Alberta firm Meticulon selling autistic job strengths

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

dancing_penguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jan 2014, 1:28 am

News story on the National (video)

According to the news story, Meticulon has been testing and training some people in Alberta with autism and promoting them to companies as ideal employees for particular sorts of work in IT. In the video, you can see behind the scenes at the company assessment process for the new consultants, and also "sit on" as the company promotes their consultants to a company. It looks like they are really trying to be supportive, rather than just exploit the autistic employees as a source of vulnerable labour. While I have heard of this sort of company before in other countries, this is the first I have seen for Canada.

For further reference, here is Meticulon's website: http://meticulon.com/

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2014, 2:00 am

Well s**t, as an aspie living in Alberta with a strong interest (nay, obsession) in computers, I should totslly look into this.

MarthaCannary
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2014, 2:25 am

As an aspie in Alberta, I sent them an email already..... :twisted: My obsession has been lifelong... Have a drawer full of certifications, no career.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2014, 2:43 am

MarthaCannary wrote:
As an aspie in Alberta, I sent them an email already..... :twisted: My obsession has been lifelong... Have a drawer full of certifications, no career.

Which certifications? I've been wanting to get my Microsoft and A+ but I still have to get my high school diploma. :P

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2014, 3:14 am

North is the #1 way I'd like to move if I did so for more tech work. I'm at least employed for now though.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

MarthaCannary
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2014, 2:05 am

I have a bunch of Microsoft networking certs, a novell cert, a couple of cisco certs my A+ and a couple others. All from win2k... 2004.

cberg wrote:
North is the #1 way I'd like to move if I did so for more tech work. I'm at least employed for now though.

You know that big "Polar Vortex" that killed people and stalled life for millions last week?

That is what life is like here all winter, every winter. For six to eight months.

fml... :roll: