Page 3 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2010
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,777
Location: Cottonopolis

30 Sep 2013, 5:52 pm

Tequila wrote:

Every last member of Al-Shabaab in Kenya and Somalia should be massacred. That is the civilised way to do it.


Did you see that Kenyan/Somalian bloke on Question Time? 'The people are EVIL and they represent NO faith on this earth!' He was awesome.

I don't care about all the cultural analysis going on about her being a female convert to Islam, the fact that she was involved with Al-Shabaab says enough about what kind of person she was. Being a white, female Muslim is neither here no there compared to her being a terrorist scumbag.


_________________
Zombies, zombies will tear us apart...again.


Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,897
Location: Lancashire, UK

30 Sep 2013, 6:07 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Did you see that Kenyan/Somalian bloke on Question Time? 'The people are EVIL and they represent NO faith on this earth!' He was awesome.


He lost me with that "they represent" bit. They represent Islamism (not necessarily Muslims, even conservative ones). Clearly.

You know I sound quite EDL on this subject (especially after a bottle of cheap wine), but I shall defer to the column of a no-borders immigrationist on the topic:

Quote:
I'm sorry, but we have to talk about the barbarism of modern Islamist terrorism

In Western news-making and opinion-forming circles, there’s a palpable reluctance to talk about the most noteworthy thing about modern Islamist violence: its barbarism, its graphic lack of moral restraint. This goes beyond the BBC's yellow reluctance to deploy the T-word – terrorism – in relation to the bloody assault on the Westgate shopping mall in Kenya at the weekend. Across the commentating board, people are sheepish about pointing out the historically unique lunacy of Islamist violence and its utter detachment from any recognisable moral universe or human values. We have to talk about this barbarism; we have to appreciate how new and unusual it is, how different it is even from the terrorism of the 1970s or of the early twentieth century. We owe it to the victims of these assaults, and to the principle of honest and frank political debate, to face up to the unhinged, morally unanchored nature of Islamist violence in the 21st century.

Maybe it’s because we have become so inured to Islamist terrorism in the 12 years since 9/11 that even something like the blowing-up of 85 Christians outside a church in Pakistan no longer shocks us or even makes it on to many newspaper front pages. But consider what happened: two men strapped with explosives walked into a group of men, women and children who were queuing for food and blew up themselves and the innocents gathered around them. Who does that? How far must a person have drifted from any basic system of moral values to behave in such an unrestrained and wicked fashion? Yet the Guardian tells us it is “moral masturbation” to express outrage over this attack, and it would be better to give into a “sober recognition that there are many bad things we can’t as a matter of fact do much about”. This is a demand that we further acclimatise to the peculiar and perverse bloody Islamist attacks around the world, shrug our shoulders, put away our moral compasses, and say: “Ah well, this kind of thing happens.”

Or consider the attack on Westgate in Kenya, where both the old and the young, black and white, male and female were targeted. With no clear stated aims from the people who carried the attack out, and no logic to their strange and brutal behaviour, Westgate had more in common with those mass mall and school shootings that are occasionally carried out by disturbed people in the West than it did with the political violence of yesteryear. And yet still observers avoid using the T-word or the M-word (murder) to describe what happened there, and instead attach all sorts of made-up, see-through political theories to this rampage, giving what was effectively a terror tantrum executed by morally unrestrained Islamists the respectability of being a political protest of some breed.


puddingmouse wrote:
I don't care about all the cultural analysis going on about her being a female convert to Islam, the fact that she was involved with Al-Shabaab says enough about what kind of person she was. Being a white, female Muslim is neither here no there compared to her being a terrorist scumbag.


It makes it even worse in that she doesn't have the Islamic cultural background that might make it more understandable.

