Hugo Chavez, President of Venezuela, Dies at Age 58.

Page 2 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,059
Location: the place I'm from doesn't exist anymore

06 Mar 2013, 1:28 am

:lmao:

Can't help but laugh considering 2002 and who was responsible for that.

Perhaps before trying to interfere with other countries democratic processes just because they don't suit you - instead maybe you should concentrate on the lack of democratic process in your own country, especially the lack of democratic and human rights in regards to your natives that you have repeatedly promised, deflected, denied and never upheld.

Just a thought. Pot-kettle-black and all that. :lol:

Not to mention you're not qualified to try to clean up someone else's backyard when you have never been able to clean up your own.


_________________
Diagnostic Tools and Resources for Women with AS: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt211004.html


Last edited by Kjas on 06 Mar 2013, 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 96,435
Location: the island of defective toy santas

06 Mar 2013, 1:37 am

there's just no communicating with "just world" types.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,553
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 Mar 2013, 1:44 am

Kjas wrote:
:lmao:

Can't help but laugh considering 2002 and who was responsible for that.

Perhaps before trying to interfere with other countries democratic processes just because they don't suit you - instead maybe you should concentrate on the lack of democratic process in your own country, especially the lack of democratic and human rights in regards to your natives that you have repeatedly promised, deflected, denied and never upheld.

Just a thought. Pot-kettle-black and all that. :lol:


I'm sorry if I came across as offensive, but Latin America has a bad history of bad government. Though I am the first to agree that the USA has been responsible for a lot of the evil there.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

06 Mar 2013, 2:01 am

Hmm, I wonder if this was entirely natural. I might just have to revise my opinion of our intelligence services.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jul 2012
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,087

06 Mar 2013, 2:11 am

I wonder if their fuel price will increase because of this.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,553
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 Mar 2013, 2:14 am

Dox47 wrote:
Hmm, I wonder if this was entirely natural. I might just have to revise my opinion of our intelligence services.


Does anyone really have a means of causing cancer in another person (apart from tobacco smoke, and radiation)? I think we've all heard stories of how the CIA is supposed to be able to inject a person with cancer, but until that's proven to be a fact, I think that can be left to the conspiracy theorists.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,456
Location: The shooting range

06 Mar 2013, 2:21 am

There's all kinds of things you can expose some to that will cause cancer faster and more reliably than smoking. Bush would do something like that but I doubt Obama would continue if it was brought to his attention...at least with Chavez.


_________________
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."
- Unknown

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,553
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 Mar 2013, 2:36 am

I'll remind you Obama kills enemies with flying robots.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,456
Location: The shooting range

06 Mar 2013, 4:10 am

True, but seeing socialism being promoted the way Chavez has advanced it has probably given Obama a boner at least once or twice.


_________________
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."
- Unknown

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,553
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 Mar 2013, 4:27 am

This socialism kick you Republicans are on regarding the President is only proof that you swallow your own bullshit. If anything, Obama is a centrist, perhaps leaning a bit to the right.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 96,435
Location: the island of defective toy santas

06 Mar 2013, 4:55 am

but obama's centrism still looks left to somebody who is to the right of francisco franco.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,553
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 Mar 2013, 5:06 am

True, so true.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2008
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,333

06 Mar 2013, 6:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Hugo will leave a mixed legacy in history. On one hand, he was pretty much a dictator who subverted elections and his county's own supreme court, and in very Machiavellian fashion used America as the enemy to justify his actions. And yet, no one can deny that he had lifted the poor of his country to a higher standard of living, with the proper nutrition, wages, education, and medical care that that entails. Love him or hate him, the late Hugo Chavez was without a doubt will be recalled as a dynamic historical character.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Agreed 100%, I have mixed views with Chavez as well



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 84
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

06 Mar 2013, 6:49 am

xenon13 wrote:
Chavez - truly great. I am in awe. He has changed his country permanently and for the better. Let's hope that his supporters can keep themselves strong when faced with enemies benefiting from the bottom-less pockets as well as the military, propaganda and dirty tricks resources of the Empire.


He was a wretched Marxist thug.

ruveyn



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 84
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

06 Mar 2013, 6:50 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Hugo will leave a mixed legacy in history. On one hand, he was pretty much a dictator who subverted elections and his county's own supreme court, and in very Machiavellian fashion used America as the enemy to justify his actions. And yet, no one can deny that he had lifted the poor of his country to a higher standard of living, with the proper nutrition, wages, education, and medical care that that entails. Love him or hate him, the late Hugo Chavez was without a doubt will be recalled as a dynamic historical character.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Those very words could be said of Adolph Hitler, yes?

ruveyn



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 84
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

06 Mar 2013, 6:51 am

auntblabby wrote:
the important thing was that for the first time, the working class could afford to eat.


And never mind whose larder the Proles raided or whose property they stole.

ruveyn