The UK is turning into a third world country

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 7:52 am

All us average British people are all going to be turfed out of our houses in years to come, so that our houses can be given to people from Eastern Europe. Nothing against those people, they are good people but for the government to do this to British people who are too poor to buy our houses, it is practically discrimination against us.

f*****g government I hate it, I have David Cameron, we've got another 3 years of him destroying this country until (hopefully!!) some other government gets in, I just hope and pray it's going to be labour because they at least support the poor, where as f*****g tory government supports the rich.

Listen to this song. f**k you, David Cameron, I hope you f*****g DIE, f*****g rich bastard!! !! !! !! !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKFTtYx2OHc

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 8:25 am

So, he's turning poor brits out of their homes and giving them to RICH Eastern Europeans? :?

There are surely problems of class inequality there, here in the US (and many other places). Stay focused, get angry, BUT don't become deafened by white noise.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Oy7-sMnWc[/youtube]

PS

Maybe, I'm getting you wrong, but your post reminds me of poor whites in the US blaming poor Hispanics for their problems.

cartoony_loony
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Nov 2012, 10:18 am

Hey,

I don't think Labour will help - the mess we're in is the mess they left us in last time. Cameron is not brilliant, I agree, but Tony Blair is the one I hold responsible. Houses were affordable pre-1997!

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 11:02 am

GoonSquad wrote:
... Maybe, I'm getting you wrong, but your post reminds me of poor whites in the US blaming poor Hispanics for their problems.

I know what you mean but nonetheless wish they would stay where they belong and care for their own country instead of worsening things for the poor right here because it's a fact that we don't need immigrants, else we would invite them. And for the poor people of our country, why should they be forced to share things like food bank donations and the like with foreigners? Their situation is bad enough, and the more people are sneaking in here and gain services, the worse it's getting for our own people. Many immigrants are taking jobs our poor folks would need desperately.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 11:59 am

While there are enormous social problems, and a huge income gap in Britain, the thread title is nonsense. The United Kingdom is--and will continue to be--one of the most prosperous nations on the planet.

Take a trip through a real "third world" country sometime. No state schools; no NHS hospitals; substandard transport infrastructure. I'm not suggesting that all is springtime and roses for people in Britain--and especially people on the margins. But the poor in Britain are vastly better off than the poor in almost any other country in the world.

And bear in mind, you don't have three more years of David Cameron if Nick Clegg decides to abandon the Conservatives, or if he loses control of his Parliamentary Party, and sufficient numbers of them start to vote against the government.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 12:22 pm

I'm just mad at all this job business. Back in the 50s and 60s jobs were so easy to come by, you could just walk out of a job and into another. Now getting a job is like a gamble; you only get one if you're lucky. I know someone who went to university and studied hard and got all her qualifications she wanted, but she can't even get into the job she wants, plus she is very confident and is willing to do it as her ambition. What a shame. Also we know a young mother who can't get her children into any local schools because there are too many foreign children put in the schools.

Now it's not the foreign people's fault, they are good people, I have nothing against them personally and I am NOT being racist against them, I'm just saying that the government has let them all in, and is letting even more flood in by 2014 from Bolgeria and Greece.....just where will all the jobs be for them all? It all just gives me a headache thinking about it.

monstermunch
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Nov 2012, 12:27 pm

visagrunt wrote:
While there are enormous social problems, and a huge income gap in Britain, the thread title is nonsense. The United Kingdom is--and will continue to be--one of the most prosperous nations on the planet.

Take a trip through a real "third world" country sometime. No state schools; no NHS hospitals; substandard transport infrastructure. I'm not suggesting that all is springtime and roses for people in Britain--and especially people on the margins. But the poor in Britain are vastly better off than the poor in almost any other country in the world.

And bear in mind, you don't have three more years of David Cameron if Nick Clegg decides to abandon the Conservatives, or if he loses control of his Parliamentary Party, and sufficient numbers of them start to vote against the government.

