Is this the most severe act of treachery ever by Congress?

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Will this incident be a game changer for who Americans support?
Yes because this is the greatest act of treachery by a US Congress in decades 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Yes because this is much worse than anything the Democrats have ever done with a Republican President in decades 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
No because while this was an awful move it is not really going to be seen as worse than the obnoxious stuff Republicans and Democrats have been doing for decades 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
No because I think this was a bad move it is not going to be enough to change loyalties or inspire moderates of any kind to switch loyalties 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
No because the Democrats have repeatedly done stuff just as awful as well 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
No because at this point most Americans see the country's two party politics the same as pro wrestling and so they are probably past caring 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 14

emax10000
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Mar 2015, 4:12 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/10/world ... .html?_r=0

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics ... clear-deal

Now obviously this was a very bad move in terms of PR for the Republican Party and in terms of showing a lack of willingness to do their part at all in terms of reaching across the aisle. This was clearly an atrocious move in more ways than one.

However, do you think this is going to be a major game changer for US politics?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 5:02 pm

the GOP edges ever closer to a coup. we need a general butler for our times to tell the truth to them.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Mar 2015, 5:04 pm

It has to be up there, it really is a disgusting move by the GOP and this comes after that embarrassing speech by Netanyahu. The warmongers are working over time right now pandering the dumbest of society. Will it change anything? I doubt it. The Democrats won't stand against their president but most are only moderately better on foreign policy if at all than your typical Republican as you can see by the bipartisan turnout Netanyahu got and Obama's precidency, the only thing Republicans and Democrats can agree upon is bowing at the feet of Israel. We seem destined to repeat history over and over again.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 5:19 pm

to me, the 47 are just a symptom of the ominous fifth column in our country who continue to enthusiastically vote for them.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 5:21 pm

Eh, screw Iran.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 5:22 pm

Jacoby wrote:
It has to be up there, it really is a disgusting move by the GOP and this comes after that embarrassing speech by Netanyahu. The warmongers are working over time right now pandering the dumbest of society. Will it change anything? I doubt it. The Democrats won't stand against their president but most are only moderately better on foreign policy if at all than your typical Republican as you can see by the bipartisan turnout Netanyahu got and Obama's precidency, the only thing Republicans and Democrats can agree upon is bowing at the feet of Israel. We seem destined to repeat history over and over again.

^^ I agree. This action has nothing to do with supporting Israel or attacking Iran. They just want to screw over Obama. There is no strategy at work here beyond the next election (a problem with American politics in general).

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 6:26 pm

staremaster wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

^^ I agree. This action has nothing to do with supporting Israel or attacking Iran. They just want to screw over Obama. There is no strategy at work here beyond the next election (a problem with American politics in general).

I think that once a president loses his majority in congress, there should be new elections. What use is it to have a president that can't really do anything?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 6:47 pm

if we had a parliamentary system then that would happen. but we don't.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 11:07 am

I think the Iranian response to the letter was excellent.

I do think all those senators should not be allowed to resign..they should be removed from office and charged with the Logan Act. I've read the previous times the Logan act was called upon and I think that only once did the accused person 'fit' the purpose of the act (Jim Wright).

What these senators did however is 100% why the act was put in place. Here you have members of the US gov. actively sabotaging ongoing diplomatic efforts for the sole purpose of benefiting their own interests.

The act says 'fined or imprisoned' ... I favor the imprison part. Money would not matter much to these sock puppets given they get plenty stuffed up their rear end by those that put them in the senate.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 2:36 pm

the wealthy top-out-of-sight entities whose pockets these 47 traitors are in, would not permit them to fall under these circumstances. nope, no jail or fines or even a handslap for them. if anything, they will be rewarded.

chagya
Toucan
Toucan

11 Mar 2015, 2:57 pm

Most of these 47 seem to be affiliated with the Tea Party (TROLL PARTY). The letter is not a show of unity. It is a show of dumbassery. This is the sheit that gets people elected these days. The Tea Party is full of these kinda people who have no ability, or desire to self edit. They proudly proclaim " I say what is on my mind. I don't sugar coat anything. Screw political correctness. I am rebel" (bleh bleh bleh). And there is a constituency that eats this up like it is LSD infused cotton candy. For these yahoo's, the whole agenda is to create an atmosphere where they perceive themselves getting a rise out of someone, pissing someone off, "butt-hurting someone". Like petulant, stubborn adolescents, "look at me, look at me"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 2:58 pm

I strictly blame the ones who voted for them.

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Mar 2015, 2:59 pm

Is it only "treachery" if Republicans do it?

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/5-times ... le/2561314

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 3:04 pm

luan78zao wrote:

small potatoes. can you name any other time that HALF THE SENATE [all GOP] did such as a block?

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Mar 2015, 3:22 pm

auntblabby wrote:
luan78zao wrote:

small potatoes. can you name any other time that HALF THE SENATE [all GOP] did such as a block?

I don't care if it's one individual or 400. If the 47 are guilty of "treachery" or "treason" then Pelosi, Kennedy, and those other yahoos are too.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

11 Mar 2015, 7:22 pm

There aren't two parties in this country, there is only one and it is the War Party. Presidents and control of congress may change but they are always the ones in power, most Democrats won't stand up to their president as most Republicans won't either so while 47 Republicans signed on to this look at how many Democrats showed up at to bow at the feet of the Likud Party leader of Israel which the intent was the exact same as this letter. Honestly the Netanyahu invitation to me is even worse.

FWIW, I've never been more disappointed in Rand Paul than I am now. I miss his dad. :(