23 Mar 2015, 9:52 pm

/\ Just when we thought it was over, more jock-o-phobia. :roll: :roll:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 10:27 pm

Raptor wrote:
/\ Just when we thought it was over, more jock-o-phobia. :roll: :roll:

As long as jocks are assh*le bullies, I'll be jock-o-phobic.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 11:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Really? Jocks are predestined to be jocks?

Of course.

Of course again, "jock" doesn't mean good or bad on its own, just as being a geek doesn't denote either one.

When you start labeling something either of those (good or bad), you show bias and bigotry in the same way as a racist does. Painting the whole group is exactly that.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 11:44 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Of course.

Of course again, "jock" doesn't mean good or bad on its own, just as being a geek doesn't denote either one.

When you start labeling something either of those (good or bad), you show bias and bigotry in the same way as a racist does. Painting the whole group is exactly that.

Again, no one is born a jock. And even if someone chooses to be a jock, he doesn't need to be an assh*le. It's a matter of choice, whereas being black or gay is not.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 12:16 am

Dillogic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Of course.

I understand raptor but why are you trying to defend these insufferable frat boy idiots? here's one who got away with multiple homicide/murder because the judge thought because he's wealthy it's not his fault...
http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/12/12/the ... -accident/

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 1:27 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I understand raptor but why are you trying to defend these insufferable frat boy idiots? here's one who got away with multiple homicide/murder because the judge thought because he's wealthy it's not his fault...

He's not defending frat boys, he's attacking stereotyping, just as Raptor and I have been doing.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 1:21 am

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

He's not defending frat boys, he's attacking stereotyping, just as Raptor and I have been doing.

If that's the case then it's a fine line between covert support for what is essentially anti-social and dangerous behavior and (what you claim) is unfair stereotyping of wealthy spoilt college frat boys in addition to previous groups whom you and raptor have defended in the past such as gun fanatics, tea party supporters and racists. You might call it fighting stereotypes but lets not kid ourselves why you and raptor hide behind the first amendment to take pot shots at anyone who dares try and topple the proverbial applecart of "right wing darlings" and their woeful humanitarian track record.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 1:33 am

cyberdad wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

If that's the case then it's a fine line between covert support for what is essentially anti-social and dangerous behavior and (what you claim) is unfair stereotyping of wealthy spoilt college frat boys in addition to previous groups whom you and raptor have defended in the past such as gun fanatics, tea party supporters and racists. You might call it fighting stereotypes but lets not kid ourselves why you and raptor hide behind the first amendment to take pot shots at anyone who dares try and topple the proverbial applecart of "right wing darlings" and their woeful humanitarian track record.

Funny how according to Dox and Raptor that anyone having a different view on gun rights, or who think places of business have no right to discriminate against customers are uninformed liberal ideologues, but criticize bad behavior of anyone on the right, and you're guilty of stereotyping.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 10:44 am

cyberdad wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

If that's the case then it's a fine line between covert support for what is essentially anti-social and dangerous behavior and (what you claim) is unfair stereotyping of wealthy spoilt college frat boys....

Covert support? In my case I wouldn't bother to be covert about it. And this has evolved into a jock-o-phobia campaign which is sharing the same characteristics of the racism and homophobia you all would be screeching about if that were the case. It's not very liberal of you all to be as narrow minded as you make any non-progressive out to be at every opportunity.

Quote:
...in addition to previous groups whom you and raptor have defended in the past such as gun fanatics, tea party supporters and racists.

What are you talking about here?

Quote:
You might call it fighting stereotypes but lets not kid ourselves why you and raptor hide behind the first amendment to take pot shots at anyone who dares try and topple the proverbial applecart of "right wing darlings" and their woeful humanitarian track record.

Grow up.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 10:50 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Funny how according to Dox and Raptor that anyone having a different view on gun rights, or who think places of business have no right to discriminate against customers are uninformed liberal ideologues, but criticize bad behavior of anyone on the right, and you're guilty of stereotyping.

Ah, now that an ally has come to your rescue you take another shot at your nemeses Dox and Raptor.
Cheap and childish.....
:roll:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 1:13 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Ah, now that an ally has come to your rescue you take another shot at your nemeses Dox and Raptor.
Cheap and childish.....

