Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mmcool
Veteran
Veteran

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 6:15 am

the daily mail is a right-wing rag who are doing their level best to demonize the disabled, the poor and anyone that isn't a millionaire tory arse trumpet.

My RSS feed:
www.steviecandtheplacetobe.net/rss.xml

mmcool
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 6:29 am

StevieC wrote:
the daily mail is a right-wing rag who are doing their level best to demonize the disabled, the poor and anyone that isn't a millionaire tory arse trumpet.

Left wing source:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-27742716

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 6:36 am

mmcool wrote:
StevieC wrote:

Left wing source:

and did you note how this "left-wing source" didn't harp on about those with autism not working full time and claiming benefits?

My RSS feed:

mmcool
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 6:38 am

StevieC wrote:
mmcool wrote:
StevieC wrote:

Left wing source:

and did you note how this "left-wing source" didn't harp on about those with autism not working full time and claiming benefits?

Statistics speck for themselves.

Why are you going after me?

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 6:41 am

i'm not going after anyone. you're the one who started a topic in a public forum...

the fact that the mail just couldn't resist dropping benefits and work into the story just shows you the kind of people they are.

My RSS feed:

mmcool
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 6:44 am

StevieC wrote:
i'm not going after anyone. you're the one who started a topic in a public forum...

the fact that the mail just couldn't resist dropping benefits and work into the story just shows you the kind of people they are.

It's vary relevant to the story.

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 6:46 am

mmcool wrote:
StevieC wrote:

and their narrative of denigrating those with disabilities as scroungers undeserving of state help. just read the comments.

edit: if it WAS adding to the story, they could have said what the NAS say, in that altho 80% of those with autism do not work, they do want to - and can, given the right support.
but of course, that prevents the mail from implying that they're scroungers, so they just say they don't work and claim benefits and leave it at that.

My RSS feed:

Last edited by StevieC on 10 Jun 2014, 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

mmcool
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 6:48 am

StevieC wrote:
mmcool wrote:
StevieC wrote:

and their narrative of denigrating those with disabilities as scroungers undeserving of state help. just read the comments.

Can you not see all comments not just one or two?

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 6:52 am

mmcool wrote:
StevieC wrote:
mmcool wrote:
StevieC wrote:

Can you not see all comments not just one or two?

yes i saw all of the comments, mostly from uninformed idiots.

My RSS feed:

mmcool
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 8:29 am

Anyone with a opinion that is not just hate towards a website?

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 11:36 am

Cancer and other diseases do not usually require life-long care. You survive them or they kill you in a 5 to 10 year period. Nor do they require daily 'work' from professional staff.

Autism on the other hand, does and almost in the majority of situations it is a life-long care plus frequent professional staff to work with them.

...and these morons don't realize that when whining that one bill is bigger than the other?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 11:52 am

Both websites are using this research ... http://archpedi.jamanetwork.com/article ... id=1879723

The research counts individual productivity loss as part of the "cost". That is so subjective, and can be manipulated. It is quite an assumption to say that autistic people are therefore less productive. I would want to see how they estimate that before I would believe their numbers.

I would wonder if they look at a high functioning person that makes say £50,000 / year and think, hmmm .. if that person did not have high functioning autism, then that person would be even more productive.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 11:56 am

No wonder people want to come up with a genetic identifier, so they can abort early. We cost too much. And like everything in our civilization, it comes down to a cost benefit analysis.