Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 1:51 pm

If you lived in the area being searched for the "bomber(s)" would you be afraid to go outdoors? I read somewhere that aspies do not sense or perceive danger, and I know that is true for me. I would not be the least bit afraid to go outside, to do anythng I woud normally do becuase of something like this.

TheValk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 2:40 pm

I often miss the important news entirely, so if that's the case then yes. Otherwise I get really paranoid, unreasonably so too.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 3:28 pm

khaoz wrote:
If you lived in the area being searched for the "bomber(s)" would you be afraid to go outdoors? I read somewhere that aspies do not sense or perceive danger, and I know that is true for me. I would not be the least bit afraid to go outside, to do anythng I woud normally do becuase of something like this.

Well sometimes when I perceive danger it is over something that many NTs would find ridiculous. Needless to say their teasing and ridicule had made me so bitter that now I refuse to fear anything.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 3:53 pm

Probably.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 7:39 pm

If I lived in the immediate area I'd probably stay inside. Since the bombers are desperate at that point I'd make sure the doors and windows are closed and locked and I'd strap on a pistol.
Aspies may (or may not) have a dulled sense of danger but we are not oblivious to it.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 7:46 pm

I'd forget and wander outside.I go outside during tornado warnings,just for a look :lol:
And sometimes I don't have the tv or radio on.I didn't know about the Twin Towers till late that evening.

MusicalWonders
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2013, 12:34 am

I'd be terrified.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2013, 3:10 am

I'd just sit in the bath in the bathroom, with rifle in hand.

"Stray" bullets and all that (from the police, mainly).

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2013, 7:47 am

I'd have stayed inside.

Not so much worried about the bombers, or about stray bullets.

More worried about not showing the responses people expect to see, and finding myself scapegoated.

Oh, yeah-- that's why I stay home pretty much every day.

sdfasdf
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 May 2013, 9:31 pm

khaoz wrote:

Yes, I think I would be afraid to go outdoors.

chadhoward
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 May 2013, 12:39 am

precisely! :) :) :)

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2013, 10:55 am

I'm not sure that I would be afraid.

I would stay indoors because it is the sensible thing to do. I might find myself frustrated at my inability to go out, but I don't think I would be afraid.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2013, 1:04 pm

I would. The handling of the manhunt was total b******t!! ! :evil:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2013, 2:14 pm

I'd be more afraid of being yelled at by the police than of getting injured.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2013, 4:29 pm

I sense and perceive danger to the point that if someone on the opposite side of the country coughs, I'm afraid to leave my apartment for fear of catching their deadly, debilitating flu. In fact, I'm thinking of spending as much time alone indoors as possible between now and before the Canada day weekend when my mother and I go on our trip to Moncton New Brunswick to reduce my chances of getting sick or anything else that could ruin the trip. If there were ever bombers here (lord and heaven and all that's pure and good forbid), I would probably move back into the country where my parents live and hide for the next several months, or kill myself because I wouldn't be able to stand living in acute anxiety and fear again like I did years ago after 9/11. :(

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2013, 4:54 pm

I'd probably stay inside, because I have no idea what would happen. Also, being the smart person that I am, I would only open the door for the police.