Page 6 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 8:08 pm

It's easy to fool all of the people all of the time; just don't leave any evidence behind!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 8:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
It's easy to fool all of the people all of the time; just don't leave any evidence behind!

http://www.classicshorts.com/stories/lamb.html

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 8:26 pm

Syd wrote:
Fnord wrote:

http://www.classicshorts.com/stories/lamb.html

saw that on "Alfred Hitchcock presents...." ages ago :)

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2015, 7:55 pm

Fnord wrote:

Hmm, and I thought that rape was the exception of 'pressumption of innocence' in the PC world, am I wrong to think that Cosby would be in prison right now if he wasn't a celebrity and didn't have much money (a regular poor to middle-class guy), regardless if he is guilty or not?

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 3:05 am

auntblabby wrote:
does that mean that if I murdered somebody, that as long as I never get caught that I never committed murder?

Yep, you didn't do it insofar as the law is concerned.

That's the secret (don't tell anyone!). :P

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 3:07 am

blunnet wrote:
Hmm, and I thought that rape was the exception of 'pressumption of innocence' in the PC world, am I wrong to think that Cosby would be in prison right now if he wasn't a celebrity and didn't have much money (a regular poor to middle-class guy), regardless if he is guilty or not?

You would be wrong, unless you so happen to live in a police state.

Presumption of innocence is universal in criminal law until it's proven you actually did it, which needs tangible evidence.

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 3:42 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Presumption of innocence is universal in criminal law until it's proven you actually did it, which needs tangible evidence.

In the books yes, obviously, the issue is the degree of which that is applied *in practice* when it comes to sex crimes allegations. Regarding the preponderance of evidence, according to Fnord, if there isn't material evidence you have nothing, I have my doubts that is how the justice system works, the fact that, apparantly, courts give to much importance to eyewitness testimonies is scary, not to mention ideological biases (ie feminism) getting in the way.

Also, the possibility of a regular John being already detained when Cosby isn't. I mean, I think that his celebrity/social status gives him more protection than regular guys would have, and that is regardless if he is guilty or not.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 12:38 am

blunnet wrote:
Fnord wrote:

he cant ever be put in prison because of the statute of limitations

unless a new victim comes forward who can prove intercourse happened in the last 10 years he cant ever be prosicuted

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 5:20 am

Even though he can't be charged due to statute of limitations being expired, he is already facing a consequence. Many channels have pulled his TV shows and places were cancelling his show and even Netflix has pulled his shows. Also he will be getting less respect from people. There will still be places out there that will let him do his shows and I am sure some stations will still show his shows and people will still like him because not everyone believes he did it. Plus he is already 77 so he might be forced to retire if his career is ruined.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 12:53 pm

it appears he outlived his luck, unlike jimmy savile.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 2:00 pm

He's earned a bazillion so somehow I don't think he cares if his career is over :|

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 12:17 pm

Bill Cosby to face heat at three Ontario shows

He's booked to play Wednesday, Thursday, Friday this week. The venues are under contract to provide their premises. The CBC has reported that protests are planned both inside and outside the event.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 1:22 pm

So people are going to see his show just to boo at him. I also saw that his walk of fame star got vandalized.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 1:34 pm

A lady was on the radio was saying she plans to confront him during his show. He has issued a statement advising audience members not to become involved in any disruptions. I imagine security will be tight.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 12:24 pm

blunnet wrote:
... according to Fnord, if there isn't material evidence you have nothing, I have my doubts that is how the justice system works, the fact that, apparantly, courts give to much importance to eyewitness testimonies is scary, not to mention ideological biases (ie feminism) getting in the way.

No, it's how the justice system works.

Police need evidence. Eyewitness accounts support evidence, but they're not evidence itself.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 1:44 pm

I wonder what he said up in Canada that got him booed?