Page 7 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

DataLore
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 May 2015, 8:54 pm

I've heard that she'd been getting a very rough deal from some of the producers too, who were probably a large part of why she was being made to wear a dress that was too small for her. Her family have said that they wanted her to be remembered as a conqueror of addiction, so that's what I'll be remembering her as. That and the hair.. wow. XD

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 9:11 pm

she had to be among the most beautiful of all the actresses on TOS. unfortunate that she had severe personal issues to deal with.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 11:21 pm

DataLore wrote:
I've heard that she'd been getting a very rough deal from some of the producers too, who were probably a large part of why she was being made to wear a dress that was too small for her. Her family have said that they wanted her to be remembered as a conqueror of addiction, so that's what I'll be remembering her as. That and the hair.. wow. XD

Still, we straight guys, and probably more women than you'd think appreciate that she was put in that too small of a dress! :lol:

DataLore
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 May 2015, 9:40 pm

Oh I'm definitely not complaining about short dresses in general! I just heard that they dressed her in outfits that were too small, like.. everywhere, so she had to go on diet pills to fit into them. :(

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 11:25 pm

DataLore wrote:
Oh I'm definitely not complaining about short dresses in general! I just heard that they dressed her in outfits that were too small, like.. everywhere, so she had to go on diet pills to fit into them. :(

That's to be sure. Roddenberry was pretty much force fed the too short dresses by the network; in the original pilot, Pike's female Number One dressed in pants, like the guys.