Anybody watching the Casey Anthony trial?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Is Casey Anthony guilty or innocent?
Guilty 100%  100%  [ 10 ]
Innocent 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It was an accident 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10

Samara1991
Raven
Raven

31 May 2011, 7:27 pm

I followed this case since little caylee went missing. I was wondering if anyone one else followed it and if anybody has an opinion on it.

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 7:28 am

I've been watching it too for a while now. Like my Aunt Idza says, "Hell won't take that woman because the Devil's afraid she'll take over."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 10:18 pm

That evil b***h is a classic sociopath, and she only thought of her little girl as burden. You need to get a license to drive or own a gun, but any idiot can be a parent.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 10:37 pm

Being in Orlando you can say I've been following it regardless if I want to or not. Its in everyone's mouth nowadays. Also have to keep track of it since we are following the forensic evidence portion in my Forensic Anthropology class.

Its a very disturbing case.

The timeline seems to be that (as far we've discussed in my forensics class) :

- The child died. So far it does not look like drowning since the prosecution has not presented forensic evidence of it (usually diatom count in bone marrow or discoloration of the bones near the inner ear area..when people drown the eardrum tends to rupture from internal pressure changes and it stains the mastoid bone as a result).

- Her body was apparently hidden in the playhouse at first for day or two. At that stage early decomposition start (body bloats, internal organs start to liquify).

- The body was then moved to the trunk of the vehicle and it SEEMS the blanket was put on her then.

- Body was left in the trunk for almost a week. Not wrapped in bags mind you, we know this since in florida due to the heat and humidity the body is fully skeletonized in about 10 days... and its only IF the body was left for this long outside of any plastic bags that it could have left an body fluid-impression of her body in a fetal position.

- Body that was by then almost completely decomposed and partly skeletonized was then (somehow) tossed into the laundry and plastic bags and then thrown in the wilderness where it remained for several months being scavenged by animals and insects.

Its horrible to think this little girl died... but thinking whoever did this drove around with her body in the car, perhaps fully aware it was there is just unnerving.

Did she kill her child? was it an accident and she flipped out? I dont know. Either way the woman IS guilty of many other crimes because of her lies and neglect of her child's condition. She's certainly going to prison theres no doubt about it... so I think the defense is trying what it can to avoid the death sentence.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

04 Jun 2011, 9:59 am

Dantac wrote:
Being in Orlando you can say I've been following it regardless if I want to or not. Its in everyone's mouth nowadays. Also have to keep track of it since we are following the forensic evidence portion in my Forensic Anthropology class.

Its a very disturbing case.

The timeline seems to be that (as far we've discussed in my forensics class) :

- The child died. So far it does not look like drowning since the prosecution has not presented forensic evidence of it (usually diatom count in bone marrow or discoloration of the bones near the inner ear area..when people drown the eardrum tends to rupture from internal pressure changes and it stains the mastoid bone as a result).

- Her body was apparently hidden in the playhouse at first for day or two. At that stage early decomposition start (body bloats, internal organs start to liquify).

- The body was then moved to the trunk of the vehicle and it SEEMS the blanket was put on her then.

- Body was left in the trunk for almost a week. Not wrapped in bags mind you, we know this since in florida due to the heat and humidity the body is fully skeletonized in about 10 days... and its only IF the body was left for this long outside of any plastic bags that it could have left an body fluid-impression of her body in a fetal position.

- Body that was by then almost completely decomposed and partly skeletonized was then (somehow) tossed into the laundry and plastic bags and then thrown in the wilderness where it remained for several months being scavenged by animals and insects.

Its horrible to think this little girl died... but thinking whoever did this drove around with her body in the car, perhaps fully aware it was there is just unnerving.

Did she kill her child? was it an accident and she flipped out? I dont know. Either way the woman IS guilty of many other crimes because of her lies and neglect of her child's condition. She's certainly going to prison theres no doubt about it... so I think the defense is trying what it can to avoid the death sentence.

Well a few things are pointing to guilt here
most mothers whose child dies from accident or some other way in which the mother is innocent, she would cry out for support, help, and want to bury her child as soon as possible to respect her child, not drive her dead child's body around untill it is just nothing but bones.
Now mental illness may have to be rulled out which would make her respond to her child's death in such a manner, but the secrecy in which she held her child's body is questionable.
I dont know if she made a big flap about her daughter going missing before they realized that the mother kept the body during this time.
If this is so, it would indicate more so of a cover up rather than a mental illness which caused her not to reach out to others for support