AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2013, 7:00 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/shoo ... x-20755173

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

02 Nov 2013, 7:06 pm

This is terrorism. Plain and simple. My hearts go out to the victims here.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2013, 7:16 pm

IMO, shootings will still increase to the point where they become a part of daily life.

As for the LAX shooting, let's keep our fingers crossed that this shooter didn't have Aspergers.
My thoughts and prayers are with the family of the TSA agent who was gunned down.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

02 Nov 2013, 7:27 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
IMO, shootings will still increase to the point where they become a part of daily life.

As for the LAX shooting, let's keep our fingers crossed that this shooter didn't have Aspergers.
My thoughts and prayers are with the family of the TSA agent who was gunned down.

With that logic, bombings may not that be far behind, not trying to be funny. It's just that I have a bad feeling about that.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 2:27 am

equestriatola wrote:
This is terrorism. Plain and simple. My hearts go out to the victims here.

It's more just another unstable person wanting to hurt people.
Let's not abuse the word "terrorism".

Diagnosed in 2005

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 10:33 am

Terrorism probably would be what the shooter had in mind. So yes from his perspective, it might have been an act of terror.

What I see though is a paranoiac who (scarily) thought he was doing a good deed.

It's either mental illness or the result of some sort of brainwashing. I don't think rational explanations are going to work here.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 1:25 pm

Terrorism is using violence or the threat of violence to achieve political goals.

The shooter may have had political materials on him and had a beef against the TSA, but his goal was suicide.
If you get too loose with the term 'terrorism', then all violent crimes become an act of terror.

Diagnosed in 2005

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 4:51 pm

The shooter is just another conspiricist head case ...

Quote:
Paul Ciancia, 23, is now charged with ... murder of a federal officer and commission of violence in an international airport ... If convicted, Ciancia could face the death penalty or life in prison without parole ... The U.S. attorney general would decide whether to pursue a death sentence ... The gunman left behind five magazines of ammunition that ... could have literally killed everyone in that terminal ... He also had a note that apparently referred to the New World Order and anti-government claims ... It's not clear what gave rise to the references, and federal investigators have found no links to known groups and nothing in the suspect's background to explain them. The New World Order is generally considered to be a conspiracy theory ... the handwritten note indicated the suspect made a conscious decision to kill multiple TSA employees.

Source: LAX suspect shot TSA officer, left, returned to shoot him again

• Veritas Illuminata • Semper Illuminans •

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 9:04 pm

Fnord wrote:
The shooter is just another conspiricist head case ...

Quote:
Paul Ciancia, 23, is now charged with ... murder of a federal officer and commission of violence in an international airport ... If convicted, Ciancia could face the death penalty or life in prison without parole ... The U.S. attorney general would decide whether to pursue a death sentence ... The gunman left behind five magazines of ammunition that ... could have literally killed everyone in that terminal ... He also had a note that apparently referred to the New World Order and anti-government claims ... It's not clear what gave rise to the references, and federal investigators have found no links to known groups and nothing in the suspect's background to explain them. The New World Order is generally considered to be a conspiracy theory ... the handwritten note indicated the suspect made a conscious decision to kill multiple TSA employees.

Source: LAX suspect shot TSA officer, left, returned to shoot him again

Definition of terrorism is subjective. In my view you do not have to be part of a group to be a terrorist it. Your "theory " could be conspiratorial, and you don't have to be mental fine to commit a terrorist act. You just need a political or social motive and do it to create fear. . If it turns out the motive was purely personal ie the TSA allegedly harassed him then it would not be terrorism. Columbine/Sandy Hook were not terrorist acts. It was a targeted attack on a government agency. The notes suggest a political motive. This was probably an act of lone wolf domestic terrorism.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TheOneWhoKnocks
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Nov 2013, 10:08 pm

There are a lot of holes in this story and a lot of fishy stuff. That's all I will say.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 3:54 am

TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
There are a lot of holes in this story and a lot of fishy stuff. That's all I will say.

Love your avatar - I'm a big Breaking Bad fan.
But this smells fishy? How so?

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 4:25 am

a lot of fishy things

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 4:45 am

If the implication is that the Obama administration had orchestrated the whole thing to promote gun confiscation, then I'm sorry, but that's just plain paranoia.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 5:21 am

If you listen to right wing extemists, then this guy's actions autually make quite a bit of sense. But do right wing extremists support this guy's actions? No, because they are hyocorites.

Most rational people think of the right win extremists as completely bonkers. The idea that someone would kill someone because of some NWO conspiracy seems ludicrous, but some people actually believe this crap, and people need to realize this.

This guy must have been mentally vulnerable to a point where he actually bought into all of the crap they were spewing.

Makes you wonder whether at least some of the blame should be put on them. Mental illness manifests in different ways depending on the current societal issues of the time. I think this man was mentally ill, but one has to think, don't his actions make at least a little bit of sense if you are to actually take what you here from extremists literally? If you are actually to take this right wing propaganda literally, then you might be able to see how he might think he is doing a heroic deed (in his own eyes).

Most rational people will simply conclude that these people on the far right are absolute idiots. They might even side with them for show, but do they actually kill people ?? - no. .. But I feel like this guy might have just been in such a vulernable state that he was duped. He could have killed far more than one person. This is not a giant victory fo ther security guards (laughable) He didn't kill civilians because he had no reason to. His only interest was in TSA agents. It wasn't because the TSA agents were particularly competent that he only killed one person. The reason he only killed one person was simply because he was speficically targeting TSA agents. To me, this speaks volumes of his mental states, and very little of security. Sadly, this tragedy could have been much much
worse.
iai
If he wanted to kill civilians, then he would have killed many of them. He had no interest in killing civilians. This says quite a bit to me.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 12:19 pm

WHOA!! ! WaYYYYYYY too gruesome!! !!

Please, moderators do something about the gore. We do not need that photo.

Diagnosed in 2005

TheOneWhoKnocks
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Nov 2013, 5:21 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:

Love your avatar - I'm a big Breaking Bad fan.
But this smells fishy? How so?

Thanks and yeah I am a huge Breaking Bad fan too, what I like to call a "blue meth head" hahah! As for this shooting being fishy: The witness testimonies for one are what make me question it. I don't know if you have seen the people that were questioned, but one is a man named Nick Pugh. He was interviewed after the shooting and recounted his story about dropping to the floor and hearing shots. Turn back the clock to 12 years ago and watch people who witnessed 9/11 being interviewed and you can find that this man is a crisis actor. In an interview after the attacks on 9/11 this same man is being interviewed, but his name is Mark Walsh this time. Another witness to the LAX shooting said that Paul Ciancia was dressed head to toe in a TSA agent uniform and firing on TSA agents. We also, have to consider the fact that there are articles that claim that he was dressed in fatigues. Also, it was reported that he was shot several times in the chest, yet in the picture of "his" body, there are no wounds or even bullet holes in his shirt only a disfigured face because that is where he was shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIKdmbAWYVU
Nick Pugh AKA Mark Walsh AKA Who Knows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BC7dzsPBMY
Witness that said Paul was in TSA uniform

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11 ... ing-others
Article that says he was shot primarily in the chest

http://news.yahoo.com/shooting-reported ... 46507.html
Article mentioning that he was in fatigues