What do you remember from September 11?

Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 3:01 pm

me i was in high school at time, i had got done with 1st class(block scheduling) and when i was still in that class i seen a small corperate jet flying lower then normal(when bush said to land all planes) when i was in hall i went to 2nd then came back to go to lunch then seen the custodians trying to get the tv's in the cafeteria to work. i knew something major happened because the tvs arnt suppose to be on in the reguler cafeteria just the senior one. when i went into the senior cafeteria i sat down to look up to see america under attack on bottom and the towers burning. the death toll was up to about 1500 at time and then after lunch i went to the couty technical school and when i entered lobby i seen tv on a cart in front of main office and same channel, cnn news

i then walked across the school campus to the other building were my class was(building and grounds maintenance) teacher just opened the door and every one was all sad looking. my friend leiloni(pronounced lay-loni) (odd name i know) she was crying and wanting to go home because it was her birthday.

in the class we were in the classroom all day while the teacher did nothing but talk about marines and military. (i suspect he had as) other then that my frind nick was listening to his walkman that had a radio and he told us all when the first tower and the second tower went down.

after spending the day in the classroom and listening to my friend nick and the teacher talk about military and radio, i got on bus and seen that the elementry kids were even sad knowing 2 planes hit some buildings in nyc. i then went home after the route. to my mom even being sad and eating rice and ramen noodle soup. my dad then came home from work like as if nothing ever happened. we told him and he jokingly was saying that we are all going to die of bombs and attacks and when we least expect it making missile drop noises (whistling from high to low) and pounding on couch cushion to sound like muffled machine guns.

after that for next few weeks or months 24 hours a day the skies were quiet and the only sounds were the air force jets flying around looking for any planes violating the no fly order by pres.

about 3 months later someone brought in a tape into the technical school (a documentery) about the events of 9/11 and it was quiete graphic. it showed the firefighters climbing up the stairs to get to the higher floors and some didnt make it. the camera was pointing at window and every 30 seconds you would hear a loud crashing noise and screams. the noise was bodies of people falling on cars below and on street in front of building. they tryed their best to airbrush out the falling bodies but they missed a few :cry:

that night and for about next few months i would stay in bedroom if i wasnt in school i would listen to radio or look at news online.

i stayed awake most of the time fearing another attack even though the military jets were flying over.

sorry i know it was long.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 4:19 pm

I just did what I usually do, when all of a sudden I heard that airplanes crashed into the World Trade Center and I was shocked.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 7:45 pm

I remember that day extremely well. We were taking our annual ISTEP tests that week and we were also having Spirit Week. That day, they wanted us to wear our favorite comfiest outfit so I did. Anyway, we were all interrupted that morning when the teacher had wheeled in the TV. She didn't say anything to us at first so we just watched. We were all confused for about fifteen minutes and we had just thought she was letting us watch TV for a break. That's pretty much all I can remember except for the outfit I worn (lol). Anyway, I was just twelve when all this happened.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 8:15 pm

I was in music and the teacher turned on the news for no reason and I didnt know know why because he never turned it on.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 8:29 pm

I was working on a house in Southbury Ct when it first came over the radio I thought it was a small plane and put on a news station from NY they were still talking acident when I heard it was an airliner and knew right away it was no accident. You could see the smoke from the the hills in the town I live in.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 10:27 pm

I was meeting with my white supremacist organization. We were working on a plan to attack the federal government with several truck bombs. When we saw that the terrorists had not only stolen our thunder, but attacked our home soil, we had to call the whole thing off. :cry:

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 3:00 am

I had just woken up to get ready for my classes at the local university when I turned on the TV for some background noise when I was getting my coffee started. I didn't see the first plane hit, but I defintely saw the second one hit, and said, "Holy S***!" I went to school only to be told that they'd cancelled classes for that day. I remember hearing the jets over my local airport, where normally I hear incoming planes as they're landing.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

11 Sep 2006, 3:14 am

I was at work. I think my sister phoned from Indiana. (I'm in Texas). One of my
coworkers faught in the first gulf war and we stayed glued to the radio.

rocklobster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2006, 6:58 pm

Werbert, you're not really a skinhead are you?
Anyway:
Where was I when the world stopped turning? Well, I was in my Abnormal Psych class. Our professor told us about what had happened and then announced that the normal plan for that day was still going to occur at school, since routines are the best remedy during a crisis. But at the Student Union, it was dead silence as everyone was glued to the TV sets and watching what had happened.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

11 Sep 2006, 11:13 pm

rocklobster wrote:

You gota love how well aspies can spot humor.

