Page 8 of 10 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 94,323
Location: the island of defective toy santas

10 Jan 2015, 1:44 pm

I wonder what he said up in Canada that got him booed?



MarthaCannary
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 29 May 2012
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 335
Location: Unicomplex

11 Jan 2015, 3:34 am

Image


Vessyl Smart Cup

Required equipment for any future meetings with Mr Cosby. :wink: :twisted:


_________________
"Curse your sudden yet inevitable betrayal"


League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 23,826
Location: Pacific Northwest

11 Jan 2015, 4:20 am

auntblabby wrote:
I wonder what he said up in Canada that got him booed?



Not the point. People want to boo him because he raped women so they want to go to his show and boo at him for it.


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2014
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,746
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

11 Jan 2015, 9:52 am

People link

Quote:
Bill Cosby was confronted by female hecklers during his third and final show of his Canadian tour on Friday night.

After the audience was warned of possible disruptions during the comedian's performance at Hamilton Place Theater in Ontario, the group of approximately 30 hecklers stood up and chanted, "We believe the women," before leaving the venue voluntarily, according to The Hollywood Reporter.



heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,393

15 Jan 2015, 10:32 am

I tend to believe the women who have accused him.

Having said that, there is such a thing as false memory syndrome. However, due to the numbers of women who have testified against him separately, I tend to take the side that he is guilty.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,176

16 Jan 2015, 12:35 am

heavenlyabyss wrote:
I tend to believe the women who have accused him.

Having said that, there is such a thing as false memory syndrome. However, due to the numbers of women who have testified against him separately, I tend to take the side that he is guilty.


Cosby's attorney won't be able to use false memory due to the number of accusations. The only thing protecting Cosby is the US state laws relating to Statute of Limitations. The women involved have left their allegations too late as according to US state law if an allegation is not made within a certain time-frame then it lapses...



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 94,323
Location: the island of defective toy santas

16 Jan 2015, 12:46 am

the truth is out there.



Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2011
Age: 5
Gender: Female
Posts: 16,804

16 Jan 2015, 6:24 am

Know what intrigues me?

While there is question of Cosby's guilt, there is reason for debate and discussion, because no (known) proof exists that he assaulted anyone.

He has supporters, and condemners,and those who simply want to know the truth.

However, there is a man and wife named Giudice who appeared on an American reality show a year or two ago, about rich people in New Jersey.

Turns out they were embezzling, or doing Ponzi schemes, or some type of financial fraud(s) all along.....that is why they were rich.

They were arrested, had a big trial, evidence proved what they did, deliberately, knowingly, not caring who they hurt, and they are now in prison.

American media is painting this Theresa Giudice as a martyr, as someone to feel sorry for, reporting how scared she is to be in a woman's prison, misses her kids, her life is in ruins.....

She IS a criminal!

There is no question of HER guilt!

While any doubt exists of Mr. Cosby's accused assaults, there is a possibility of SOME innocence on his part, yet he is believed guilty (apparently) by the majority of Americans., and condemned as such.

How can the same people feel sorry for a high-living thief who stole other people's money for years, just to live in mansions, and disgrace her entire family?

I do not understand this at all!


_________________
Sylkat
Student Body President, Miskatonic University


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 94,323
Location: the island of defective toy santas

16 Jan 2015, 3:39 pm

I, for one, do NOT feel sorry for that crook! let them both rot. as for cosby, let god sort it out if the earthly justice system falls down.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,176

16 Jan 2015, 10:05 pm

Sylkat wrote:
How can the same people feel sorry for a high-living thief who stole other people's money for years, just to live in mansions, and disgrace her entire family?I do not understand this at all!


Rich people often do fraudulent things under the guise of tax avoidance or misleading clients. This seems (on appearance) less serious than allegations of sexual assault which incite stronger feelings of anger.

One thing these Ponzi people selectively filter out is the number of people who end up losing their jobs, life savings, marriage and even suicide over being duped.



Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,874
Location: Florida

17 Jan 2015, 10:18 pm

There is also the possibility of people accusing him of rape because the allegations are coming in by more than one woman...which as many above mention, lends a lot of credibility.

Given the statute of limitations in place and literally a 'his word vs theirs and no evidence available' he wont be prosecuted...but his reputation and finances are coming crashing down because of it.

The accusers may be either:

1- Telling the truth.
2- Doing it to get money out of him.
3- If #2 didn't work, ruin him as punishment.
or
4- Doing it to bring attention to rape in the media.
5- Gain some media time themselves.

...or a combination of all the above. Perhaps one is telling the truth, a couple after that doing it for money and once it became scandalous the #4 and #5 crowd join in.

Or perhaps he did rape all of them as they claim. There is no way to know.



slave
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2012
Age: 107
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,424
Location: Dystopia Planetia

18 Jan 2015, 1:48 am

MarthaCannary wrote:
Image


Vessyl Smart Cup

Required equipment for any future meetings with Mr Cosby. :wink: :twisted:



BAHAHAHAHA!
good one!! !


_________________
Since the birth of civilization, small sets of dominant individuals have controlled the numerical majority. Even a cursory reading of world history will substantiate this claim. Kings, Pharaohs, Emperors, Sultans, Czars, and Dictators have imposed their will upon their subjects. This pattern has not changed over the millennia and it remains so, today. Our Masters rule over every nation and no one can defy them. They will attain Absolute Power as we reach the Singularity. All those who oppose their will, will be destroyed. Given the obvious futility, I will not resist. 2+2=5.


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,747
Location: temperate zone

22 Jan 2015, 7:07 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Know what intrigues me?

While there is question of Cosby's guilt, there is reason for debate and discussion, because no (known) proof exists that he assaulted anyone.

He has supporters, and condemners,and those who simply want to know the truth.

However, there is a man and wife named Giudice who appeared on an American reality show a year or two ago, about rich people in New Jersey.

Turns out they were embezzling, or doing Ponzi schemes, or some type of financial fraud(s) all along.....that is why they were rich.

They were arrested, had a big trial, evidence proved what they did, deliberately, knowingly, not caring who they hurt, and they are now in prison.

American media is painting this Theresa Giudice as a martyr, as someone to feel sorry for, reporting how scared she is to be in a woman's prison, misses her kids, her life is in ruins.....

She IS a criminal!

There is no question of HER guilt!

While any doubt exists of Mr. Cosby's accused assaults, there is a possibility of SOME innocence on his part, yet he is believed guilty (apparently) by the majority of Americans., and condemned as such.

How can the same people feel sorry for a high-living thief who stole other people's money for years, just to live in mansions, and disgrace her entire family?

I do not understand this at all!


Was she one of the "Jersey Housewives"?

Not trying to pick a fight, but I never heard of her, nor her scandal.
Am not aware of how the american public nor the american media treats her (despite being an American).

So its hard for me to believe that a big chunk of the american public even cares about her- the way they care about Cosby and his scandal. And its hard for me believe that this chunk of the American public that supposidly "makes her a martyr" are either comparable in size, and/or are the SAME people as those who condemn Cosby.

So you will have to demonstrate that these pro Guidice people are the same people as the anti-cosby people before we all can comment.



androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2014
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,746
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

22 Jan 2015, 10:27 pm

Well you have to give him credit for tenacity.

link

Quote:
The returns amount to 1,200 out of the 3,100 tickets sold — or 38.7 percent — for the performance at the Buell Theatre, according to Kent Rice, executive director of Arts & Venues for Denver, according to The Denver Post.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 94,323
Location: the island of defective toy santas

22 Jan 2015, 10:33 pm

that man must have tremendous expenses to still have to go out and sell tickets at his age, after years of million dollar paychecks. 8O