Chick-Fil-a to stop supporting anti-gay organizations.

Page 3 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 9:44 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Politicians in Chicago have a reputation for playing fast and loose, but I hardly think they had issued a physical threat against the chicken boss.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

-

If Chick-a-fil is prevented from doing business in Chicago because of its owners political opinions you will know right off they are playing fast and loose.

And if any Chick-a-fil people are found "under the bus" you will also know it.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 10:48 pm

But will most people really care if they're found under a bus? :lol:

-Bill,, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 10:51 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
John_Browning wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
And seriously? You have to make the city government of Chicago out to be a bunch of gangsters? As I recall, Fox and other Republican party propaganda outlets openly sided with Mayor Rahm Emanuel against the legitimate claims of the teachers union. Being a bit inconsistent there, aren't you Repubs?

Chicago is well known to be run like a mafia racket, whether or not there are still people with mob ties there. I've never heard anyone, even liberals, seriously defend Chicago politics before.

Politicians in Chicago have a reputation for playing fast and loose, but I hardly think they had issued a physical threat against the chicken boss.

-

Actually they have a reputation for being tied to organized crime for a reason.

Anyways, from what I read in this morning's paper, it seems that the media story you guys are running with has a credibility question, which is unsurprising.

If mobbed up Chicago politicians had threatened to hurt the Chick-fil-a CEO, I doubt he'd keep quiet about it for very long.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 10:56 pm

Yeah well, it's come out that the story you guys were crowing about Chick-fil-a backing down was bogus, just like last time.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 12:13 am

Or maybe the cultural conservative crowd threatened to stop giving Chick-fil-a their business unless they went back to gay-baiting.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 2:40 pm

More likely a Chicago Politician and the left-wing media lied in order to try to save face (cause the politician had to back down or end up getting the city of Chicago sued)...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 3:47 pm

And how would that be advantageous for the liberal media and the Chicago city government, as the truth would eventually come out? Makes more sense the right leaned on them.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 5:24 pm

Actually, it was more likely that the Chicago City Government and the left wing media didn't anticipate that Chick-fil-a would call them out on this...

Chick-fil-a didn't lose any business from their standing up to liberals like yourself, in fact they had an increase in business.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 10:05 pm

It so happens liberals like me stand up for the rights of gay Americans, who the chicken boss apparently thought he could just walk all over.
And I actually practice what I preach - I had spent the afternoon at Valleyfest, here in Spokane Valley, collecting pledges to support referendum 74, which affirms the right of gays in Washington state to marry. That's a right that the state legislature of my state had already recognized, but homophobic bigots have gotten enough signatures on their petition to try rolling back the rights of citizens of my state, simply because of their sexual orientation. And that's why I oppose the chicken man so much - because he probably had given money to try making gays second class citizens here in Washington.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 12:06 am

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 12:13 am

Chick-fil-a is an American franchise; so what are they going to do, other than give you dirty looks? Saudi Arabia is a far different situation, with no connection to American and western love of liberty.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 9:16 am

John_Browning wrote:

It is America and people expect and enjoy exercising their freedom of expression?

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 11:23 am

What I find the most pathetic is the fact that someone takes a position on an issue then caves in to social pressures (regardless of what the issue is) and subsequently turns around and abandon said position in an effort to save their own hide or appease those offended. Why do people lack b*lls and spines? I couldn't care less if someone was pro-gay marriage or against it, as long as they don't waver under the slightest opposition. Think of it in these simple terms: Would you want to associate with someone you knew for a fact where they stand or someone who is "shifty?"

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 3:03 pm

Vigilans wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

It is America and people expect and enjoy exercising their freedom of expression?

Things change on private property. The owner gets to set their own rules for the most part.

-Sigmund Freud

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 3:22 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
What I find the most pathetic is the fact that someone takes a position on an issue then caves in to social pressures (regardless of what the issue is) and subsequently turns around and abandon said position in an effort to save their own hide or appease those offended. Why do people lack b*lls and spines? I couldn't care less if someone was pro-gay marriage or against it, as long as they don't waver under the slightest opposition. Think of it in these simple terms: Would you want to associate with someone you knew for a fact where they stand or someone who is "shifty?"

Chick'fil'a apparently never caved to the Chicago Democrat in the first place, this is actually the 2nd time both the media and Democrats have tried to create the phony narrative that Chick'fil'a caved when the restaurant chain has stuck to their principles.

Fact of the matter is it looks more like the Chicago politicians caved due to the fact that if they follow through with their threats, Chick'fil'a pretty much has a slam dunk case against the city of Chicago.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 5:14 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Chick'fil'a apparently never caved to the Chicago Democrat in the first place, this is actually the 2nd time both the media and Democrats have tried to create the phony narrative that Chick'fil'a caved when the restaurant chain has stuck to their principles.

Fact of the matter is it looks more like the Chicago politicians caved due to the fact that if they follow through with their threats, Chick'fil'a pretty much has a slam dunk case against the city of Chicago.

And if CFA's board sleeps with the fishes, that's going to look awfully suspicious! :P

-Sigmund Freud