I want every last member of Boko Haram and Al-Shabaab to die. I want them in absolute agony. There are more than enough Somalis, Somalilanders and, let's face it, Nigerians who I'd get on quite well with. Nigerian Guinness is bloody awesome. But these lot don't represent them. They don't represent humanity. They represent Islamist savagery. (And while I'm asking: why isn't Somaliland recognised yet? They seem to be relatively not-savages in a region teeming with lawless savages [not that I think they're all that way, not by a long shot]. I won't often say this but "something must be done" about it.)



Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Aug 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,948
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas

30 Sep 2013, 7:53 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
The Trail of Tears was not much fun,it went through this area.Many Scots-Irish here are a mix from those that did not go all the way to OK.But the Puritans were awful in their dealings with the native people.I do not celebrate Thankstaking because of this.
Lost Cherokees of the Ozarks has been trying to get recognition as a viable part of the Cherokee nation.Most locals here have Cherokee blood and the Deer school gets some tribal money because many students have native blood.Sequoyah lived here for awhile.My favorite native son is Will Rodgers.


Misslizard, it is always a pleasure to speak to a right-thinking lady. As far as celebrating Thanksgiving, I don't, but then I really don't celebrate any holidays; I think it's part of my autism not to be interested in such things. What I do instead is to try to remind people of those bad things that have happened, and why they have happened, so that they don't happen again.

As far as the Puritans go, they treated everybody who was different from them very badly. What makes the irony particularly exquisite is that they came to these shores to escape persecution and wound up doing just that to others--and still do. Now it's called Political Correctness.


In all fairness, while political correctness has gone overboard on more than one occasion, the intention behind it was sound. Just because you have a prejudice against a certain group simply because of race or religion doesn't mean you should blurt it out. And those who do, and especially those who put action behind their ugly rhetoric, put themselves open to counter attack. Does the KKK or Nation of Islam have the right to say ugly things about other races? Yes, they do. But the rest of us have the right to shout them down to defend our fellow citizens.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Bill, when was the last time Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson lost sleep worrying over whether their policies were good for white people?

PC is actually the sacralization of liberalism--or liberalism turned into a secular religion. According to PC, whites can't say anything about other groups due to collective guilt. But other groups can say just about anything they want to about whites.

PC actually stretches back in the Anglo-American liberal tradition to J.S. Mill, who wrote glowingly about a so-called religion of humanity to replace evil, wicked Christianity. The Frankfurt School, along with a compliant education system and media made sure that PC messages were all the public received--at least until the advent of the Internet.

Actually, this unanimity of opinion was something Mill anticipated (in volumes six and seven of his "Logic"), despite his famous dictum of, we should be allowed to do anything we want, including harm to ourselves, provided that we don't directly harm an innocent or their property in the process. Liberalism is never what it wants to think of itself as.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,516
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

30 Sep 2013, 10:15 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
The Trail of Tears was not much fun,it went through this area.Many Scots-Irish here are a mix from those that did not go all the way to OK.But the Puritans were awful in their dealings with the native people.I do not celebrate Thankstaking because of this.
Lost Cherokees of the Ozarks has been trying to get recognition as a viable part of the Cherokee nation.Most locals here have Cherokee blood and the Deer school gets some tribal money because many students have native blood.Sequoyah lived here for awhile.My favorite native son is Will Rodgers.


Misslizard, it is always a pleasure to speak to a right-thinking lady. As far as celebrating Thanksgiving, I don't, but then I really don't celebrate any holidays; I think it's part of my autism not to be interested in such things. What I do instead is to try to remind people of those bad things that have happened, and why they have happened, so that they don't happen again.

As far as the Puritans go, they treated everybody who was different from them very badly. What makes the irony particularly exquisite is that they came to these shores to escape persecution and wound up doing just that to others--and still do. Now it's called Political Correctness.


In all fairness, while political correctness has gone overboard on more than one occasion, the intention behind it was sound. Just because you have a prejudice against a certain group simply because of race or religion doesn't mean you should blurt it out. And those who do, and especially those who put action behind their ugly rhetoric, put themselves open to counter attack. Does the KKK or Nation of Islam have the right to say ugly things about other races? Yes, they do. But the rest of us have the right to shout them down to defend our fellow citizens.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Bill, when was the last time Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson lost sleep worrying over whether their policies were good for white people?