I don't think the OP meant it literally, she's just saying it could get close to that at the way things are going. I too read that they are going to be turfing those in council houses to give to foreign famililes, and it may be for reasons like if they are on a high income or have a high pension or whatever but lots of people are saying that it could be a start, and that in years to come they could turn that new thing into a more severe thing, making everyone in council houses either buy their houses or get out, regardless of their circumstances.
Where can you see the fairness in turfing British people out of their homes, clumping them together in horrible tiny places, and having foreign people living in their homes?

In this country, white British people who are honest, hardworking people get punished. Foreigners come over here with no money behind them and get given healthcare, benefits, homes and jobs. There's no hope for the British, no wonder people are getting angry and also worried about what the future holds for us and our next generation.

Also the government cuts loads of needed services back, throws thousands more people on the dole, then makes them out to be 'scroungers'. Wow. Never heard of such emotional bigotry in all my life.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 1:12 pm

Joe could be onto something-I recently read an article that says that the UK is rapidly heading towards third world status, at least where the economy is concerned. I'll have to see if I can find the article. The UK depended on its colonies to feed it, and send it raw materials for industry. When the colonies went away so did the industry, and the destruction the Nazis did during WW2 didn't help. To be fair, these problems are global problems, and at the root is the end of cheap resources. Our economies depend on cheap resources, and without them we're all dead in the water. The UK has imported most of its resources for a couple hundred years.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 1:26 pm

visagrunt wrote:

Do you really think that will happen? The LDs are headed for electoral oblivion and they know it, so they'll hold on for as long as they possibly can.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 1:43 pm

cartoony_loony wrote:
Hey,

I don't think Labour will help - the mess we're in is the mess they left us in last time. Cameron is not brilliant, I agree, but Tony Blair is the one I hold responsible. Houses were affordable pre-1997!

Go purple?

Threore
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Nov 2012, 5:59 pm

No no no!

Don't let yourself get pitted against those who should be your allies in the fight against exploitation!
Why is there increased inequality? Why is part of what you produce taken away from you and given to a few people who already have too much? Why do you have to pay just to live on a part of earth? Why do a few people profit much more from the accomplishments of the whole society than everyone else?
It's not because some fellow poor people moved from one place to another.

There is only one group of people to blame, and that is the group that stole all those things from society and called it their own, using the police and the army to enforce that inequality on society and using their control of education to teach children that that is a normal thing.

Fight them that are in power, them that get rich over the backs of others, not each other.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 7:53 pm

Tequila wrote:
Do you really think that will happen? The LDs are headed for electoral oblivion and they know it, so they'll hold on for as long as they possibly can.

I think that there's a scenario where the LDs can manage it. If, as a matter of party discipline (not Parliamentary Party revolt) they pull the rug out from under the Conseravatives, they can then make a solid pitch for centrist voters.

It depends how you read the tea leaves, of course. In how many seats are the Conservatives vulnerable, and to whom are they vulnerable. Can the LDs present themselves as a viable alternative to disaffected Tories who would never vote Labour?

I don't see the LDs forming a government in the short term--but I do see the potential for plenty of hung Parliaments, given the current set of triplets leading the parties.

blackelk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Nov 2012, 8:16 pm

visagrunt wrote:

The UK isn't even in the top 25 in the Human Development Index. That is shocking. Nearly every Western European country is in the top 20. They are behind countries like Israel, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Singapore, and only one spot ahead of Greece. US is 4th btw. The UK also isn't in the top 25 in quality of life index.

http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/

Rudywalsh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2012, 1:32 pm

We seem to have a long way to go before mankind realizes we are the same species. We have to learn to live by each other’s side as one.

There is no way we are even close to that side of our evolution yet. The world is a selfish place ran by egocentric power mongers. No different to any other social animal.

The governments are supposed to work for the people. It’s pretty obvious it’s the other way around, the people work for the government.

What will it take to shed our animalistic nature? Followers and leaders, one working for the other mentallity.

mmcool
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 3:18 pm

theys people can save us:

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 7:15 pm

Here is the problem. Notice how the major parties have shifted toward more the economic right and toward more authoritarian policies? They're is no one to care about the poors anymore. :(