
There's no shock value left in identifying the
most notorious criminals of the week in the US of A anymore.

Osama bin Laden was the biggie and now he is dead.

ruveyn

Musicprophets
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 May 2011, 6:10 pm

i think its a dumb idea...if "cops" is still on which is basically the primitive version of junk reality tv, not having amw on is a disservice to the public. sure not a lot of people watched it, but for myself, for a time, i was an avid watcher and it may not seem like it is real life for some but when its you a victim of crime and you then find yourself believe its mandatory to have such a show on tv for the public's safety, well there wont be an answer for you. of course, the internet is a great free equalizer in being informed as well as the local media, but just like the show "unsolved mysteries" had its place and really if not for the ghost stories, etc, it was a good tool in the fight against crime. i think fox is making a huge mistake, and plus with people getting out of their cable tv due to the high cost, having amw on a cable channel really wont serve a larger audience, it will just make the revenue larger but a more fragmented, smaller cable audience. i can almost guarantee after a few years without such a show available to the public, that there will be a demand for a new show to take its place. revenue is one thing, of course, perhaps the only thing television companies worry about, and its just sad that now revenue trumps the idea of public service even for something as seemingly meaningless as crime. a big f*****g mistake, fox, a big f*****g mistake.

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 8:27 pm

Aww, that was one of the shows I watched as a child before we got cable. That and "Cops." I always have found "America's Most Wanted" fascinating. Not sure why really :?.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 9:59 pm

That was one of the best shows on TV.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

22 May 2011, 11:09 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
That was one of the best shows on TV.

They are still going to keep in on air, but they will have it on another channel like court tv or Investigation Discovery. Hopefully they will have it on court tv...cause I think ID is just available to satilite subscribers.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 9:52 am

Id also if you have comcast.