"Singapore's population could rise to almost 7 million.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

icyfire4w5
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 621

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Aug 2012
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,948
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas

01 Feb 2013, 11:48 am

That's a lot of people for a city state that is so small. Is this your point?



Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,897
Location: Lancashire, UK

01 Feb 2013, 2:07 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
That's a lot of people for a city state that is so small. Is this your point?


It still wouldn't beat Macau and Monaco.



Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Aug 2012
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,948
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas

01 Feb 2013, 2:27 pm

Tequila, yes, Macau has a population density of 49,000/ square mile; Monaco has 39,000/square mile; and Singapore has 19,000/square mile.

This kind of sardine can overcrowding isn't for this semi-claustrophobic aspie. I'm a mile from my nearest neighbor and that's too close for me--and they're kin.

I'm curious as to why the original poster posted this and then he didn't even answer my question. It doesn't make any sense. I still don't understand his point....



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 85
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

01 Feb 2013, 2:30 pm

icyfire4w5 wrote:


Hong Kong is already there.

ruveyn



Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,897
Location: Lancashire, UK

01 Feb 2013, 2:54 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
Tequila, yes, Macau has a population density of 49,000/ square mile; Monaco has 39,000/square mile; and Singapore has 19,000/square mile.


Having said that, Manila in the Philippines has nearly two-a-quarter-times the population density of Macau. It's a very, very crowded city.



Appleisbetter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 219
Location: Australia

06 Feb 2013, 9:22 pm

Australia will do for me thanks, around 3 people per km2 . 90 % of them live in urban areas leaving lots for me :D as I don't



noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Nov 2012
Age: 43
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,693
Location: Harassing Muggles

06 Feb 2013, 11:45 pm

icyfire4w5 wrote:


And your point is...what?



icyfire4w5
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 621

07 Feb 2013, 12:01 pm

To all: Maybe I misunderstood some of your replies' tones. Some of you seem offended. Forgive me. I might have been imagining things... I just want to know 4 things. Please don't be offended, okay? Please?

1. How's the population density in your country?
2. Are you comfortable with your country's current population density?
3. By 2030, do you think that your country's population would have increased, shrunk or remained more or less the same?
4. I think that high population density might contribute to stress, what do you think?



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 85
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

07 Feb 2013, 1:19 pm

icyfire4w5 wrote:
To all: Maybe I misunderstood some of your replies' tones. Some of you seem offended. Forgive me. I might have been imagining things... I just want to know 4 things. Please don't be offended, okay? Please?

1. How's the population density in your country?
2. Are you comfortable with your country's current population density?
3. By 2030, do you think that your country's population would have increased, shrunk or remained more or less the same?
4. I think that high population density might contribute to stress, what do you think?


A city must have a sufficient density for it to function as an exchange of commerce and ideas. Too small a density and it fails. Too large a density and it fails or collapses under the weight of administration and public safety.

ruveyn