Chick-Fil-a to stop supporting anti-gay organizations.

Page 2 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 86
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

20 Sep 2012, 12:35 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

He certainly had the hair and beard of a hippy. :lol:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Just about every Jewish male in Judea over the age of 18 had a beard. Jews generally did not go about long-haired. They polled their hairline (basically the put a bowl over their heads and cut the hairs long enough to stick out)

Long-hair fruity looking Jesus images were the product of Renaissance artists.

ruveyn



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,339
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

20 Sep 2012, 2:16 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

He certainly had the hair and beard of a hippy. :lol:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Just about every Jewish male in Judea over the age of 18 had a beard. Jews generally did not go about long-haired. They polled their hairline (basically the put a bowl over their heads and cut the hairs long enough to stick out)

Long-hair fruity looking Jesus images were the product of Renaissance artists.

ruveyn


Actually, I've heard that about the Renaissance artists.
Beards were actually pretty common among most cultures at the time. It was just the Romans who figured it was the facial hair of Barbarians - even though the Greeks (who they secretly had an inferior inferiority complex for, despite being their conquerors) often wore beards.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,745

20 Sep 2012, 8:09 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Tensu wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Assuming this story is true (the media already lied about this once), this is a sad day for this country, where people are being denied their 1st amendment rights, both when it comes to freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

I really don't see Chik-fil-a making that kind of statement though unless people were actually threatened with physical violence. Considering the last confrontation over this actually caused them to have record sales because people have had enough of Left Wing Political Correctness.


Nobody was denied free speech. The chik-fil-a CEO freely said what he wanted, and a bunch of people freely chose to stop eating at his restaurant, and then he freely decided that it wasn't worth the loss in profit.


They weren't losing much in the way of business, I'm more inclined to believe there was harassment involved. Especially after that shooting in DC.


Who says Chick-fil-a weren't losing that much business? Chick-fil-a? A large percentage of their customers had to have been not just good ol' boy homophobes, but also people concerned about gay rights - including gay people.
Goes to show you their real God isn't Jesus Christ, but but the almighty dollar.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Since you missed what someone else posted...

ADoyle90815 wrote:
That's true, one CFA in my area was actually vandalized with "Tastes like Hate" spray painted on. It's one thing to express one's freedom to boycott some business you don't agree with, but vandalism is completely wrong.


That's not including bomb threats to some other CFAs, then there was the shooting in DC, top that off there was already one phony report like this before. Not to mention from what I've read Chicago Politicians are involved in this, so that ups the likelihood that actual intimidation and threats were being used.


And they were losing money. A bunch of dollar signs crowded out the cross. Or at their perception of what the cross is supposed to stand for.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer, I know that comment about them losing a bunch of money is a load of bull, and so do you.

You want to know how I know, it's really quite simple. If your stupid left wing boycott had worked, there wouldn't have been so many people going to Chik'fil'a in some places that traffic was backed up all over the place, and a nearby Car Dealership actually let Chik'fil'a customers park in his parking lot, as did numerous other businesses near Chik'fil'a.

They had so many customers that they actually were running out of food and couldn't offer some items on their menu cause they were out of stock, because they had so much business.

How about you and the other lefties here stop with the blatent B.S., to be completely blunt their standing up to lefties like you didn't hurt them in the slightest...

Also, to be blunt I highly doubt Chik'fil'a will stop donating to pro-traditional family groups.

During the week where your (and other lefties) boycott was made a mockery of, there were bomb threats, vandalism, etc. Not to mention the shooting in Washington DC by a pro-gay activist.



Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,181
Location: Montreal

20 Sep 2012, 8:13 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Also, to be blunt I highly doubt Chik'fil'a will stop donating to pro-traditional family groups.


I look forward to when they donate to ACTUAL traditional family advocates- one male with numerous females all making him sandwiches

Inuyasha wrote:
During the week where your (and other lefties) boycott was made a mockery of, there were bomb threats, vandalism, etc.


Your hatred of left handed people really has to stop hombre.


_________________
Opportunities multiply as they are seized. -Sun Tzu
Nature creates few men brave, industry and training makes many -Machiavelli
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do


Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,745

20 Sep 2012, 8:20 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Also, to be blunt I highly doubt Chik'fil'a will stop donating to pro-traditional family groups.


I look forward to when they donate to ACTUAL traditional family advocates- one male with numerous females all making him sandwiches


Vigilans, "traditional family" means 1 man + 1 woman, it doesn't mean polygamy.

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
During the week where your (and other lefties) boycott was made a mockery of, there were bomb threats, vandalism, etc.


Your hatred of left handed people really has to stop hombre.