No more cheap and childish than you and Dox ganging up on me. And I thought I had made a rather valid point.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 3:29 pm

Stereotyping is bad.

There are "good" people and "bad" people everywhere, and in most groups.

Being an Aspie does not mean you have to be bullied at school; some schools actually succeed in creating an inclusive atmosphere where it is kids that choose to bully who get marginalized, not the "different" kids. My son's high school has a reputation for being that type of school, and my son has not been bullied there AT ALL.

While there have always been some Frats doing these sorts of stupid things, it is only relatively recently that the bad behavior had the opportunity to create as many devastating consequences as it does today. Social media changed the game forever.

It is not always jocks joining Frats, and different Fraternities have different personalities just like any group of people will. Some are nice, some aren't.

The school was right to close down a group that did not know how to restrain it's negative instincts.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 5:02 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Cheap and childish.....

No more cheap and childish than you and Dox ganging up on me. And I thought I had made a rather valid point.

No one's ganging up on you, it's just your victim complex at work.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 6:14 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Cheap and childish.....

No one's ganging up on you, it's just your victim complex at work.

Oh, really? I happen to make a comment on any random topic pertaining to politics and society, and you and Dox jump all over me. I disagree with either of you on a topic, and you both go on a tirade duet against me. Sounds like ganging up to me. Or is Dox just your ally who comes to your rescue? :P

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2015, 1:43 am

cyberdad wrote:
If that's the case then it's a fine line between covert support for what is essentially anti-social and dangerous behavior and (what you claim) is unfair stereotyping of wealthy spoilt college frat boys in addition to previous groups whom you and raptor have defended in the past such as gun fanatics, tea party supporters and racists.

That's the thing about principles, you don't get to pick and choose when you apply them, which is what makes them principles, not that you'd know anything about that sort of thing. I'd defend Hitler if someone called him a pedophile, I don't care for lies, even against otherwise loathsome people.

cyberdad wrote:
You might call it fighting stereotypes but lets not kid ourselves why you and raptor hide behind the first amendment to take pot shots at anyone who dares try and topple the proverbial applecart of "right wing darlings" and their woeful humanitarian track record.

Did I invoke the 1st amendment in this thread? I attack stupid and ignorant statements, hence why you and Kraichgauer so often find yourselves on the wrong end of my posts. I suppose you also think the ACLU supports the rights of neo-Nazis to march because they're really a bunch of closet right wingers? Lawyers that defend murderers are in favor of murder? I mean, I'm so right wing, what with my support for such wingnuttery as guaranteed minimum income, ending the drug war, reforming the justice system to make it more fair, etc, real crazy stuff.

Also, your mind reading skills haven't improved, you really shouldn't embarrass yourself like that.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2015, 1:53 am

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
If that's the case then it's a fine line between covert support for what is essentially anti-social and dangerous behavior and (what you claim) is unfair stereotyping of wealthy spoilt college frat boys in addition to previous groups whom you and raptor have defended in the past such as gun fanatics, tea party supporters and racists.

That's the thing about principles, you don't get to pick and choose when you apply them, which is what makes them principles, not that you'd know anything about that sort of thing. I'd defend Hitler if someone called him a pedophile, I don't care for lies, even against otherwise loathsome people.

cyberdad wrote:

Did I invoke the 1st amendment in this thread? I attack stupid and ignorant statements, hence why you and Kraichgauer so often find yourselves on the wrong end of my posts. I suppose you also think the ACLU supports the rights of neo-Nazis to march because they're really a bunch of closet right wingers? Lawyers that defend murderers are in favor of murder? I mean, I'm so right wing, what with my support for such wingnuttery as guaranteed minimum income, ending the drug war, reforming the justice system to make it more fair, etc, real crazy stuff.

Also, your mind reading skills haven't improved, you really shouldn't embarrass yourself like that.

Just because you and the ACLU think it the right thing to do to defend bad people when their rights are violated or are slandered, you seem to think cyberdad and myself are wrong for taking positions that we believe are right. Did you ever consider that our stances are what we genuinely believe, and that perhaps the more polite thing to do would be to just agree to disagree?