Unprovoked Attack on 3 year Old Autistic Boy

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2011, 3:16 am

A THREE-year-old boy with autism spent two days in hospital after he was thrown from the edge of a skate park, in Perth Australia - falling 3m to the concrete below.

“His older brother turned his back to him to get a drink and it was at this time that the offender approached the victim from the left-hand side and picked him up by the upper arm," he said.

“His attacker dragged him along the ground to the edge of the skate-bowl before throwing him up in the air about 1.5m, resulting in a 3m fall onto concrete. “He has landed on his chin, sustaining severe facial injuries.”

Midland detectives have charged a 16-year-old boy with assault occasioning bodily harm over the incident.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western ... 6072920350

Dark_Lord_2008
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jun 2011, 3:25 am

Attempted murder and unprovoked attack on autistic child. The offender needs to spend a long term in prison for the cowardly attack on a defenceless 3 year old child.
Freedom, liberty and justice for Autistics.

How dare they discriminate and attack innocent children with Autism?

Last edited by Dark_Lord_2008 on 10 Jun 2011, 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2011, 3:30 am

That's absolutely horrible. That little boy could have easily died. Anyone who would do such a thing to a 3 year old has serious problems!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2011, 3:39 am

You know I'm a little lost for words, I can't believe such cruelty can happen in a place like Australia.

I'll be writing to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) in Western Australia to let them know that I will support the 16 yr old's charges being upgraded to attempted murder.

We need to send a message to other teenagers that you can't treat autistic children like rag dolls.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2011, 4:09 am

cyberdad wrote:
You know I'm a little lost for words, I can't believe such cruelty can happen in a place like Australia.

I'll be writing to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) in Western Australia to let them know that I will support the 16 yr old's charges being upgraded to attempted murder.

We need to send a message to other teenagers that you can't treat autistic children like rag dolls.

It's not a matter of whether the child was autistic or not. It would have been just as horrible if he wasn't. You also need to keep in mind that this 16 year old boy is still a child himself, and obviously a very disturbed one who needs help.

Dark_Lord_2008
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jun 2011, 4:20 am

Attempted murder, kidnapping and deprivation of liberty. A long list of charges could be put together.

Throw the law book at the criminal who cold calculated attacked a small child when the opportunity was presented. Opportunistic criminal attacks child with Autism.

In America this case would also be seen as a hate crime a violent unprovoked attack targeting a minority group - an intellectually disabled child with Autism.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2011, 5:48 am

I think I'm with Dark Lord on this one.

The 16 year old is old enough to know that if you throw a 3 year old 1.5 metres in the air onto concrete then his intention was to kill (I have no doubt).

His only saving grace is if he (the attacker) has a mental illness.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2011, 6:25 am

What that teenager did was stupid. That little boy is going to be afraid of teenagers for the rest of his life.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2011, 10:23 am

cyberdad wrote:
IHis only saving grace is if he (the attacker) has a mental illness.

He needs to be put away until he is sane then put into big boy prison never to see the light of day again. If it was my kid he hurt I would simply drag the little bastard to the nearest toilet and drown his child abusing ass. You just no the court system will just slap the kid on the wrist and let him go. You don't get into as much trouble for hurting an autistic as you do a NT. :x

Last edited by Todesking on 10 Jun 2011, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

ElfMusic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Jun 2011, 10:25 am

In the articles I found online, including the one linked by the OP, they refer to the attacker as having an "intellectual disability", but don't mention the 3-year old as having autism. Perhaps you know this from sources that aren't online, or that I haven't found yet?

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2011, 10:41 am

Wasn't much to the article in the link...seemed rather vague as far as details. I'd say that the teenager has some serious mental issues to intentionally cause harm to such a young child. He had to have some idea of what throwing the boy would do to his young body. Very sad, all around for both families. I saw nothing in the short article about the little boy being autistic or not. However, it doesn't really matter if this 3 year old boy is on the spectrum or not, this teen intended to cause him bodily harm & did. I just hope the little boy will be ok with no lasting psychological effects. As it is, he's likely to keep his physical scars for life.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2011, 11:33 am

There is not enough information to make a determination about what happened or proper consequences. The article states the teenager has "intellectual disabilities". We don't know what that means exactly. It could be anything from a learning disability to fetal alcohol syndrome to severe mental retardation. I am sure no one here would propose charging a severely ret*d teenager with attempted murder. In any case, he needs psychiatric assessment and they can decide how to proceed based on the results of that.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2011, 2:36 pm

Maybe this 16 YO kid just doesn't care?

Or maybe this kid was so gullible enough that someone
older than him {a parent, perhaps?} told this kid to try and
cause physical harm to an autistic 3 YO.

I hope the 16 YO spends a long time in a mental hospital
that is in the middle of nowhere.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 12:10 am

For all we know this 16 year old could have been put up to it by someone else, depending on the intellectual disability he actually may not have realized the 3 year old would by seriously hurt, while the real twisted individual is walking away laughing inside.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 6:10 am

Sorry the link I provided was post-edited and shortened by the publisher following my posting (very strange?)

The boy is still referred to as autistic here
http://m.news.com.au/WA/pg/0/fi751508.htm

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 7:49 am

I think there's been a bit of confusion here. It's not the TEENAGER who has the 'intellectual disability' but the 3 year old, although judging by the way the teenager acted, it wouldn't surprise me if he was. It shouldn't matter whether the child had autism, LD or anything else for that matter, he is a 3 year old child at the end of the day. Abusing ANY 3 year old child is wrong.