Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2007, 11:15 am

ACI - Autistic Community of Israel

ACI is an organisation by and for autistic spectrum people in Israel, for independent and mutual help and support.
ACI members are people of all hues of the autistic spectrum, who believe society should accept autistics' basic right to live as autistics by recognising the autistic being as a different and legitimate way of living.
ACI members aspire to have a self run autistic community, which includes spectrum people of all functioning levels and of all interpersonal communication levels.
An ACI member can be any autistic spectrum person, either formally diagnosed or not, who accepts ACI's principles and aims, whether or not xe is able to actively participate.

For more details, please visit our (Hebrew) website: http://aci.selfip.org/

http://www.autscape.org/

alex
Developer
Developer

17 Jan 2007, 11:58 am

wow that's cool. I can't understand the language of Hebrew, but that site is cool. 8)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2007, 4:19 pm

That looks to be a very good site. :)

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 5:26 pm

Its all in Hebrew! That is surely being racist and discouraging Arab/Palestinian Israelis.

Last edited by manalitwist on 22 Jan 2007, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 5:27 pm

Ah yes, Apartheid.

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 5:36 pm

manalitwist wrote:
Its all in Hebrew! That is surely being racist and discouraging Arab/Palestinian Israelis.

So.... Besides just complaining you could a) start your own arabic language autism website or b) offer your services in translating theirs if you are capable.

Just a thought.

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 6:22 pm

i'm not so sure, i think manalitwist has a fair point.

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 6:46 pm

peebo wrote:
i'm not so sure, i think manalitwist has a fair point.

I don't read Hebrew, so I am not sure if this is a public or private organization.

If it is a private organization, they can do whatever the hell they want, even if it includes calling themselves "Israeli" while excluding a large portion of the Israeli population.

If it's a public organization he's got a point. I've been operating under the assumption that they are private since I am from the U.S. and the government doesn't really sponsor organizations such as these.

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 6:53 pm

this is very true janicka, although regardless of the status of the organisation, one can still express their disaproval. but of course your point is correct.

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

amerikasend
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jan 2007, 8:41 pm

manalitwist wrote:
Ah yes, Apartheid.

Amen

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2007, 6:05 pm

What's up with the anti-israel attitude?

There was a danish ASD site posted earlier(written in danish). Nobody complained about that and I didn't hear "APARTHEID" shouted once.

Please respect fellow humans... don't be dumbfucks please :(

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2007, 7:37 pm

well as far as i am aware, denmark does not operate an "apartheid" like policy against any of its populace. this might just be the reason. although i could be clutching at straws...

Adam Smith

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2007, 8:16 pm

It is very sad that this devolved into unnecessarily into an attack on Israel. This topic did not start with a political agenda in mind but certain members did it necessary do invoke political agendas. I am not saying this hasn't happened before but this is absurdly obvious. This makes this forum seem less welcoming.

For the record, I declare openly I am a strong support of Israel and their right to have a state in the Middle East. I declare that comparisons to apartheid are absurd Israel does not deny their Arab citizens equal rights. They allow them to be elected into the legislature. Israel did not force the Palestinians to live in refugee camps (which are actually under the auspices of the United Nations, and a quasi-independent Palestinian authorities). For years, Muslim countries have treated Palestinian refugees atrociously and at a level far beyond Israel can ever be accused of. Some of these governments (like Saudi Arabia) are extremely prosperous economically, yet they make no effort to improve the situation in the refugee camps (which the Palestinians are not forced to live in).

I also state that I hope someday a two-state solution is possible with an independent Palestinian state side by side with Israel. Currently, Hamas makes up a majority of the Palestinian cabinet so that is a impossibility (they do not even recognize Israel's right to exist). Hopefully they will be defeated in the fighting that is taking place between Hamas and Fatah. And hopefully as well Abu Mazen/Mahmud Abbas will prove to support the same peace plan he recommended support and Yassir Arafat rejected in the year 2000.

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2007, 11:41 pm

jimservo wrote:
For years, Muslim countries have treated Palestinian refugees atrociously and at a level far beyond Israel can ever be accused of. Some of these governments (like Saudi Arabia) are extremely prosperous economically, yet they make no effort to improve the situation in the refugee camps (which the Palestinians are not forced to live in).

Interesting point.... There were quite a few Palestinians enrolled in the college that I attended in Salt Lake City. I became pretty friendly with one of them - her name was Dana. Anyway, she told me that she had a generally positive impression of Israelis because she was always treated better in Israel then in Jordan. Basically, she said that the Jordanians treat the Palestinian refugees like human refuse but the Israeli soldiers always treated her in a very dignified manner even though she wears a hijab.

One thing that Dana said that really stuck in my mind is that she respects the Israeli people but hates their government. She also hates the Palestinian government because she felt that they were taking advantage of the Palestnian people. At that time, Arafat was mostly running the show and she said how terrible it was that his wife and daughters would go on these huge shopping sprees in Paris while the Palestinian people lived in poverty and squalor.

I remember in the 90's when Hillary Clinton said that the Palestinians need their own state for there to be peace. Everyone thought that was so horribly anti-semitic. To me it is very obvious tho - it goes both ways. They both need to acknowledge each others' right to exist. I support the state of Israel. I don't agree with how they treat the Palestinians, but I think that it would be disasterous for the Jewish people if the state of Israel were no more.

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2007, 11:43 pm

manalitwist wrote:

Here's another question. Is WP racist by not having the site bilingual in Spanish?

Bear in mind that the U.S. does not have an official language.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 9:27 pm

manalitwist wrote:

Well that means it's also "racist" again Greeks, Chinese, Indian, Ethiopian, Venezualan...the list goes on. You could also say this whole site is discriminatory against people with Down Syndrome or Cerebral Palsy....

If you're so against it, make your own Arab Asperger's community....otherwise shut up and get a life mate!