Page 6 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2012, 12:26 pm

Cornflake wrote:
It's getting unnecessarily snippy and heated in here - people need to calm down before things degrade further and moderator action is required.

I have already contacted a moderator about one member's personal attacks. He said I was over-reacting. Go figure...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2012, 12:49 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
Where did I say freedom was one-sided? I want to see those words in my post. So far, I do not see it anywhere... I simply provided an easier (and less time-consuming) alternative to outright banning all items listed in the OP's post.
Where did I say you said that? Maybe you thought that's what I was implying, but it wasn't what I stated. I simply provided another perspective on freedom which I found was a one-sided way of looking at it since people also have the freedom to choose what can be sold on their sites.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2012, 6:26 pm

D-m!! Now where am I going to get my eye of newt and skin of toad!! I had several good hexes and curses ready to go,what's a witch to do?Maybe Sam's club.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 7:53 pm

Misslizard wrote:
D-m!! Now where am I going to get my eye of newt and skin of toad!! I had several good hexes and curses ready to go,what's a witch to do?Maybe Sam's club.

Or ask Gingrich. I'm sure he'll be willing to lend you an eye. Toads are quite plentiful where I live, perhaps you'll be able to find one there (and for a lot cheaper than Sam's Club)...

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 11:32 pm

Gingrich? Your talking about one h--l of a curse there.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

31 Aug 2012, 1:14 am

GoonSquad wrote:
again_with_this wrote:
While I agree this stuff is all a bunch of BS, why would you feel so impassioned about prohibiting it from Ebay? All that crap is mostly novelty, and in some ways it's kind of funny. In a free market, and a free society, how can you, in principle, try to stop the sale of that crap?

Because skeptics/atheists are becoming more and more like the Taliban.

A zealot is a zealot is a zealot.

thank you for saying this!

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

31 Aug 2012, 1:28 am

Has anyone considered this banning would discriminatory to Wiccans and Pagans??
You dont have to believe what they believe but spells, potions, and magical items are part of their religion which has been recognized by the supreme court as a legitimate religion.

Of course they will just go elsewhere to buy their stuff, but what does it matter to you to go on a vendetta against these people in the first place?

Jojo

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 9:21 am

Have they banned the sale of bibles and amulets with holy water from Lourdes?What's the difference?It does seem like it violates freedom of religion.What's next?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 7:47 pm

Those things shouldn't be sold on Ebay, anyways. That was a good move on their part.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 10:11 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Those things shouldn't be sold on Ebay, anyways. That was a good move on their part.

For once, my dear, I disagree with you. If you dont like that stuff, dont buy it, but people like wiccans and pagans use these things in their religion.
I dont see how it is such an issue. Personally I like browsing through the haunted items stuff for a good laugh. :lol:

Jojo

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 12:40 pm

Yes,everyone needs an old chest with a Dybukk in it,it just brings your house alive.

Virginiarw
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Sep 2012, 1:20 am

I think we need to acknowledge that we don't know everything.

There is a lot of science behind alternative methods of treatment such as: acupuncture, chiropractor(y?). Stuff that we were not able to see until recently. Is some of it untrue? Maybe and probably. But to to so soon discard something that seems untrue, but has lasted so long, I think that would be a failure. To not investigate its longevity. We might miss out on some awesome science.

Do some research: Acupressure, Yoga, Mindfulness, Aryuveda. (sp?) Cannabis might even interest you. Feng Shui sounds crazy right? Well it's basic "enviromentally psycological" approach might have at least some point to it. How can we know? Research, investigation, and exploration.

I don't want to change your beliefs, I find them interesting actually. I just don't know why you would care about other people choosing to spend their money on this.