Shooting Spree in Isla Vista, California

Page 15 of 15 [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 11:40 am

I feel that way without Lexapro.It all depends on finding the right drug for your system.
I tried Xanax for anxiety and it made me feel depressed and like I wanted to die,I take Ativan now and it works great.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 1:17 pm

I've been on Citalopram for the past few years now for anxiety and depression that accompanies Asperger's for me. I have no complaints.

nerds
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 May 2014, 2:15 pm

While aspies are not being rounded up like the japanese just yet, police officers across the country have started to discriminate against them and the president of an illinois chapter of NAMI have called it the criminalization of asperger's. One problem for many mentally ill people and aspies is that if they have a suicidal tendency people will call the police to try to get them help, and there is a growing trend the police officers to just shoot to kill-which is especially dangerous for those with depression attacks. Another problem with aspies having support dogs is these days it is becoming a common problem for cops not to take risks with dogs and just execute them.

If you are ever picked up by law enforcement, do not say anything other than name, address, and registration and insurance or other information as determined by your state's laws. Never give them consent to search your home or car, refrigerator or anything unless they have a warrant. If they say they smell marajauna, do not let them into your home without a warrant. If it is a car, still refuse and make sure they have it on video or written down that you refuse to give consent -but in some states they do have the right to search so don't stop them from actually searching-know the laws of your state. Make sure your lawyers know you refused consent-cops are known to plant drugs, and in some states can condemn and seize your vehicle. If they they question you, demand to your right to counsel. Cops these days know that it doesn't matter if you did something wrong or not and they are extremely dirty, 95% of people plea often to get out of jail-many are innocent-or plea guilty to avoid risking an adverse jury decision. When cops purposefully target law abiding mentally ill people and people with behavioral disabilities, it is their way of telling them that they are not welcome in their community and making them go through life with a criminal record the very second they swear out a false warrant-even if they beat their charge. Police are not your friend, they can and often will hurt you far more severely than most criminals ever would. This county would be better off without them at this moment in time.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 4:11 am

BuyerBeware wrote:
a therapist had told me in no uncertain terms that the most socially responsible thing I could do as a person with Asperger's was take my antipsychotics, isolate myself, and stop trying to live--

A therapist told you that? WTF?? I would have gone to the AMA or whatever organization regulates them and reported Him or Her. Thats worse then when a therapist told me "I don't know what I can do to help you". But she still wanted me to come in for more sessions. At the time I did not know about my AS so I did'nt tell her I had it, but still.

Diabolikal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2014, 8:43 pm

nerds wrote:
While aspies are not being rounded up like the japanese just yet, police officers across the country have started to discriminate against them and the president of an illinois chapter of NAMI have called it the criminalization of asperger's. One problem for many mentally ill people and aspies is that if they have a suicidal tendency people will call the police to try to get them help, and there is a growing trend the police officers to just shoot to kill-which is especially dangerous for those with depression attacks. Another problem with aspies having support dogs is these days it is becoming a common problem for cops not to take risks with dogs and just execute them.

Can you give proof of the Illinois president of NAMI saying this, or of police officers discriminating against persons with Aspergers or autism?

nerds
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 4:15 pm

KB8CWB wrote:

I see no reason why we shouldn't. I am on the spectrum and I own firearms. I for one don't want to lose my rights as I have served my country and have been a contributor to society. But I am sure this will stir up the debate yet again.

Anything can be used as a weapon even a 4,000 lb car. Being on the spectrum should not allow them to take away our rights without just cause. I am surprised however this happened in California of all places with the strict gun laws that they have! /sarc Just goes to show that laws don't prevent crime. You can pass laws to prevent this sort of thing. Even through his HSA diagnosis, he had to have a personality disorder I would think.

I feel you 100% and am coming from basically an opposite angle. People who are generally stable are fully capable of determining whether or not it's a good idea for them to have guns around.

I enjoy shooting guns and all that, and have considered buying a .45 for home protection, but I won't do it because I drink a lot and who the hell knows what could conceivably go wrong? I'm not a violent person by nature, I'm responsible when I drink 99.9% of the time, and I understand how to handle guns, but I personally have to duck the .01% chance that something horrible could happen under unforeseen circumstances.