MARTINSBURG - Police and fire crews closed down the Chick-fil-A on Foxcroft Avenue in Martinsburg for nearly three hours following a bomb threat that was called in just before 1 p.m. today.
http://journal-news.net/page/content.de ... l?nav=5006

Vigilans, all I'm doing is stating the facts, I really don't care if you find the truth to be offensive.



Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,181
Location: Montreal

20 Sep 2012, 8:31 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans, "traditional family" means 1 man + 1 woman, it doesn't mean polygamy.


Ew, who in the heck said anything about polygamy, mister?

Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans, all I'm doing is stating the facts, I really don't care if you find the truth to be offensive.


What have left handed people ever done to you!


_________________
Opportunities multiply as they are seized. -Sun Tzu
Nature creates few men brave, industry and training makes many -Machiavelli
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do


Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,745

20 Sep 2012, 8:58 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans, "traditional family" means 1 man + 1 woman, it doesn't mean polygamy.


Ew, who in the heck said anything about polygamy, mister?


.................

Vigilans wrote:
I look forward to when they donate to ACTUAL traditional family advocates- one male with numerous females all making him sandwiches


Word of advise, next time you try to deny something, make sure it wasn't from a post on the same page, particularly when it was your own post and just got quoted...

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans, all I'm doing is stating the facts, I really don't care if you find the truth to be offensive.


What have left handed people ever done to you!


What does left-hand/right-hand have to do with this?



John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,456
Location: The shooting range

20 Sep 2012, 9:18 pm

jojobean wrote:
I honestly from the bottom of my heart do not see homosexuality as a sin. There has been a ten year longitudinal study that documented homosexuality in many species of mammals. Most animals dont have a moral compass (only some primates) but an instinctive compass, therefore, animals are unable to sin because they dont know right from wrong. Homosexuality is just nature's way of attempting to control populations.
Christianity in the dark ages was mostly inspired and lead by celibate monks. The monks chose celibacy because it was cheaper than feeding children and providing for families at a time when poverty was extreeme. Then the church took the reins from the monks and developed an elaborate system of mass mind control and being totally obsessed with people's private sexual lives. Much of these mentalities carried over into Protestantism and endure today. It is certainly not what the biblical Jesus intended.

No offense, but how are close personal relationships and people helping each other very conservative? I lived in hippie communes that operated like that.
However, I agree that we should adopt what you say about Jesus' economic policy, but the pursuit of power often draws those with ethical issues like moths to a flame.
Our only hope is that one day people will tire of all the pain people cause each other and decide to become the peace we all desire.
Sometimes I fall short.

Jojo

Homosexuality as a natural means of regulating a population is not in line with evolution or natural selection. Only humans in a couple spots in the world and only in the last 60 years or so have needed to drastically reduce the number of children they have. For most of human history, it took about an average of 8 kids to maintain the population since some of them would die and some mothers would die in labor and other causes before they had many children. The same applies to animals. Food supply, weather/climate, predation, disease, and natural disasters were more than sufficient to regulate populations. Any creature that had a natural evolutionary trait under those conditions, including humans, to reduce their population, would be destined to go the way of the panda and desert tortoise. Any evolutionary development, whether genetic or any other theory) that reduced or stopped a creature from procreation would be first in line for natural selection! Have you considered that there are scientists that have their conclusions printed out before they do their research? Like Wakefield or climategate? Did they carefully conduct peer reviews and a double blind study? I ask because studies on this subject are easily influenced by people with agendas.

The rules against homosexuality were not created by monks! It's in the Bible, particularly in Romans and 1 Corinthians, and maybe Ephesians and Galatians, but I'll have to double check on those. In Corinthians, he specifically told the leaders to purge people actively practicing immoral behaviors (with homosexuality implied as one of them) from the Church, and encouraged those who left a gay lifestyle to grow in their new faith. If this issue was going to come up anywhere the church spread in the Roman empire, it would be Corinth (which had a reputation as a crazy place) first and then Rome. Paul did not go to either of those cities with a sign saying "God hates fags", but he did work to keep certain influences out of the churches.

Jesus' views are socially conservative in that they center around family, helping your neighbors, charity, but that notion of socially conservative living is often lost in the US, particularly in the most individualistic subcultures (i.e. major cities), and especially when people practicing such a lifestyle are spread too thin in a society to make their effect known. In places with a high rate of substance abuse, that form of social conservatism isn't likely to happen regardless of demographics. In communities where people tend to stay sober and do their best to be productive, that form of conservative social safety net can thrive except under communism. Many have claimed that Jesus would endorse a welfare state. That is debatable since He would have a HUGE problem with the waste and corruption in those systems. I don't think Jesus would be happy with promoting such a organizational structure in His name!