PC is actually the sacralization of liberalism--or liberalism turned into a secular religion. According to PC, whites can't say anything about other groups due to collective guilt. But other groups can say just about anything they want to about whites.

PC actually stretches back in the Anglo-American liberal tradition to J.S. Mill, who wrote glowingly about a so-called religion of humanity to replace evil, wicked Christianity. The Frankfurt School, along with a compliant education system and media made sure that PC messages were all the public received--at least until the advent of the Internet.

Actually, this unanimity of opinion was something Mill anticipated (in volumes six and seven of his "Logic"), despite his famous dictum of, we should be allowed to do anything we want, including harm to ourselves, provided that we don't directly harm an innocent or their property in the process. Liberalism is never what it wants to think of itself as.


Actually, Al Sharpton in his old age has been self-regulating with his commentary ever since having run for president years ago, and now having his own show on MSNBC. And Jesse Jackson has probably never really been as bad as people imagined him.
And while there have been those who have collectively slammed all whites, that should not be confused with the condemnation of past wrongs.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,061

30 Sep 2013, 11:10 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
Cyberdad, I understand about anglicization of names. Again, my understanding is that around half of the population of the US is still genetically descended from the founding stock. If you have hard information to the contrary, I would like to see it.

As far as Kid Rock being related to Lionel Ritchie, listening to the following should answer that question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glb2U6y-GdU


Having an ancestor of British stock doesn;t mean all your ancestors are British, I recall Mitt Romney was at great pains to overemphasise his English ancestor with a surname "Romney". In reality half his family are of German stock (descended from the Wilken clan). Infact he's as British as Obama who can also claim half his ancestors were British.

Kid rock is born in Michigan which has a large number of Germans. It's really not that hard for a German family with the surname Richter to simply shuffle the letters to make it spell Ritchie.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,516
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

30 Sep 2013, 11:14 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:
Cyberdad, I understand about anglicization of names. Again, my understanding is that around half of the population of the US is still genetically descended from the founding stock. If you have hard information to the contrary, I would like to see it.

As far as Kid Rock being related to Lionel Ritchie, listening to the following should answer that question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glb2U6y-GdU


Having an ancestor of British stock doesn;t mean all your ancestors are British, I recall Mitt Romney was at great pains to overemphasise his English ancestor with a surname "Romney". In reality half his family are of German stock (descended from the Wilken clan). Infact he's as British as Obama who can also claim half his ancestors were British.

Kid rock is born in Michigan which has a large number of Germans. It's really not that hard for a German family with the surname Richter to simply shuffle the letters to make it spell Ritchie.


Many German Americans during the first World War had changed their names because of the rampant Anti-German hysteria directed against them.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,061

30 Sep 2013, 11:22 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
PC is actually the sacralization of liberalism--or liberalism turned into a secular religion. According to PC, whites can't say anything about other groups due to collective guilt. But other groups can say just about anything they want to about whites


If I had a dollar for everytime I heard this clutterbuck!

It's a primitive mind who thinks that having the same melanin content in your skin means you automatically are a member of some esteemed community?

I for one have more in common with a black parent with an autistic child than some NT with the same skin color as myself who finds disabilities uncomfortable. I'm pretty sure most right wing types would prefer to euthanase or sterilise people like us librarian. Better wake up and smell the yellow roses in your backyard.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,061

30 Sep 2013, 11:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:
Cyberdad, I understand about anglicization of names. Again, my understanding is that around half of the population of the US is still genetically descended from the founding stock. If you have hard information to the contrary, I would like to see it.

