police arrest 90 year old vet for feeding homeless

Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 6:10 pm

http://www.care2.com/causes/police-arre ... eless.html

what a topsy turvy nation we've become, when do-gooders are punished but evildoers [towns that pass anti-homelessness laws] are rewarded.
?If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin.? - Charles Darwin

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 6:54 pm

What a dumb reason to arrest someone. He was doing something good and selfless, then they arrest him. Then again, Florida seems to be...weird (putting that in nice terms) with the law.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 7:02 pm

I was in florida once and it struck me as a "mean" place. the cops were very short with people.

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 7:10 pm

That's sickening. Those are HUMAN BEINGS who are suffering. Mothers once held them in their arms and they once had dreams and hopes. Now you treat them like nothing, as if they're already dead.

This old veteran had enough of a heart to volunteer his time, more than the vast majority of selfish people ever do for their fellow man, and you put him in cuffs.

He shouldn't be helping them... the government should! It's disgraceful that citizens of one of the wealthiest nations are roaming the streets in the first place!!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 7:12 pm

more and more my own country is making me weep.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 7:41 pm

Wow that's pretty sick, wtf....haven't even read the article yet.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 8:19 pm

After the results of Tuesdays elections, I believe it is only going to get worse. The more Conservatives have power the more inhumanity will expose itself

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 8:41 pm

khaoz wrote:
After the results of Tuesdays elections, I believe it is only going to get worse. The more Conservatives have power the more inhumanity will expose itself

What are you talking about? Fort Lauderdale the city that enacted the ordnance is an extremely liberal city who's county went for democrat Charlie Crist by 68%.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 8:49 pm

AntDog wrote:
khaoz wrote:

What are you talking about? Fort Lauderdale the city that enacted the ordnance is an extremely liberal city who's county went for democrat Charlie Crist by 68%.

then why in hell are they persecuting not only the homeless but the people who HELP THEM?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 9:17 pm

auntblabby wrote:
AntDog wrote:
khaoz wrote:

then why in hell are they persecuting not only the homeless but the people who HELP THEM?

Because its probably not actually an extremely liberal city, having a democrat voted in by 68% is not the same thing as having an extremely liberal city....democrat and liberal are not synonyms, many democrats seem quite conservative on a lot of things.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 9:29 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
AntDog wrote:
khaoz wrote:

Because its probably not actually an extremely liberal city, having a democrat voted in by 68% is not the same thing as having an extremely liberal city....democrat and liberal are not synonyms, many democrats seem quite conservative on a lot of things.

IMHO bluedog dems are DINOs.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 9:50 pm

Sound like homeless peoples are considered invasive animals now. :(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 9:53 pm

in other quasi-fascist/authoritarian regimes, the homeless are summarily dealt with, malice-aforethought. we are headed in that direction.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 11:41 pm

How about this: the vet gives the homeless person a penny. Then he sells that person some food for one penny. Repeat as necessary.

What a ridiculous law - as stupid as it is cruel.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 11:42 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
How about this: the vet gives the homeless person a penny. Then he sells that person some food for one penny. Repeat as necessary. What a ridiculous law - as stupid as it is cruel.

might be a good idea to tell that guy to do that.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 11:48 pm

It would not surprise me if Ft. Lauderdale isn't home to the umber-rich (think Koch Brothers). Rather than feed and help the poor, just make them disappear, either by hook or by crook.