_________________
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."
- Unknown

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,339
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

20 Sep 2012, 10:45 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Tensu wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Assuming this story is true (the media already lied about this once), this is a sad day for this country, where people are being denied their 1st amendment rights, both when it comes to freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

I really don't see Chik-fil-a making that kind of statement though unless people were actually threatened with physical violence. Considering the last confrontation over this actually caused them to have record sales because people have had enough of Left Wing Political Correctness.


Nobody was denied free speech. The chik-fil-a CEO freely said what he wanted, and a bunch of people freely chose to stop eating at his restaurant, and then he freely decided that it wasn't worth the loss in profit.


They weren't losing much in the way of business, I'm more inclined to believe there was harassment involved. Especially after that shooting in DC.


Who says Chick-fil-a weren't losing that much business? Chick-fil-a? A large percentage of their customers had to have been not just good ol' boy homophobes, but also people concerned about gay rights - including gay people.
Goes to show you their real God isn't Jesus Christ, but but the almighty dollar.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Since you missed what someone else posted...

ADoyle90815 wrote:
That's true, one CFA in my area was actually vandalized with "Tastes like Hate" spray painted on. It's one thing to express one's freedom to boycott some business you don't agree with, but vandalism is completely wrong.


That's not including bomb threats to some other CFAs, then there was the shooting in DC, top that off there was already one phony report like this before. Not to mention from what I've read Chicago Politicians are involved in this, so that ups the likelihood that actual intimidation and threats were being used.


And they were losing money. A bunch of dollar signs crowded out the cross. Or at their perception of what the cross is supposed to stand for.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer, I know that comment about them losing a bunch of money is a load of bull, and so do you.

You want to know how I know, it's really quite simple. If your stupid left wing boycott had worked, there wouldn't have been so many people going to Chik'fil'a in some places that traffic was backed up all over the place, and a nearby Car Dealership actually let Chik'fil'a customers park in his parking lot, as did numerous other businesses near Chik'fil'a.

They had so many customers that they actually were running out of food and couldn't offer some items on their menu cause they were out of stock, because they had so much business.

How about you and the other lefties here stop with the blatent B.S., to be completely blunt their standing up to lefties like you didn't hurt them in the slightest...

Also, to be blunt I highly doubt Chik'fil'a will stop donating to pro-traditional family groups.

During the week where your (and other lefties) boycott was made a mockery of, there were bomb threats, vandalism, etc. Not to mention the shooting in Washington DC by a pro-gay activist.


Chick-fil-a had had those long lines when Huckster..., er, I mean Huckeby on Fox organized Chick-fil-a appreciation day or whatever he called it, when Republicans and homophobic groups posing as family values groups went out of their way to buy chicken. But is there any evidence this trend continued after that one day? So yes, especially in blue states and cities, they almost certainly lost money. I repeat, their god is the almighty dollar.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,745

21 Sep 2012, 12:19 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Tensu wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Assuming this story is true (the media already lied about this once), this is a sad day for this country, where people are being denied their 1st amendment rights, both when it comes to freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

I really don't see Chik-fil-a making that kind of statement though unless people were actually threatened with physical violence. Considering the last confrontation over this actually caused them to have record sales because people have had enough of Left Wing Political Correctness.


Nobody was denied free speech. The chik-fil-a CEO freely said what he wanted, and a bunch of people freely chose to stop eating at his restaurant, and then he freely decided that it wasn't worth the loss in profit.


They weren't losing much in the way of business, I'm more inclined to believe there was harassment involved. Especially after that shooting in DC.


Who says Chick-fil-a weren't losing that much business? Chick-fil-a? A large percentage of their customers had to have been not just good ol' boy homophobes, but also people concerned about gay rights - including gay people.
Goes to show you their real God isn't Jesus Christ, but but the almighty dollar.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Since you missed what someone else posted...

ADoyle90815 wrote:
That's true, one CFA in my area was actually vandalized with "Tastes like Hate" spray painted on. It's one thing to express one's freedom to boycott some business you don't agree with, but vandalism is completely wrong.


That's not including bomb threats to some other CFAs, then there was the shooting in DC, top that off there was already one phony report like this before. Not to mention from what I've read Chicago Politicians are involved in this, so that ups the likelihood that actual intimidation and threats were being used.


And they were losing money. A bunch of dollar signs crowded out the cross. Or at their perception of what the cross is supposed to stand for.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer, I know that comment about them losing a bunch of money is a load of bull, and so do you.

You want to know how I know, it's really quite simple. If your stupid left wing boycott had worked, there wouldn't have been so many people going to Chik'fil'a in some places that traffic was backed up all over the place, and a nearby Car Dealership actually let Chik'fil'a customers park in his parking lot, as did numerous other businesses near Chik'fil'a.

