The Major Factor underlying the Increase in Rampage Killings

Page 7 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

What is the Major Factor underlying the Increase of Rampage Killings in the last 3 Decades?
Guns. 16%  16%  [ 12 ]
A New Demographic of Males under the age of 26. 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
The loss or abscence of a Social Role in Society. 26%  26%  [ 20 ]
Violent Video Games. 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Mental Disturbance. 21%  21%  [ 16 ]
Expiration of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban in 2004. 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Other, Please Comment. 24%  24%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 76

aspiebostonian
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Dec 2012, 8:28 pm

Fnord wrote:
techn0teen wrote:
Are you going to discriminate against people with mental illness from purchasing or owning a gun?

Yes.

You do know many NTs think we are all mentally ill, right? Do you want to be entered into a database and told you can't have something you would be just as responsible as most people about simply because of the ignorance of the masses?

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2012, 9:28 pm

noxnocturne wrote:
I believe a lot of it's due to the gradual destruction of morals in this society. If I might be so bold, I will also add that since God was taken out of the schools and is now being taken out of the public eye, things like this have been happening more and more.

I don't want a debate on this. I've said my piece, and I'm moving on.
praise to president reagan,the last american politician that was worth a damn.

i sometimes like to say "america july 4th 1776 to january 21st 1989"

they dont make leaders like that anymore

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2012, 9:51 pm

noxnocturne wrote:
I believe a lot of it's due to the gradual destruction of morals in this society. If I might be so bold, I will also add that since God was taken out of the schools and is now being taken out of the public eye, things like this have been happening more and more.

When God was in the public schools we had chattel slavery of Negroes. A fat lot of good God did in the schools.

ruveyn

aspiebostonian
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Dec 2012, 9:59 pm

ruveyn wrote:
noxnocturne wrote:

When God was in the public schools we had chattel slavery of Negroes. A fat lot of good God did in the schools.

ruveyn

A lot of good things have been done in God's name, and a lot of bad things have been done in God's name. I'm glad I'm not in school anymore. I was diagnosed less than a year ago, and I'm trying to picture showing up and being bullied because of what happened in Newtown. I was already bullied just for being different and before they knew what to call it. I'm also trying to picture showing up with a bunch of armed guards and police around and I wonder how that would have affected my learning environment.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2012, 10:37 pm

ruveyn wrote:
noxnocturne wrote:

ruveyn

Not to mention, the teaching of evolution was strictly forbidden in most schools. A fine education that would be (sarcasm).

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 6:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
noxnocturne wrote:

ruveyn

Not to mention, the teaching of evolution was strictly forbidden in most schools. A fine education that would be (sarcasm).

When we had chattel slavery of negroes we did not have 10% of them in jail.

And Jesus said to them, "let he who does not have a sword sell his cloak
and buy one."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 2:20 pm

Inventor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
noxnocturne wrote:

ruveyn

When we had chattel slavery of negroes we did not have 10% of them in jail.

And Jesus said to them, "let he who does not have a sword sell his cloak
and buy one."

No, 10% of blacks in slavery days weren't in prison, because they were slaves. At least a prison sentence in most cases will end with the incarcerated person's freedom - not so with slavery.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 2:26 pm

these like the irish and muslim bombers, chinese stabbers
are terrorist acts of desperate and crazy people
cure their desperation- viola
exacerbate their frustration, desperation
and resulting craziness, and
viola

if nothing will be done about education and autism in America [and gun control] then be prepared for more of the same from crazies, who appear to be increasing in number
anti bullying legislation [school and workplace] would produce good results in this area....

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 2:50 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
[

Only in a few states. In most states Darwin's theory is covered in a superficial way.

ruveyn

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 5:42 pm

Though there seems to be a combination of factors that play a significant role in the actions of a spree killer/rampage killer, the most common factor in almost every spree killing (excluding those prior to the 1960s) has been the use and (often) cessation or irregular use of psychopharmaceuticals. In the past decade of studying, this has been the one factor that has appeared most frequently upon cross-analysis. Prior to the 1960s, many persons with psychological distrubances were housed in institutions (and during the Second World War, data was often inconsistent or, as was the case with Nazi Germany, unreliable or even absent).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 6:46 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
[

Only in a few states. In most states Darwin's theory is covered in a superficial way.

ruveyn

I'm talking about the good old days, when the blasphemous iniquity of evolution was kept from the tender brains of America's school children. Then the Cold War happened, and it was realized our kids needed to learn all the science they could.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 10:46 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

I'm talking about the good old days, when the blasphemous iniquity of evolution was kept from the tender brains of America's school children. Then the Cold War happened, and it was realized our kids needed to learn all the science they could.

The kind of science used to build rockets, guns, bullets and bombs can be taught independently of biological theories.

The same kind of idiocy that led to the Scopes Trial in Tennessee was also tried in Dover PA back in 2006. Judge Jones (a republican, Christian, Bush appointee) gave the Intelligent Design Crowd the coup de grace.

ruveyn

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 5:24 am

Quote:
Overt And Covert
Hypnotic Mind Control
Hypnotic mind control as used here means the use of hypnosis to augment mind control techniques. Hypnosis itself is a very powerful tool for influence and you can read more about what hypnosis actually is but if you are in a hurry, here's a quick refresher! The important things to note are…

hypnosis is simply an altered state
we naturally enter lots of altered states or trances ourselves every day
it's not necessary to have your eyes closed
hypnosis can be induced without words, and
most importantly it reduces critical faculties and the ability to evaluate information and make decisions. https://www.decision-making-confidence. ... ntrol.html