Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 6:06 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
With my health as bad as it is (type 2 diabetes, as well as hypertension and high cholesterol, in addition to anxiety, bipolar I and ASD), you can understand now why I no longer seek work in any government entity. Upon looking back, I'm glad I never got the position at EPA. Of course 9/11 had a lot to do with that, as I was supposed to interview at EPA on 9/11/2001.

hopefully you have your pension to look forward to in 3&1/2 years. I have to wait until 2020 for mine, if it is still there by then. I was in the uncivil service after my army time so I was double-marinated in stress, I guess. it did a number on my health, which I am still recovering from.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 6:20 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
With my health as bad as it is (type 2 diabetes, as well as hypertension and high cholesterol, in addition to anxiety, bipolar I and ASD), you can understand now why I no longer seek work in any government entity. Upon looking back, I'm glad I never got the position at EPA. Of course 9/11 had a lot to do with that, as I was supposed to interview at EPA on 9/11/2001.

hopefully you have your pension to look forward to in 3&1/2 years. I have to wait until 2020 for mine, if it is still there by then. I was in the uncivil service after my army time so I was double-marinated in stress, I guess. it did a number on my health, which I am still recovering from.

You're a lot better off than I am. Neither contractor I worked for within DoD gave a rat's ass about their employees. The only reason I even had medical was because I was also working for Pizza Hut on the weekends. The Pizza Huts here in Central PA were corporate stores at the time, and they offered medical (it wasn't the greatest, but it was better than nothing, at the time), as well as stock options, to their part-time help.

Now you know why I'm so soured on any kind of contracting work, whether it be government or private industry.

Gotta run to the toilet. I over indulged at the Hotel Hershey this afternoon for lunch. The music director from church treated the choir to lunch. (He can afford it. He was a career Army man, serving as an Organist in the Chaplin's corps. His last Duty Station was the Carlisle Barricks). I didn't even east very much: just a small salad. 1/2 dozen shrimp, prime rib, and about 1/2 gallon of water.

Last edited by Meistersinger on 01 Jun 2014, 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 6:28 pm

khaoz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
khaoz wrote:
I smell a skunk. Obama repeal didn't work. Benghazi gate is a waste of time gun walker false flag didnt work IRS gate didn't work 80+ months of slander, co*kblocking obstructionism didn't work Everything these zero integrity Conservatives have been fabricating to drag Obama through the mud has not worked Even Karl Rove and the Romney boys trying to rig the Ohio ballot didnt work Now VA gate. And every bit of it because these whiners cannot accept that they are getting thrashed. And still they are trying to steal elections.

they have co-conspirators in the form of our fifth column of moneymen, as well as durable legions of low-information voters who consistently vote against their own economic interests just to stick it to people they don't like.

...and I still wonder what connection Fox News has to McDonalds and how much bonus the typical McDonalds manager gets paid to blast the Fox News propaganda machine into the ears of little toddlers all day long.

Yes indeed, it's all a conspiracy between Fox News, Micky D's, and probably the tea party or GOP to create a conservative iron youth for tomorrow.
:roll:

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 7:08 pm

I've been reading about this, and frankly it sounds like bureaucrats treating veterans like numbers instead of men and women who served their country. I would guess its systemic rot.