They had so many customers that they actually were running out of food and couldn't offer some items on their menu cause they were out of stock, because they had so much business.

How about you and the other lefties here stop with the blatent B.S., to be completely blunt their standing up to lefties like you didn't hurt them in the slightest...

Also, to be blunt I highly doubt Chik'fil'a will stop donating to pro-traditional family groups.

During the week where your (and other lefties) boycott was made a mockery of, there were bomb threats, vandalism, etc. Not to mention the shooting in Washington DC by a pro-gay activist.


Chick-fil-a had had those long lines when Huckster..., er, I mean Huckeby on Fox organized Chick-fil-a appreciation day or whatever he called it, when Republicans and homophobic groups posing as family values groups went out of their way to buy chicken. But is there any evidence this trend continued after that one day? So yes, especially in blue states and cities, they almost certainly lost money. I repeat, their god is the almighty dollar.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Actually there is evidence the trend continued, appreciation day, it was more like appreciation week, and it even went on for quite a while after that. People were even buying gift cards.

Meanwhile we there were the bomb threats, the vandalism, the shootings, not to mention from what I understand, the politicians involved in this current situation are from Chicago. If you understand anything about Chicago, you'd know there is probably outright intimidation being involved if not threats of violence.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,339
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

21 Sep 2012, 12:31 am

Chick-fil-a wouldn't have been the only business that has had to deal with nutbars from time to time, so I doubt that would have been the motivating factor in changing their policy against gay Americans. And seriously? You have to make the city government of Chicago out to be a bunch of gangsters? As I recall, Fox and other Republican party propaganda outlets openly sided with Mayor Rahm Emanuel against the legitimate claims of the teachers union. Being a bit inconsistent there, aren't you Repubs?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,456
Location: The shooting range

21 Sep 2012, 3:49 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
And seriously? You have to make the city government of Chicago out to be a bunch of gangsters? As I recall, Fox and other Republican party propaganda outlets openly sided with Mayor Rahm Emanuel against the legitimate claims of the teachers union. Being a bit inconsistent there, aren't you Repubs?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Chicago is well known to be run like a mafia racket, whether or not there are still people with mob ties there. I've never heard anyone, even liberals, seriously defend Chicago politics before.


_________________
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."
- Unknown

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,339
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

21 Sep 2012, 4:00 am

John_Browning wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
And seriously? You have to make the city government of Chicago out to be a bunch of gangsters? As I recall, Fox and other Republican party propaganda outlets openly sided with Mayor Rahm Emanuel against the legitimate claims of the teachers union. Being a bit inconsistent there, aren't you Repubs?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Chicago is well known to be run like a mafia racket, whether or not there are still people with mob ties there. I've never heard anyone, even liberals, seriously defend Chicago politics before.


Politicians in Chicago have a reputation for playing fast and loose, but I hardly think they had issued a physical threat against the chicken boss.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

-



Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,181
Location: Montreal

21 Sep 2012, 11:51 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans, "traditional family" means 1 man + 1 woman, it doesn't mean polygamy.


Ew, who in the heck said anything about polygamy, mister?


.................

Vigilans wrote:
I look forward to when they donate to ACTUAL traditional family advocates- one male with numerous females all making him sandwiches


Word of advise, next time you try to deny something, make sure it wasn't from a post on the same page, particularly when it was your own post and just got quoted...


I was quite clearly talking about sandwich making you silly boy

Inuyasha wrote:
What does left-hand/right-hand have to do with this?


You tell me


_________________
Opportunities multiply as they are seized. -Sun Tzu
Nature creates few men brave, industry and training makes many -Machiavelli
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,186
Location: Aux Arcs

21 Sep 2012, 1:49 pm

Do they have to be chicken sandwiches?



Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,745

21 Sep 2012, 7:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
John_Browning wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
And seriously? You have to make the city government of Chicago out to be a bunch of gangsters? As I recall, Fox and other Republican party propaganda outlets openly sided with Mayor Rahm Emanuel against the legitimate claims of the teachers union. Being a bit inconsistent there, aren't you Repubs?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Chicago is well known to be run like a mafia racket, whether or not there are still people with mob ties there. I've never heard anyone, even liberals, seriously defend Chicago politics before.


Politicians in Chicago have a reputation for playing fast and loose, but I hardly think they had issued a physical threat against the chicken boss.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

-


Actually they have a reputation for being tied to organized crime for a reason.

Anyways, from what I read in this morning's paper, it seems that the media story you guys are running with has a credibility question, which is unsurprising.