As far as Kid Rock being related to Lionel Ritchie, listening to the following should answer that question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glb2U6y-GdU


Having an ancestor of British stock doesn;t mean all your ancestors are British, I recall Mitt Romney was at great pains to overemphasise his English ancestor with a surname "Romney". In reality half his family are of German stock (descended from the Wilken clan). Infact he's as British as Obama who can also claim half his ancestors were British.

Kid rock is born in Michigan which has a large number of Germans. It's really not that hard for a German family with the surname Richter to simply shuffle the letters to make it spell Ritchie.


Many German Americans during the first World War had changed their names because of the rampant Anti-German hysteria directed against them.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Yes, a lot of Irish people in Australia changed their surnames. O'Reilly became Riley and O'Hanlon became Hanlon, O'Rourke became Rourke.



Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

30 Sep 2013, 11:46 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I'm pretty sure most right wing types would prefer to euthanase or sterilise people like us librarian.


I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about, as that's an extremely ignorant thing to say.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,516
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

30 Sep 2013, 11:58 pm

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I'm pretty sure most right wing types would prefer to euthanase or sterilise people like us librarian.


I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about, as that's an extremely ignorant thing to say.


I suspect cyberdad was using hyperbole to simply make a point. To be sure, cretins on the right, such as Sharon Angle in Arizona, and Michael Savage have cast doubt that autism even exists. I have yet to hear anyone on the left make such a heartless declaration about us.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,148
Location: Aux Arcs

01 Oct 2013, 12:14 am

As to President Obama's European ancestors.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There's_No ... ack_O'Bama
Black Irish you know :lol:


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,061

01 Oct 2013, 2:43 am

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I'm pretty sure most right wing types would prefer to euthanase or sterilise people like us librarian.

I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about, as that's an extremely ignorant thing to say.

Happy reading
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/1 ... 18392.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/2 ... 73590.html
http://psp.sagepub.com/content/32/5/684.abstract
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/don-c-ree ... 48011.html



Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,897
Location: Lancashire, UK

01 Oct 2013, 2:52 am

Dox47 wrote:
I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about, as that's an extremely ignorant thing to say.


Famously right-wing Sweden practiced eugenics on people for decades.

A lot of right-wing people here would react with horror to the suggestion that we be euthanised. It's more of a problem with control freaks than right-wingers.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,516
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

01 Oct 2013, 3:05 am

Tequila wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about, as that's an extremely ignorant thing to say.


Famously right-wing Sweden practiced eugenics on people for decades.

A lot of right-wing people here would react with horror to the suggestion that we be euthanised. It's more of a problem with control freaks than right-wingers.


Unfortunately, many states in the US had also practiced eugenics, in some cases as late as the 1970's. There are still people alive who had been sterilized by states such as Alabama and California. A great many - though not exclusively - were people of color. In fact, the Nazis in Germany had been greatly influenced by American eugenics practices.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 16,500

01 Oct 2013, 4:20 am

Actually, eugenics was created/invented in America.......California, specifically.

It was only adopted by the Nazis, who were more than happy to encourage the belief that they had Invented/developed it.

As late as the 1940's, a 'White' could not legally marry a Philippino/Philippina; they could actually be jailed!

Sylkat



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,061

01 Oct 2013, 6:34 am

Sylkat wrote:
Actually, eugenics was created/invented in America.......California, specifically.

It was only adopted by the Nazis, who were more than happy to encourage the belief that they had Invented/developed it.

As late as the 1940's, a 'White' could not legally marry a Philippino/Philippina; they could actually be jailed!

Sylkat

Eugenics was popularised in North America but was actually invented by a Frenchman named Claude Binet who developed the Binet scale which was the precursor of the IQ test. Binet's test was originally used to screen people with intellectual deficits for sterilisation. Sterilisation of of "undesirables" was quite a popular policy in American conservative circles and also influenced the early German Nazi movement. Many American right wingers draw on the same traditions of their forefathers.
http://depts.washington.edu/disstud/eug ... disability