Sarah Palin draws criticism re: son standing on dog

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 7:04 pm

news.yahoo.com/sarah-palin-photos-son-stepping-dog-trigger-online-174330799.html

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 11:27 pm

If the dog cared, I'm sure we would have seen the outcome.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 11:47 pm

Yeah, SP scares me, but the kid and dog are cute together. What kid doesn't climb all over their dog?

Grovepark
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Jan 2015, 5:46 am

Before anyone thinks I am being funny dogs are my special interest.

I have 4 dogs who live with me and my partner, they are quite used to being leaned on or suprised by their people, we have spent a lot of time acclimatising them to the fact that such actions mean them no harm as dogs are not naturally a cuddly species.

My worry with this picture is that sometime later it will turn into the "it suddenly flipped and bit my kid!" That you see on all the papers headlines. Why do I think that?
I'm sure you have been in situations where you have not been happy and have been unable to communicate but didn't feel like you should move as being still is what was expected? Imagine though you had a teenager standing on you (your larger than a dog remember) you could hurt him if you move, you give out subtle signals to say you are uneasy and they are missed, what is your next option? It's not like you can just get up and walk away, you have someone standing on you.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 2:36 pm

I didn't have my glasses on when I looked at that the first time, didn't see the ones on the side where he's fully on top of him. Yes, I think that could lead to trouble, and probably wasn't very comfortable for the dog. The dog might very well understand that the kid is different and doesn't understand what he's doing, they're pretty perceptive. Maybe he really loves the boy so he sat still. She should train him though, that could end up a mess.

CalicoCat
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Jan 2015, 11:52 pm

Grovepark wrote:
My worry with this picture is that sometime later it will turn into the "it suddenly flipped and bit my kid!" That you see on all the papers headlines.

Exactly, behind most of those headlines is a dog that has tried to say "Enough!" and wasn't heard. Is it okay if I PM you to talk about dogs?