HuffPost article on House Oversight hearing on Autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 2:03 pm

While the HuffPost is not my prefered media source, the post makes a good point. The comments are even more interesting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ariane-zu ... 39420.html

Edit: Fixed link

Last edited by AgentPalpatine on 11 Dec 2012, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Dec 2012, 2:07 pm

I'm not sure if it's your link or my computer, but something won't work because it error'd

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 2:13 pm

My mistake, I edited the OP to include the correct link.

Oldout
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 11:38 am

Let's hope the hearings were not just to fill TV time. I suggest we all write our congressman ans senators to keep the pressure on. Perhaps adults on the spectrum an finally be recognized and receive the services they need.

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 3:14 pm

The hearing was only televised on C-SPAN. According to POLITICO, the hearing was a parting gift to Rep. Burton (R-IN), and he was* a strong supporter of the enviromental (vaccines) causation theory. So this hearing was'nt to fill TV time.

I'm not sure how many US WP members know who the local US represenatives and senators are. This month is bad for that question, since redistricting has taken place, but is not official yet, so local US rep offices can't take calls from people in the "new" portion of districts until 1/3/2012.

* Term is up 12/31/2012

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 2:48 pm

God I am so tired.

The hearings aren't about caring at all. It's about being seen to care, seeming to care. Again the neurotypicals and the practice of "seeming."

I feel sorry for the neurotypical adults and children I know who are obviously perfectly good people, yet have to live with the damaging image these highly visible NTs present for the whole.

Again the leadership is so far behind. Still making it look like the neurotypical population does not care about us as fellow beings, but only about their own affect when faced with dealing with us.

Such a shame. Such a shame.

Well, my house mother says I need to get off the computer and get my butt wiped and pick up my room now.

And everyone knows we are also incapable of emotion. Or sarcasm.