Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

MetalFist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Feb 2015, 4:53 pm

- 'sodomizing special education student with a broomstick'

This is really terrible.

Quote:
Five students at Seattle high school between the ages of 14 and 15 are accused of sodomizing an 18-year-old special education student with a broomstick in October.

The students, all football players at Juanita High School, were charged on Friday with second-degree rape. They will be arraigned in juvenile court on February 20.

The Seattle Times reports that the special education student was allegedly lured into the shower of the locker room on October 22..

It was there that three of the boys are accused of holding him down and pulling down his pants and underwear while one student attempted to sodomize the boy with a broomstick.

One of the players recorded the incident on his cell phone.

Kirkland police were called to the high school on December 22 when the victim's aunt claimed her nephew was sexually assaulted with a broomstick, according to court documents.

Police say one of suspects soon said, 'this isn't funny anymore' and the teens halted their attack, reports Komo.
The victim claims he was contacted that night by head football coach Shaun Tarantola, who said he was 'sorry that happened.'

The victim was a volunteer football team manager, and the boys were football players, reports Fox.

Students who witnessed the attack reported the incident to the Kirkland Police Department.

'Although the incident does not appear to have been sexually motivated, the charges reflect that the attack involved an attempted or threatened penetration with a broom handle while one student was restrained by several others,' the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office said in a news release.

All five of the students were expelled from school and because they were tried in a juvenile court, their names will not be revealed.

Detectives interviewed the five suspects and all but one of them tried to place the blame on another student.

Only one player admitted to the alleged rape and said 'I was going to stick a broom up (the victim's) a**,' according to court documents.

In addition to the students' expulsion two of the Juanita football coaches were put on administrative leave in November while the assault was being investigated.

They were able to return to their jobs in January.

Principal Gary Moed wrote an email to students' parents following the incident saying that locker rooms would be supervised and locked if an adult is not able to be present.

'Five students have been charged with a very serious crime,' Moed wrote.

'The possibility that an incident of this nature could occur at Juanita High School has been devastating to this school and our community. This incident is not reflective of what we all know that Juanita High School represents. Our school has worked hard to make every student feel welcome and safe.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... stick.html

It makes you wonder if safe to go to school anymore and why we got school shootings in the US.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 6:52 pm

That's awful. Good the assailants have been charged.

Schools are closer to prisons than places of learning these days.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 9:01 pm

Goddamn jocks. Even after all these years since graduating from high school, I still hate them. :evil:

invaderhorizongreen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 10:11 pm

As far as I am concerned if they attempted this once, it is only a matter of time before they do it again. Only the next time it will go further and be far worse.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 10:41 pm

It's a sick and dangerous world out there. Schools are glorified prisons these days.

MetalFist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Feb 2015, 3:29 pm

I agree with most of you all comments. These schools is pretty much turned into prison nowadays and not about learning and being in the secure campus anymore. I'm glad that i'm not in grade school anymore because if i was still in grade school, i would be more paranoid about going school with all this going on. I would ended up being home school instead.

I don't get how they are charged as juvenile and should be charged as a adult. I don't care if their underage. If you do these kind of thing in school, you should be charged as adult. No excuses. That's just my view about this whole thing.

This boy is going to have really tough time going to school now. I feel really sorry for the boy. :( This give me another reason to hate the jocks.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 8:29 pm

Out of the 2 million students arrested and imprisoned each year... these kids actually deserve it.

On one hand, schools are willing to send kids who simply don't conform to prison... on the other hand you've got kids like these who probably did a whole lot of sh*t and simply weren't punished because of popularity.

The U.S. imprisons kids at 5x the rate of any other country and 95% of those imprisoned students never did anything violent but were imprisoned for things like "drawing alarming cartoon." And yet... they can't stop things like this... They obviously can't pick out the truly dangerous kids from the rest.

Have you seen the security in these schools now? A local highschool I went to for a few events had fences through the cafeteria to separate the kids into smaller groups and the fences had barbwire on the top. They have key combination locks, security cameras, at least one police officer on duty at any one time if not more...

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 10:31 pm

Utterly sickening. Reminds me of another incident in the news that happened years back. A group of high-school football jocks thought it was great fun to pile on another student and "tea-bag" him. The poor victim's school experience was pretty well destroyed after that. Should have had the book thrown at those tormentors.