Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2014, 6:55 pm

Web Page Name

Could something like this actually get to market before the money fetishists make it vanish from existence along with its creators, and if it were get to market how many tens of thousands of dollars will it cost? We sure wouldn't want any of those pesky poor people getting hands on something like this.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2014, 7:42 pm

I'd never heard of this Science Channel till now. Thanks for linking to it. It looks informative. I just bookmarked it for my own use in the future.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2014, 7:45 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
I'd never heard of this Science Channel till now. Thanks for linking to it. It looks informative. I just bookmarked it for my own use in the future.

welcome. enjoy it.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2014, 8:09 pm

khaoz wrote:
Web Page Name

Could something like this actually get to market before the money fetishists make it vanish from existence along with its creators, and if it were get to market how many tens of thousands of dollars will it cost? We sure wouldn't want any of those pesky poor people getting hands on something like this.

Running a car on compressed air is possible but the efficiency would be very low.

ruveyn

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2014, 8:20 pm

ruveyn wrote:
khaoz wrote:
Web Page Name

Running a car on compressed air is possible but the efficiency would be very low.

ruveyn

Anything that takes us beyond the use of petroleum powered vehicles and out of the dark ages of locomotion that is currently destroying our planet is worth the effort and expense of full investigation.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2014, 10:34 pm

khaoz wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
khaoz wrote:
Web Page Name

ruveyn

Anything that takes us beyond the use of petroleum powered vehicles and out of the dark ages of locomotion that is currently destroying our planet is worth the effort and expense of full investigation.

energy is not free

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2014, 11:29 pm

Nothing wrong with petrol and we actually have lots of it. It's just that it's so GD expensive by the time it gets to the consumer.

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2014, 1:48 pm

Raptor wrote:
Nothing wrong with petrol and we actually have lots of it. It's just that it's so GD expensive by the time it gets to the consumer.

Apart from the Wars that are fought over it, the environmental damage, and the fact that it's carcinogenic, there is nothing wrong.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Feb 2014, 2:05 pm

Raptor wrote:

Stannis, I'm afraid conservatives in general don't tend to support anything innovative or new, preferring to use tried and tested methods, however harmful they may be to the planet.

Most of them tend to deny global warming because conservative billionaires pay large sums to certain "researchers" to produce results that accord with their own interests.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... ate-change