Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2011, 5:59 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/south-sudan-becom ... 54919.html

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

08 Jul 2011, 10:10 pm

South Sadan needs to build its own oil pipelines and refineries if they want to be truly free of Sudan, neverless this is a great momement in world history.
I been following the genicide in Sudan, and it has been very heart breaking that the world seemed to be so slow to react...of course no slower than the war between crips and bloods in california that has been going on for decades many thousand lives lost, but the US and the UN do nothing to create peace, just turn a blind eye to it.

Neverless, I hope that South Sudan can rise above being born into war and create the kind of country that will give rise to hope as well.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 1:14 am

Yet Darfur remains part of North Sudan.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 2:08 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Yet Darfur remains part of North Sudan.

Well, it's time for South Sudan to build an army, and remedy that situation.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 1:56 am

South Sudan's independence was supported not only by the Christians and Pagans but also by the Black African Muslims of South Sudan. I fully agree that South Sudan should be independent.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 2:32 am

Don't expect north Sudan or their buddies Iran and China to show them any respect anytime soon. It will probably be kind of like things were between us and England until the war of 1812 was settled.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 1:14 pm

Well, China has already recognized South Sudan, and I think they would be delighted to shed themselves of the embarassment of Sudan if they can procure South Sudanese Oil through ports in Kenya (preferably) or Ethiopia.

Look to see some Chinese infrastructure money heading their way.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 1:42 pm

visagrunt wrote:
Well, China has already recognized South Sudan, and I think they would be delighted to shed themselves of the embarassment of Sudan if they can procure South Sudanese Oil through ports in Kenya (preferably) or Ethiopia.

You know, at one time, that could have been us developing South Sudan, and making cash from it.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

JeremyNJ1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jul 2011, 1:44 pm

visagrunt wrote:

I don't think China is concerned with Human rights when it comes to its foreign policy. In fact, they actively support dictators such as Mugabe, so lets not go there. China has a piss poor record of human rights in its own country. Their foreign policy vis-a-vis Sudan/South Sudan will be to support the country that A) gives them unhampered access to the oil and B) has the least baggage in maintaining the relationship, which means supporting the country that poses the least threats to its other international relationships.