12 Sep 2006, 1:01 pm

I started the day by going to a meeting on a sales position with electrolux vacuums. I had seen an ad in the paper they were hiring and was told to come that morning to find out more about this scam sales job that promises unlimited income and exotic vacations. The meeting was at 8 am i think and before it started, i got there early, i sat in my car listening to something on the radio about Michael Jackson. After this meeting i set up another appointment for an interview on the 13th. So I go back to my car, and decided to drive up to the college to put in an application for a food service position they were hiring for. I don't remember how long it took me to fill out the application, maybe about 15 minutes. I then left the office and proceeded to the entrance of the building which housed a bookstore and dining hall for students. On my way out, there must have been a TV on or a radio, I'm not sure, but i remember hearing something about a plane crashing into the WTC. So, I get in my car to drive home, and I turn on the radio to the top 40 station I listen too all the time to listen for any more news about the incident. They do mention something but i can't remember. I didn't have cable TV at that time, just a TV with a VCR hooked up to it. I lived on my own, I had my own apartment and had only been here 4 months, previously i had lived at home with my Mother. I was 25 years old at this time. I had discovered previously that if i hooked up the cable coming into my apartment to the TV, I could get good reception on one local channel, WABI-tv which is a CBS affiliate. So i hooked up the cable and they had continued coverage of the events unfolding. It was probably around 9:30 when i tuned in. I had the TV in one room and I was on my old laptop in the other, but had the TV turned up to hear what was going on. I remember watching the towers collapse live. I remember calling my mom and my grandmother both that morning. I don't remember what i did the rest of the day except that i went to work.

mattw
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Sep 2006, 5:36 pm

I was at school in UK in year 6 (final year of primary) when i got home to put TV on and all i saw was planes flying into the twin towers. The attaks had happened at 9:00GMT and i only found out around 16:00GMT. I couldnt believe what had happened in the world. After the attacks it was our clases turn to do a class assembly so because i had good computer skills i had to create a ppt with different pictures before and after.

On the 7/7 attacks in London i found out (i was in Y9) in a geography lesson just after lunch when a girl said "Londons been bombed ant it sir?" and he replied yes. Everybody wondered what had happened but nobody knew for sure. The geography teacher took us to the ICT room to find out what had happened!

If it was upto me USA & UK should build a big tower, fill it with all the terorists, get a plane and fly it into the towers killing them all.

Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 10:10 pm

werbert wrote:
I was meeting with my white supremacist organization. We were working on a plan to attack the federal government with several truck bombs. When we saw that the terrorists had not only stolen our thunder, but attacked our home soil, we had to call the whole thing off. :cry:

Ironic that you crack this joke.. White Supremacists have been know to work with terrorists orginizations. (the enemy of my enemy is my friend) (war makes strange bedfellows)

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 10:47 pm

Yes, but we were pissed because we wanted to goad the government into declaring a war against us, not some (bleeps) from a third world country. We were supposed to have our day in the spotlight. :cry:

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2006, 12:20 am

rocklobster wrote:

I hate Illinois nazis. Ever parade in front of me and I'll drive my Dodge Monaco (i.e. Bluesmobile) thru you bastards :evil: - lol :D

I woke up to the news and watched it on TV in bed. I think I must have heard it on the radio first because I never turn on the TV in the morning. Couldn't believe it at first. Dumbstruck. Where I was working at the time, there were several people who knew Aussies in the Trade Centre. :(

Last edited by BazzaMcKenzie on 13 Sep 2006, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2006, 12:36 am

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
rocklobster wrote:

I hate Illinois nazis. Ever parade in front of me and I'll drive my Dodge Monaco thru you bastards :evil: - lol :D

*Quickly cancels planned march through Victoria* You know, hating a person for their beliefs makes you just as big a bigot.

Anyway, I am not a skinhead, and I will spare this board my boring recollections of that terrible day. I will just quote my teacher who announced the attacks to my class at about 8:30AM Central Daylight Time, September 11, 2001.

Werbert's geometry teacher: "This is a terrorist attack, y'all."