Page 3 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2014, 2:36 am

Skibz888 wrote:
And if nothing else, at least give him some jail time for starring in 'Ghost Dad' and 'Leonard Part 6'.

QFT :star:

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2014, 9:23 am

seriouscomic wrote:
The high number of misogynistic comments on this post is alarming. This is exactly the reason why so many women around the world are afraid to come forward with their personal accounts of being raped, molested or abused. Most cases go completely unrecorded, as women are continualy being told that it's just easier to keep quiet about it and deal with it through conselling.

Men, I urge you to get educated about women's rights and feminism (aka equal rights). We have a right to live without fear. Do you know what it's like to walk out of the door and be afraid that we're going to get harassed every single time, especially nights? (and don't even bring up anything about how we dress).

Your lack of support for these women is scary. Every time you make a comment that supports rape culture, a rapist gets supported. Now, I realize that generally this is an audience on the spectrum and you may be less empathetic to understanding the 'female plight' (althought NT males are similarly vapid in this area). But please, please I urge you to get on board with supporting the other half of the human race. You know, the half that GAVE BIRTH TO YOU!

Go check out some statistics: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs239/en/

What in the world are you talking about? We're all crucifying Cosby. :?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2014, 4:50 pm

some are defending him come hell or high water.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 6:40 am

Er what? Being female does not mean you're automatically trustworthy, or that the normal standards of evidence don't apply to you...

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 11:31 am

Did any one of the women go to a doctor, a clinic, an Emergency Room?

Did any one of them keep any form of evidence, torn underclothing, stained bedding(sorry if that is inappropriate in an open forum), or any drinking glass or dish that might have had drug residue?

Did any one of them take a picture of bruises or any marks of violence or restraint?

How many best friends, sisters, mothers have come forward to say that any one of them called, crying and scared, and told them what happened?

The 'Monica Lewinsky Dress' was proof of sexual activity.

The pictures taken of Nicole Simpson's beaten body and face were evidence.

The pictures of Christie Mack's bruised and beaten body and face were evidence.

So far, there are a number of women making similar accusations, but even in the late 1970's, many/most women knew to contact authorities, get immediate medical exams and treatment, and to keep/submit to police any and all clothing, especially undergarments.

For accusations this serious, some evidence must be offered, to condemn this man, and to break his family's hearts.

Whatever the truth is, his children and his wife, Camille, do not deserve the pain that they are going through.

If any of this is not true, does the accuser realize how much she is hurting those who have loved Mr. Cosby their whole lives?

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 12:11 pm

Sylkat wrote:

For accusations this serious, some evidence must be offered, to condemn this man, and to break his family's hearts.

If a young woman is raped by someone she trusts and fails to save material evidence or talk about it within a certain window of time, she should keep her mouth shut forever?

I strongly disagree. There are many young people who are molested and raped who hide it for their whole lives, often because they are ashamed, confused, naive, or afraid of what others will think. Some are even pressured to keep quiet for a long time, and others are worried about their reputations and fear that their personal lives and careers are at risk.

In the later stages of life, it's common for people to seek emotional closure and peace by reflecting on the past and letting go of painful experiences by talking about them.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 4:48 pm

I agree with you completely.

But out of all these accusers...there are over ten, I believe, it is difficult for me to understand that not one told a sister, a best friend, or, like Nicole Simpson, showed bruises to someone.

I am not aware of anyone coming forward to say that they were a confidante years ago, and tried to get her friend to go to the authorities.

Mr. Cosby will not be charged of any crime, as too many years have passed, but there are men STILL (in America!) being released from decades of prison who were finally proven innocent of sexual assault.

Where I live, years ago, two men were beaten almost to death, because a local teenager said she had been raped.

It was later proven that it had not happened.

If money was paid to any of these women, that is some form of evidence, and a former employee of a T.V. Network SAYS he paid off women, so where's the paperwork?

I am also remembering the Duke University Lacrosse Team accusations.

Everyone believed it.

It did not happen.

Evidence proved it.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 8:32 pm

"some are defending him come hell or high water"

Some wrestling fans refuse to accept that Benoit killed his family.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 8:51 pm

collectoritis wrote:
"some are defending him come hell or high water"
Some wrestling fans refuse to accept that Benoit killed his family.

it's the old thing about how some people like a particular celeb so much that it is impossible for the celeb to do any wrong. IOW they argue that one should separate the wrong-doing artist/celeb's actions from their celebrity.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 6:01 am

Also, shockingly, some people are defending the outdated concept of requiring evidence to condemn someone, rather than just accusations.

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 4:25 pm

well, I'm glad Robin Williams is gone, he would have been next.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 2:40 pm

This case has ominous similarities to that in the UK of Rolf Harris,who had been a well-respected family entertainer for over 30 years on British tv,presenting children's programmes and even being commissioned by the Queen to paint a portrait of her.
When one woman pursued a historic case against him it led to others recounting their stories,some of which involved alleged assaults when they were under 16.The pattern emerged that Rolf Harris had been such an icon that he was considered untouchable in public opinion.At first it was difficult to imagine he could be guilty but Harris was caught out by glaring inconsistencies in his defence,such as when he denied ever having visited a town only for filmed evidence to emerge proving that he was there at the time of the allegation.Harris was convicted and is in prison.

While Bill Cosby certainly deserves to be considered innocent unless the burden of proof suggests otherwise,
the alleged victims also deserve not to be completely dismissed out of hand.
Personally I find it difficult to process because The Cosby Show was part of my childhood and I really liked it,but I also really liked Rolf Harris only to feel disillusioned the more that facts emerged during his trial.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 2:45 pm

why would, out of the blue, all those widely separated women be saying these things against him at the same time, unless there was something that happened with at least one of them and cosby? why would it automatically just be their collective imaginings? I don't believe he will ever see the inside of a jail cell but I see a fatty Arbuckle thing happening where his career is in a shambles for a good long time.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 4:17 pm

timtowdi wrote:
the crazy part is all the people insisting that the women are in it for money or fame. Most of them seem to be well-off already or famous on their own. Considering how many women he seems to have been paying off the big money looks like it was in shutting up, not going to the media.

A well-off person isn't necessarily not greedy or not seeking for an easy life.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 4:23 pm

Klowglas wrote:
I have zero doubt it's all true , men in power will always leverage their position to try and gain easy access to sex, and Bill being an influential figure, was very much in the position to do so. There was another actor from the first Jurassic park movie that got caught in a similar scandal not to long ago, but the the girl in that case was under age, which made is much worse.

A person with a footing in an industry promising a young girl the world in exchange for a little something is probably as old as the first human institutions...but It's depressing when someone with Bill's image is caught up in that, but that just shows you how seductive the corruption is when you have leverage over people, that corruption touches everyone, nobody is off limits.

Having influence and leverage in position to gain easy access to sex is one thing (ie. becoming a ladies man)- this is not a crime.

And intoxicating women with pills to have non-consent sex with them is entirely another thing.

I have no opinion on the whole case but...no one really knows for sure, he might be guilty as f**k; but it's also possible that these women want gain. I admit that no one of them ever tried to go to the authorities at the time is suspicious - I understand the reasons why back then some were afraid, but all of them?

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 11:32 pm

At this point the only money hungry woman I see is his wife…the one who would stay with such a disgusting pig (whether he cheated on her through consensual sex or rape) that cheated on her so many times…now THAT is disgusting…how can ANY decent woman continue to sleep with such a man?