Anonymous attacks WBC over Connecticut funeral protest plan.

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PM
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 5:38 pm

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-575594 ... ttag?=fbwl

It's about time they were, In Anonymous's words, "systematically removed from the Internet".

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 5:42 pm

Anonymous is actually giving WBC attention by making that threat. The only effective way to handle WBC is not to give them the satisfaction--i.e. ignore them.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 6:33 pm

The Westboro 'people' believe that a tragically deranged young man was actually on a mission of God?

Seriously?

Adam Lanza (apparently) needed institutionalization.

Those loons need it more!

Jesus...you know, the One the WBC claims to serve...came to proclaim God's love for us by healing people, accepting ALL people, and, finally, dying for us.

So WBC wants us to believe that 2000 years later the message is to be delivered by shooting kindergarteners?

And the reason that we cannot re-open Alcatraz just so that they can have a permanent home, with monthly food drops, is........?

Sylkat :shrug:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

16 Dec 2012, 7:09 pm

Wow. what attention whores! Those guys really need to knock it off already. Dumbasses

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 7:26 pm

If a mass shooter struck WBC, would anyone really mind? Honestly, I'm curious at this point.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 7:29 pm

They should take away their police protection and let the community sort them out. :)

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 7:47 pm

Sylkat wrote:
The Westboro 'people' believe that a tragically deranged young man was actually on a mission of God?

Seriously?

Jesus...you know, the One the WBC claims to serve...came to proclaim God's love for us by healing people, accepting ALL people, and, finally, dying for us.

So WBC wants us to believe that 2000 years later the message is to be delivered by shooting kindergarteners?

And the reason that we cannot re-open Alcatraz just so that they can have a permanent home, with monthly food drops, is........?

These types of followers are the kind I want to trade in for the real deal. Give me the real Jesus any day over these people.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 8:05 pm

richardbenson wrote:
Wow. what attention whores! Those guys really need to knock it off already. Dumbasses

WBC represents the Dark Side of freedom of speech (and expression).

ruveyn

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 8:18 pm

WBC isn't a "church", per se.

It's an elaborate cult started by Fred Phelps, Sr. As far as I know, he is the only member who actually believes their message. With everybody else (his wife, kids, etc.), the message was literally beaten into them. Phelps Sr. was very abusive to his family, resulting in four of his kids leaving (and being disowned by him), and the mysterious death of a woman who was briefly married to Fred Jr. and then dating Mark (one of the sons he disowned). If anyone in his family followed a life path different than the one Fred Sr. ordered them to follow (school, law school, joining the family law practice, etc.), they were disowned. The level of support for him by his family measures only how much they are afraid of him, and their only duty in life is to cater to their dad's every whim. His sermons only cover passages in the Bible that support his ultra-far-fetched idea of what the world should be like. Members are not allowed to marry anyone outside the congregation, resulting in incest in some cases.

They believe that they are the only true church, any other pastor is a false prophet, and as such, they are the only ones who will ascend into heaven.

The pickets are not designed to preach the word of God (rather the word of Fred), but to purposely incite some sort of reaction that will give them reason to sue, and thus make money for themselves.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 8:26 pm

[snarkasm]

Golly. What ever happened to religious freedom? Isn't it a God-given right for every brain-dead American to join a mindless cult and be lead around like sheep by a hate-filled leader who sees nothing wrong in causing hurt and outrage to families already traumatized by personal tragedy?

Aren't freedom of speech and press also God-given rights? I mean, what is so wrong with spreading lies, racism, and sexism by shouting profanity and waving signs that I would not want my grandchildren to see?

[/snarkasm]

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 8:28 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

Legally it is a church. The U.S. government is ill equipped (in law and in fact) to determine what are "cults" and what are religions. Almost all of the major religions started out as cults. Even the LDS or Mormon Religion.

ruveyn

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 1:09 am

Sylkat wrote:

Seriously?

And now how to they figure Carrie Underwood is complicit in all this? I think some of these people will start being eligible for a psychiatric evaluation soon.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 11:35 am

ruveyn wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Legally it is a church. The U.S. government is ill equipped (in law and in fact) to determine what are "cults" and what are religions. Almost all of the major religions started out as cults. Even the LDS or Mormon Religion.

ruveyn

Some only ask to be classified as religions to get tax-exempt status (i.e. Scientology), and don't give a crap about spiritual enlightenment. WBC is one of them.

Google "Addicted to Hate", by Nate Phelps (another estranged son), to get a better idea of the true face of WBC.

What's weirder is that the Phelpses are Democrats (even though they think Obama is the Antichrist). Their logic is that if the Democrats stay in office long enough, abortion and same-sex marriage will be the law of the land, which will bring about more disasters and tragedies, both natural and man-made. The uptick in said disasters will signify the Second Coming, and thus their ascension into heaven.

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 17 Dec 2012, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 11:45 am

Are the WBC armed? I wonder what would happen if they used them, would Americans blame the gun or god?
Hm! :lol:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 11:50 am

J-Greens wrote:
Are the WBC armed? I wonder what would happen if they used them, would Americans blame the gun or god?
Hm! :lol:

As far as I know, they are not. You might be thinking of Abin Cooper from the movie Red State (good movie, BTW).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 12:11 pm

Some one ought to call in a tip to the ATF that the WBC are hoarding illegal weapons - and let nature take it's course.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer