Page 1 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 4:34 am

Meistersinger wrote:
To quote Rhett Butler, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

The only time Cosby was ever funny was back in the 1960's, when he was still was working blue, at least what passed for blue in that era. Other than his 1980's series, the only TV show where he was at his best as I Spy, a drama. His first solo series, as a high school basketball coach, was a bomb. To me, Cosby lost his edge once he completed his doctoral degree in Educational Psychology.

An interesting article on Cosby's doctorate
http://www.people.com/people/archive/ar ... 96,00.html

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 6:45 am

Reuters link

Quote:
"I know people are tired of me not saying anything, but a guy doesn't have to answer to innuendos," Cosby told Florida Today ...

The comedian has never been charged and his lawyers have said the assault claims were discredited and defamatory...

Cosby's Las Vegas performance next week and four other shows in Arizona, Illinois, South Carolina and Washington state next year have been canceled. With NBC and Netflix Inc also dropping projects with the comedian this week, the allegations have threatened Cosby's wholesome public image and future viability in show business.

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 7:02 am

I have zero doubt it's all true , men in power will always leverage their position to try and gain easy access to sex, and Bill being an influential figure, was very much in the position to do so. There was another actor from the first Jurassic park movie that got caught in a similar scandal not to long ago, but the the girl in that case was under age, which made is much worse.

A person with a footing in an industry promising a young girl the world in exchange for a little something is probably as old as the first human institutions...but It's depressing when someone with Bill's image is caught up in that, but that just shows you how seductive the corruption is when you have leverage over people, that corruption touches everyone, nobody is off limits.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 9:26 am

It's like finding out your favorite Grandpa is a perv.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 9:30 am

Jacoby wrote:
It is an unfortunate situation all around considering these accusations can never be proved and Cosby cannot defend himself, instead we're just destroying and ostracizing someone in the court of public opinion. The number of accusers certainly is alarming tho.

Ah-hah!

[opinion=mine]

This leads me to believe that his accusers are looking for the same settlement, and will maintain their allegations as long as Mr. Cosby maintains his silence and refuses to deal with any of them.

Buncha *&^%$#@ goldiggers, that's what they are!

[/opinion]

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 5:29 pm

People who bring to light incidents that may or may not have actually happened a long time ago are the ones that are full of themselves.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 5:39 pm

I lost respect for him long ago when he got all upper-class.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 8:04 pm

Klowglas wrote:
I have zero doubt it's all true , men in power will always leverage their position to try and gain easy access to sex, and Bill being an influential figure, was very much in the position to do so. There was another actor from the first Jurassic park movie that got caught in a similar scandal not to long ago, but the the girl in that case was under age, which made is much worse.

A person with a footing in an industry promising a young girl the world in exchange for a little something is probably as old as the first human institutions...but It's depressing when someone with Bill's image is caught up in that, but that just shows you how seductive the corruption is when you have leverage over people, that corruption touches everyone, nobody is off limits.

Agreed. This is way too many victims for it to be uncertain.

In retrospect, Cosby gave hints of his predatory nature by repeatedly bringing up 'Spanish Fly'.

So sad this can go on so long. But he was at least found out in the end.

EmeraldGreen
Toucan
Toucan

23 Nov 2014, 9:09 pm

Misslizard wrote:
It's like finding out your favorite Grandpa is a perv.

Yeah. My brother and I used to listen to his many records when we were kids. All this makes me sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbXWrmQW-OE

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 9:10 pm

I think it was lily tomlin who said "I'd be a cynic, but I just can't keep up." :|

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 10:50 pm

I'm Mr presumption of innocence around here, but I can't write off this many accusations that are so similar coming from people who have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by coming forward, I might have withheld judgment if it was just one or two, but this is overwhelming.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 7:25 pm

Any material evidence to prove even one allegation of rape yet?

No?

Case closed.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 8:12 pm

Fnord wrote:
Any material evidence to prove even one allegation of rape yet?

No?

Case closed.

16+ near identical stories spread over decades from people who have nothing to gain by telling them is "nothing" to you?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 8:34 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Any material evidence to prove even one allegation of rape yet? No? Case closed.
16+ near identical stories spread over decades from people who have nothing to gain by telling them is "nothing" to you?

Do the words "In the beginning ..." mean anything to you? How about "Argumentum ad Populum"?

Wikipedia wrote:
... an argumentum ad populum (Latin for "appeal to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes a proposition is true because many or most people believe it. In other words, the basic idea of the argument is: "If many believe so, it is so."

Thus, just as 16+ "testimonies" regarding alleged apparitions of the "Virgin Mary" do nothing to prove the alleged veracity of the Bible, so 16+ people who have submitted the same story regarding a wealthy celebrity's alleged crimes -- after first having heard the story from someone else -- do nothing to prove that the celebrity committed any of the alleged crimes that those alleged "victims" claim that he allegedly committed.

Check the facts ... if there are any ... :roll:

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 8:37 pm

I don't know ... I wouldn't leave my daughter alone with him (if I had one.)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 8:43 pm

anybody that would even joke about Mickey Finns leaves me wary.